Ares Games

Thread: Bomber Command Memorial Vandalized

Default Bomber Command Memorial Vandalized

Whomever did this is truly a mindless twit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...xMaf3_nqZhH6a4

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Very disappointing, to be sure. I'm surprised that this has happened so many times since 2012!
    Last edited by fast.git; 01-21-2019 at 08:04. Reason: Cursed auto-correct.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie80 View Post
    Whomever did this is truly a mindless twit....
    Change a vowel and you'd be on the money Jim !

"He is wise who watches"

Some people.....

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Change a vowel and you'd be on the money Jim !
    What he said ^ ^ ^

Moronic scum!

People like this don't deserve to live where they do. When you don't respect the sacrifices others made in the past for your present freedoms in life, I say get out.

Retarded F**kwits
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

When I see things like this I can go on and on but these days you have to erase the past because those people were bad because of what they did. In their minds history must be erased so there is no shame in what they did.

Angry

This is so disappointing! Why one has to ask & what did they think they were achieving????
    Hopefully they will be found, punished & made to assist in the cleaning & restoration.

How any person can do this shows complete ignorance and lack of personal morality.

disgusting. i hope the perpetrators are found and punished severely.

Really senseless Personally I think if they are ever caught, they should be drafted into the army and made to sever so that they learn the sacrifices that military members make... even when they don't end up making the ultimate sacrifice. And as part of their training, they should have to go around cleaning all war memorials.

They should get the job of cleaning every memorial to Bomber Command in every country who fielded airmen or support staff in the war with a notice around their neck explaining their crime. That should keep them busy and out of mischief for a few years whilst doing some good, and when they finish they can start again.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    They should get the job of cleaning every memorial to Bomber Command in every country who fielded airmen or support staff in the war with a notice around their neck explaining their crime. That should keep them busy and out of mischief for a few years whilst doing some good, and when they finish they can start again.
    Rob.
    With toothbrushes!
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Mindless bottom-feeding pond scum!

Turns out several other statues were vandalised as well, including the one to PC Yvonne Fletcher, who was shot dead outside the Libyan Embassy in 1984.
    Also the Canada Memorial in Green Park, and the Royal Marines Memorial in the Mall.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4046006.html
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Keep us up to date if they catch these --insert your curse word here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    With toothbrushes!
    No, with their TONGUES. Make them SPIT-shine 'em all.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

A shame.

I wish those idiots a little time travel to 1943 and a ticket for a nightride with a Handly Page Halifax over Berlin. (diapers included)
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

I am speechless, clearly they have no idea what sacrifices were made to give them freedom and they repay it with this garbage, super disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    A shame.

I wish those idiots a little time travel to 1943 and a ticket for a nightride with a Handly Page Halifax over Berlin. (diapers included)
    Add a salvoing out the bay with the payload (give 'em a chute, I'm not totally heartless) and I'm right there with you.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Similar Missions

1. RAF Bomber Command Memorial - Beachy Head
    By Baldrick62 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 02:17
  2. The Bomber Command Memorial can you help?
    By AlgyLacey in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 09:23