Ares Games

Thread: Favourite Viper?

Default Favourite Viper?

I think it is clear that the MK VII is the superior Viper in terms of performance (unless it has to unknowingly contend with a Cylon Virus!!!), but, for me at least, it is not the most visually appealing!

For me, the Viper Mk II easily takes that prize...and I can't really put my finger on why, I guess it just seems to have all the right shapes in all the right spots, a magnificent profile. In fact, it is by far my most favourite looking Sci-Fi fighter craft!

What is your favourite Viper?

Mark II for me, Rory. The clean lines and white/red paint scheme are just visually striking. Plus I love the maneuverability and the game miniature is just sooooo well done. Even if the VII has better stats, I'd still fly the II.

Also, I like the idea from the series of the Colonial pilots fighting off the Cylons in outdated fighters. fighters. Kind of like modern pilots fighting in Spitfires. Not practical, but cool.

Of course, I'm also looking forward to the release of the classic 1970s Mk I ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbiter View Post
    Mark II for me, Rory. The clean lines and white/red paint scheme are just visually striking. Plus I love the maneuverability and the game miniature is just sooooo well done. Even if the VII has better stats, I'd still fly the II.

Also, I like the idea from the series of the Colonial pilots fighting off the Cylons in outdated fighters. fighters. Kind of like modern pilots fighting in Spitfires. Not practical, but cool.

Of course, I'm also looking forward to the release of the classic 1970s Mk I ...
    Great stuff Wolfbiter! I'd love to take a Mk II for a belt as well

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbiter View Post
    ...ourse, I'm also looking forward to the release of the classic 1970s Mk I ...
    It's the Mk.II for me as well... possibly because it's clearly an evolution of the Viper from the original series. Always loved that version. Can't wait to see the original Raiders as well...

Similar Missions

1. Viper Mk.VII
    By Angiolillo in forum BSG: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-01-2019, 01:28
  2. What is your favourite MVR model
    By Baxter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-19-2018, 12:42
  3. Favourite Two-seaters
    By Malgre le Tort in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 24