Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Series 1 reprint

Just got back from a visit to ARES website and found that the noted release date of "April 2019" for Series 1 Reprint shows on their calendar as May.
    Additionally, the next WGF release (Series 4) is noted in their press release as available in 2nd Quarter...but does not show up on their "Upcoming Releases" through the end of July????
    Finally, from their description of T&T et al the Nieuport 16's are listed as Navarre in T&T only, with Ball's 16 (with rockets) standing as an individual plane pack.
    Either way, still don't find any news about the balloons!

Bummer! Wait a minute, didn't I say that on the other side of the record?

Forget the balloons, any word on Series 10?

Not likely on a Series 1 reprint thread . . .

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Not likely on a Series 1 reprint thread . . .
    I would hope as likely as T&T, Series 4, and the balloons all getting a mention...which they did...

T&T and Series 1 are listed as May and Series 4 in June per their Sells Sheets sent to retailers.

Thank you for confirming these, Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I would hope as likely as T&T, Series 4, and the balloons all getting a mention...which they did...
    Did they mention balloons? I missed that?

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Mentioned by Forum Members, not Ares...........................

Just pre-ordered a Baumer triplane from Aerodrome Accessories. Looking forward to having a new Dr. I-they are often popular when I bring Wings of Glory to play at family gatherings, so it's good to have one more in a cool new color scheme.

Just slid in a couple orders, one for the coming in "April 2019" and another for stuff coming in "July 2019"

I'm really stoked to see the new stuff! I need another SPAD like I need another hole in the head, but man, that spiderweb scheme was too cool to resist.

The official US release date of the reprint of first serie is June 20th.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Name:  5EA7153E-1751-41BF-B132-E3B436913EA4.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  52.9 KB

Good to know Monse.
    Thanks. At least we are in an approximate time frame for release, and as I'm buying from Keith, I can now calculate a date around which they should touch down in Blighty.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruce
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by monse View Post
    The official US release date of the reprint of first serie is June 20th.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Name:  5EA7153E-1751-41BF-B132-E3B436913EA4.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  52.9 KB
    Either Ares imported Series One ahead of their delivery of T&T, or it was imported with T&T, in which case, it won’t make it to Ares, much less the shelves, until the 29th. Which they may well have done - especially if it wasn’t all going to fit into one container. In any case, i’ve pretty much decided that I’m going to save my money for the series 5 release, and pick up the series 1 when finances and opportunity permits. I want six of them, but since I already have at least four of each Camel, Triplane, XIII and DV.A, they are not a priority for me.

What we really need is them on the shelves in game stores with rule sets and mats so we can get the game re-booted. Most of us have boxes of minis in our homes but that does not feed the interest and growth of the game and its eventual expansions we have been longing for. I hope they have more in the pipeline than a few planes . . . . our local game store (Imperial Outpost - the best game store I have ever been too for the past 10 years!) has a WWI and WWII rule set and a WWII Battle of Britain starter and that is ALL . . . not much incentive . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Either Ares imported Series One ahead of their delivery of T&T, or it was imported with T&T, in which case, it won’t make it to Ares, much less the shelves, until the 29th. Which they may well have done - especially if it wasn’t all going to fit into one container.
    On the retail side, Ares has been communicating that the Series 1 reprints and the T&T stuff are separate releases with different dates.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruce
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    On the retail side, Ares has been communicating that the Series 1 reprints and the T&T stuff are separate releases with different dates.
    I would not presume to say otherwise - but if they arrived on the same boat together, any separation between them arriving on shelves is artificial (not to say I disapprove of getting my copy of T&T before the stores have them available). But more of what I was getting at is to make the published date of the 20th, it needed to arrive earlier on a separate container. Ultimately, it is neither here nor there to me, since I probably won’t be buying Series 1 reprints until Labor Day (accumulated Strategicon “Dealer Dollars”), I’d just like to see it sooner for everyone else.

I do not believe they are arriving on the same boat. Ares has releases for other games just about every month, so they have plenty of shipments coming in. I can confirm that Series 1 planes have in fact landed at the Ares warehouse. The 20th street date gives them time to process the new products into inventory and then get retail orders sorted and shipped.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruce
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I do not believe they are arriving on the same boat. Ares has releases for other games just about every month, so they have plenty of shipments coming in. I can confirm that Series 1 planes have in fact landed at the Ares warehouse. The 20th street date gives them time to process the new products into inventory and then get retail orders sorted and shipped.
    There was much rejoicing!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 4 Reprint on the Way...?
    By Dan-Sam in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-08-2018, 19:07
  2. Series 3 Reprint
    By bgeipel in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-14-2016, 04:33
  3. Series 3 Reprint