Ares Games

Thread: L13 Zeppelin standee

Default L13 Zeppelin standee

Well - first off - thank you to all those who had Zeppelin airship threads and I apologize for "borrowing" from your work on the the idea, gun arc card, rules and the management cards, but thank you all for the efforts on those. I would still like to get a Clipper built model if the opportunity ever arrises for the right price - they look amazing.

But, I will make do with this 2D standee i put together with foam board and sticker printer paper.
    I am not sure about the scale - probably around 1/240 - its about 27" long. I would have liked it to be closer to 1/144 but my gaming table is only 56" wide so I opted for about half my table width. It is about 3/4" thick - 4 layers of foam board and I did make the rear lateral stabilizer protrude for hint of 3D effect.

I haven't had it out for a game yet, but will soon on my London maps and will post a proper picture then.

- Myles

Name:  L13_pic.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  302.8 KB
    Last edited by seanmyles; 01-19-2019 at 21:07.

Well done! Zeppelins are dangerously addictive, but also very awesome! Enjoy.

A very impressive option Myles.
    That might well get a few more people to take on actions with airships.
    As an owner of Clipper's Zeppelin, North sea airship, and WW2 Blimps I am already a devotee.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I read the title of this thread as "Led Zeppelin Standee" and thought it was about an early 1970 concert.....man I'm getting old !

Nifty. I have one of clipper's but the thing is hard to get on the table... almost need to move games to the floor for it.

That looks really nice. I would like to know details such as how do the pegs attach and what about storage? I guess being flat it lies on the top of something?

Hi Gary - since the width is about 3/4" (4 foam boards glued together) I bored hole in the foam board for two bomber pegs superglueing them in place fully recessed. As for storage, it sitting atop a bookcase at the moment and could lay flat if I slide out and remove the rear lateral stabilizer fin - the one "3d" element of the design.

- Myles

That looks great, Myles! Looking forward to its first flight!

Thumbs up

Fantastic work Myles.
    It really looks the goods & is a great option to having one of Clippers masterpieces.

Rep Inbound!

Great idea. Looks excellent.

Similar Missions

1. Zeppelin
    By Baxter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-05-2018, 05:53
  2. WGF 2-D Zeppelin 'how-to' or 'How to cook a Zeppelin for minimal outlay'
    By Biggles downunder in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2014, 23:56
  3. ZEPPELIN!!!