Ares Games
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Series 1 reprint

Just got back from a visit to ARES website and found that the noted release date of "April 2019" for Series 1 Reprint shows on their calendar as May.
    Additionally, the next WGF release (Series 4) is noted in their press release as available in 2nd Quarter...but does not show up on their "Upcoming Releases" through the end of July????
    Finally, from their description of T&T et al the Nieuport 16's are listed as Navarre in T&T only, with Ball's 16 (with rockets) standing as an individual plane pack.
    Either way, still don't find any news about the balloons!

Bummer! Wait a minute, didn't I say that on the other side of the record?

Forget the balloons, any word on Series 10?

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Not likely on a Series 1 reprint thread . . .
    I would hope as likely as T&T, Series 4, and the balloons all getting a mention...which they did...

T&T and Series 1 are listed as May and Series 4 in June per their Sells Sheets sent to retailers.

Thank you for confirming these, Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I would hope as likely as T&T, Series 4, and the balloons all getting a mention...which they did...
    Did they mention balloons? I missed that?

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Mentioned by Forum Members, not Ares...........................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Just pre-ordered a Baumer triplane from Aerodrome Accessories. Looking forward to having a new Dr. I-they are often popular when I bring Wings of Glory to play at family gatherings, so it's good to have one more in a cool new color scheme.

Just slid in a couple orders, one for the coming in "April 2019" and another for stuff coming in "July 2019"

I'm really stoked to see the new stuff! I need another SPAD like I need another hole in the head, but man, that spiderweb scheme was too cool to resist.

The official US release date of the reprint of first serie is June 20th.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Name:  5EA7153E-1751-41BF-B132-E3B436913EA4.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  52.9 KB

Thank you for this news, Monse.

Good to know Monse.
    Thanks. At least we are in an approximate time frame for release, and as I'm buying from Keith, I can now calculate a date around which they should touch down in Blighty.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by monse View Post
    The official US release date of the reprint of first serie is June 20th.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Name:  5EA7153E-1751-41BF-B132-E3B436913EA4.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  52.9 KB
    Either Ares imported Series One ahead of their delivery of T&T, or it was imported with T&T, in which case, it won’t make it to Ares, much less the shelves, until the 29th. Which they may well have done - especially if it wasn’t all going to fit into one container. In any case, i’ve pretty much decided that I’m going to save my money for the series 5 release, and pick up the series 1 when finances and opportunity permits. I want six of them, but since I already have at least four of each Camel, Triplane, XIII and DV.A, they are not a priority for me.

What we really need is them on the shelves in game stores with rule sets and mats so we can get the game re-booted. Most of us have boxes of minis in our homes but that does not feed the interest and growth of the game and its eventual expansions we have been longing for. I hope they have more in the pipeline than a few planes . . . . our local game store (Imperial Outpost - the best game store I have ever been too for the past 10 years!) has a WWI and WWII rule set and a WWII Battle of Britain starter and that is ALL . . . not much incentive . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Either Ares imported Series One ahead of their delivery of T&T, or it was imported with T&T, in which case, it won’t make it to Ares, much less the shelves, until the 29th. Which they may well have done - especially if it wasn’t all going to fit into one container.
    On the retail side, Ares has been communicating that the Series 1 reprints and the T&T stuff are separate releases with different dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    On the retail side, Ares has been communicating that the Series 1 reprints and the T&T stuff are separate releases with different dates.
    I would not presume to say otherwise - but if they arrived on the same boat together, any separation between them arriving on shelves is artificial (not to say I disapprove of getting my copy of T&T before the stores have them available). But more of what I was getting at is to make the published date of the 20th, it needed to arrive earlier on a separate container. Ultimately, it is neither here nor there to me, since I probably won’t be buying Series 1 reprints until Labor Day (accumulated Strategicon “Dealer Dollars”), I’d just like to see it sooner for everyone else.

I do not believe they are arriving on the same boat. Ares has releases for other games just about every month, so they have plenty of shipments coming in. I can confirm that Series 1 planes have in fact landed at the Ares warehouse. The 20th street date gives them time to process the new products into inventory and then get retail orders sorted and shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I do not believe they are arriving on the same boat. Ares has releases for other games just about every month, so they have plenty of shipments coming in. I can confirm that Series 1 planes have in fact landed at the Ares warehouse. The 20th street date gives them time to process the new products into inventory and then get retail orders sorted and shipped.
    There was much rejoicing!

Sorry if I don't follow the news closely enough although I check this site everyday, but where are the Series 1 planes? I keep seeing June 20th as the release date, and I know there was a (small?) delay, but it's well into July and still no one has these? At least in NA?

Same for the Tripods KS. Anyone have that yet? I never have been one to worry about the getting product sooner or ASAP, but I think I've seen shipping or port data that suggested these things were "in". Any idea what is going on now?

(I've got several outstanding pre-orders with very stale dates now and I see nothing.)

I received my preordered Series 1 reprints from Keith (owner of this forum and the Aerodrome Accessories website) last week.

Still waiting on the Tripods & Triplanes Kickstarter to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    I received my preordered Series 1 reprints from Keith (owner of this forum and the Aerodrome Accessories website) last week.

Still waiting on the Tripods & Triplanes Kickstarter to arrive.
    Same here. I got the Series 1 planes not included in the T&T Kickstarter. T&T should be arriving soon.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. At least I hear of some action going on!

Seen on facebook several Australian backers who also received Tripods & Triplanes. As far as I know shipping to Australian and Asian backers has been completed and the game then went into shops. In USA and Europe the process is in progress, ships arriving later there.

Thanks Andrea.
    Rob.

Thank you for the update. Always good to hear.

Is the European shipment of the series 1 reprint stuck in Customs at La Spezzia with the Tripods and Triplanes shipment?

Can't all be David, Entoyment had MvR's new tripe in a couple of weeks ago along with Ball's Nieuport - not sure if it's on their web-page but if you ring them they'll tell you what they have.. left

"He is wise who watches"

S'right!

Bought a new version MvR and a couple of Balls from "Entoyment" last weekend (had to get 2 Balls - it would be wrong to have just one!)
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

had to get 2 Balls - it would be wrong to have just one!

(had to get 2 Balls - it would be wrong to have just one!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post

apparently, even hitler thought so

That would be most singular gentlemen.
    Kyte.

Where did that song originate anyway? What movie

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Not in a movie, unless you count Bridge On the River Kwai which had a whistling version.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say.

An old Para shared the words with me years ago.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    S'right!

Bought a new version MvR and a couple of Balls from "Entoyment" last weekend (had to get 2 Balls - it would be wrong to have just one!)
    Hitler had only one Ball & look what happened to him!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dan
    Sorties Flown

So anyone know what is happening with the series 1 re-reprint? Gameslore are selling Ball's Nieuport 16 and are showing preorders for series 4 but strangely not the series 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Well, if Armstrong & Miller are to be believed...

"He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeff
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by strontiumdog View Post
    So anyone know what is happening with the series 1 re-reprint? Gameslore are selling Ball's Nieuport 16 and are showing preorders for series 4 but strangely not the series 1.
    I got four Series 1 reprint planes, one from my FLGS and three from a F-not so-LGS via mail.

That said, I preordered all four from my FLGS, and they got only one of them, so there do seem to be some issues. (And isn't the next re-issue set supposed to be out more or less now?)

Oh, and I also received my Tripods and Triplanes yesterday, which is quite possibly the best Kickstarter value I've ever gotten. (Sure, it was a year-and-a-half wait, but ... ) Six planes, five amazing tripods, all the attendant rules, tokens, and terrain, plus several extras. I'll be playing quite a bit next week, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Have we got a Series 1 reprint supply problem in the U.K.? You have mentioned the Albert Ball Nieuport and the MvR Fokker but what about all the others? Where are they?

I am a bit miffed that AB is out when I ordered one for myself and Baz on the Tripods Kickstarter and we are still waiting. It would have paid off to get them here, and one would be well on route to Baz by now. As it is it looks as if he will be the last man in Australia to get his!
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    What we really need is them on the shelves in game stores with rule sets and mats so we can get the game re-booted. Most of us have boxes of minis in our homes but that does not feed the interest and growth of the game and its eventual expansions we have been longing for. I hope they have more in the pipeline than a few planes . . . . our local game store (Imperial Outpost - the best game store I have ever been too for the past 10 years!) has a WWI and WWII rule set and a WWII Battle of Britain starter and that is ALL . . . not much incentive . . .

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I'm not sure about the UK supply, but I've not had any trouble getting them for the AA store. That said, I do need to restock a couple of them as I've sold out.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I am a bit miffed that AB is out when I ordered one for myself and Baz on the Tripods Kickstarter and we are still waiting. It would have paid off to get them here, and one would be well on route to Baz by now. As it is it looks as if he will be the last man in Australia to get his!
    Rob.
    I am a very patient man Rob & am extremely grateful you ordered one extra for me.

I know some of the planes were delayed (Weber, Fonk) and the date was for end of July. Any update on that?

The update from Ares this week was that the container with the two missing Series 1 planes, Series 4 and some of the T&T products is due to arrive at the warehouse on July 30th.

Good news indeed sir. Thank you.
    Rob.

Excellent, thanks for the update.

Is that the U.S. warehouse, Keith?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 4 Reprint on the Way...?
    By Dan-Sam in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-08-2018, 19:07
  2. Series 3 Reprint
    By bgeipel in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-14-2016, 04:33