Ares Games

Thread: KS App Stretch Goal - From Ares

Default KS App Stretch Goal - From Ares

I decided to send them a message and ask:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise - 22 Jan 2019
    Hello, Has there been any progress or new[s] about the app in the Stretch Goals?

Thank you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares - 28 Jan 2019
    NO
    The good news is that they answered. That's the end of the good news.

After nearly four years I didn't expect anything else, doubted it was a prospect from day one.

"He is wise who watches"

Just my opinions . . . Betwixt the WWI Giants KS and now the T & T KS I have lost a lot of respect for the
    process. I was turned off the first KS by the exclusiveness of the offers, pulled out and ended getting my aircraft and maps from Keith's Aerodrome about a week or so after the KS was mailed out for nearly the same price, KS exclusive sets! (so sez the boxes). The digital offer didn't interest me since this was a board game, not a computer game for me . . . didn't realize it had never been produced.

Now the years its been with the Tripods and the final product being nearly hideous in design by my opinion, I am regretting my investment. I should have listened to my initial reactions. I was drawn to the Victorian era and thought steampunk designs and instead got a cross between Alien and Transformers . . . so I will do what I do, make my own Tripods and develop my game my way. If and when we do get the KS items mine are going to be available . . . NO MORE KS for me and the elves! Sorry for the rant . . .
    Last edited by clipper1801; 01-29-2019 at 15:08.

Had good luck with the Zombicide games till the last release. Had a few other KS go off well also. I have noticed the last year or so that delay times are expanding quickly. Not quite sure why but it always seems to get blamed on Chinese Production slowdowns, errors, delays, ect. I am beginning to suspect their production capacity is stretched and they are no longer such a good deal to go to for KS production. Add in things ALWAYS seem to come due at New Years time and then we get more delays and quality issues (Not just T and T on this one). Not sure what the answer is but have to start looking at not bidding on items with no stretch goals. Why invest a few years in advance when I can save my money and get everything when it comes out anyway. Stretch goals were rewards for investing early...no reward, no early investing.

It seems our favorite hobby has a real issue right now with finding airframes. Lack of stock in stores, lack of new prints, and lack of reprints are killing interest. Add in the KS that is way overdue stalling everything else and I can see why they may be going online. Produce it once and sit back and sell pixels, no dealing with production or suppliers. Hope it ain't so but......

Yep Clipper, you ain't the only one down in the dumps.

This give me another way to play the game. I'm not overly excited about the Steampunk looks of the Tripods either. You're right though, Steampunk and Aliens is kind of weird. But I don't model so it is what I opted for.

Over all I've had luck with Kickstarter, though nothings perfect. Ares hasn't been the best of the lot.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-25-2017, 04:45
  2. 4th KS strech goal: WGF APP
    By Marechallannes in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2016, 06:27
  3. WGS: Ares FW-190
    By jbmacek in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 07:19
  4. And last but not least... Ares' Ki.84