Ares Games

Thread: Joint Base Andrews Air Show

Default Joint Base Andrews Air Show

I had a friend visit the other day and was talking about the Air Show at Joint Base Andrews so after he left I looked it up to see if and when it was happening this year. I found the link to the show so here it is. Being retired military I get to go on Friday so not the large crowds like the weekend and I can drive on base. Seems the show is every other year so for those of you in the VA/DC/MD area here is a link to what is happening. When I looked at what is happening I got very excited as the Thunderbirds and Blue Angles will both be there. Another one is the USAF Heritage flight. When I went to the last show I took about 1200 pictures so good thing I have a large capacity card for my camera. As you can see the show is 11-12 May for the general public but I can go on the 10th so I will get many photos.

https://www.jba.af.mil/Home/Air-Show/

Just a reminder for those in the VA/MD/DC area that the show is May 11-12. Blue Angles and Thunderbirds will be performing along with a demo flight by an F-35 and A-10.

Show is the weekend to remind those in the area.

Enjoy your visit to the show, Bob, and please share some of your photographs with us here afterwards.

I am also going with Civil Air Patrol on the tenth, so I might see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I will look for you at the CAP site.
    Just went to my squadron meeting, and they changed the day that we are going to be there to the 11th, so I will not see you there.

Calling for bad weather Friday so not sure if I will go. From what I see not very good flying weather that day. OH WELL

We are still probably going on Saturday, so if the weather is good, I can share some of my pictures.

Similar Missions

1. Joint Base Andrews
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 18:05
  2. ww2 base cards
    By Vawarner in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 01:31
  3. WGS WANTED: DH.2 (Hawker & Andrews), Fokker E.III (Immelmann)
    By BraselC5048 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2016, 13:41
  4. BoB base sizes
    By Boney10 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 06:34
  5. Measuring Range: base-to-base or stand-to-base?
    By ColoradoCoppens in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 23:51