Ares Games

Thread: Third party accessories for BSG

Default Third party accessories for BSG

With this game being so new, I'd like to ask the community what type of third party accessories you might like to see made for the game?

For those of you new to the site and coming here for the newly created BSG-SB, welcome to the site. I run this site along with the Sails of Glory Anchorage and Aerodrome Accessories web sites. My Aerodrome Accessories site is an online business where I not only sale the games and components, I also have a laser engraver/cut that I use to make accessories for the games I enjoy playing.

I made these replacement combat rulers for BSG-SB at the request of some of our long time members that are now playing BSG-SB.

So if you have any idea for products that would make your games more enjoyable, post them up here.

Those range rulers look nice.
    As far as tokens or acrylic things, there isn’t much needed for BSG SB (not as much as X-Wing at least).
    I guess there is the:
    Fired Marker and Blank Counter Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59101E63-BE04-4685-AD33-EFE5DDDB4ECC.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	220.2 KB 
ID:	261104
    Drift RulersClick image for larger version. 

Name:	D3E7BFE2-D9C9-4F70-9082-87E2C41A1107.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	261105
    Placement Marker and FTL Marker Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1085475E-3550-4E3F-AF23-C88F3D521F46.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	261106
    Difficult Maneuver Marker Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56AB3895-D2A2-4699-8818-6A9524A09184.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	177.5 KB 
ID:	261107

I added the ruler for size comparison (if that helps).

Lol my photos ended upside down.
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeSparrow View Post
    Lol my photos ended upside down.
    Sorry.
    No worries, I have the components to measure off of. I had already thought about the drift rulers, but the markers would be nice to have as well.

Is there a link to your acrylics?

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeSparrow View Post
    Is there a link to your acrylics?
    At the top of the page, in the blue menu bar in yellow lettering. Just below the yellow airplane.

Drift rulers get my vote.

Currently I'm working on scratch building asteroids and anti ship missiles .

Joe Boss

Okay, you lads and lasses asked for the drift rulers, so here they are...

I also changed the way I'm packaging the combat rulers now that the drift rulers are out. Going forward I'll be selling these as a set of 1 combat ruler and 1 matching drift ruler. This make production much simpler and keeps the costs down for the products. It will also all me to offer more color options as time goes by.

You can order them from the AA store now.

Dam! You had me at the rulers. Take my money please.

Ooooh! Very nice, Herr Oberst!

I'll be ordering some of those soon.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

A great looking set of range and drift rulers, very sharp looking!!!

Glad you guys and gals like them. The drift rulers were a little tough to get the angles right.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Glad you guys and gals like them. The drift rulers were a little tough to get the angles right.
    The effort shows in the result, they look very sharp and clean with just the right amount of patterning on them to please the eyes...and they look like they hug to the base better than the cardboard ones that come with the game itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    The effort shows in the result, they look very sharp and clean with just the right amount of patterning on them to please the eyes...and they look like they hug to the base better than the cardboard ones that come with the game itself!
    The red drift ruler fits tighter to the base than the gray as I made a couple tweaks to it after running the fist batch of gray. But the gray still fit nicely as well. My rulers are twice as thick as the cardboard ones, so that along makes it easier to align them with the base.

Hangar decks similar to the hanger trays.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartrain View Post
    Hangar decks similar to the hanger trays.
    Hey Paul,

I'll work up some designs to have made up the next time I do a production run of the Hangar Trays. I'm not sure when that will be as I still have a decent amount of those in stock.

I’ve been using x-wing weapons disabled acrylics for the firing indicator. I think a little crit indicator for each type of crit damage might be useful, but I’m not sure how I’d design it.

What’s the ship time for the aerodrome store?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorAlanYoung View Post
    I’ve been using x-wing weapons disabled acrylics for the firing indicator. I think a little crit indicator for each type of crit damage might be useful, but I’m not sure how I’d design it.

What’s the ship time for the aerodrome store?
    I've not played BSG yet, are the crit damages listed in the rule book and do they have icons for them?

I try and get orders shipped out in one to two days, but some products take longer for me to get ready (like the hangar trays).

I've not played BSG yet, are the crit damages listed in the rule book and do they have icons for them?
    Pg 19 in the rule book has the critical hit explanations and icons. If you don't have one handy the ARES web site had a rule book download.

Thanks Peter.

Would something like my WGS Speed Tokens (except round) with these icons on them work for you guys? Since the type of damage is sometimes kept secret, I assume having one side blank and one side with the icon would work?

Any chance of the rulers coming back in stock?

Thanks Peter.

Would something like my WGS Speed Tokens (except round) with these icons on them work for you guys? Since the type of damage is sometimes kept secret, I assume having one side blank and one side with the icon would work?
    Oops, sorry I missed this. Yes, a multiple set of special damage icon markers (with a blank back) would be handy to have. A couple of blanks would be nice too so no one knows if what you as a game master gives out is real.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageGM View Post
    Any chance of the rulers coming back in stock?
    Yes, I will be restocking them. I'm just waiting on more material to come in so I can cut them.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Oops, sorry I missed this. Yes, a multiple set of special damage icon markers (with a blank back) would be handy to have. A couple of blanks would be nice too so no one knows if what you as a game master gives out is real.
    No worries, and thanks. I'll have a go at making something in the few weeks.

When the missile rules are published there may be opportunities for some more markers.

Users Country Flag

Name
    christian
    Sorties Flown

Hello
    My 3D print
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191209_190731.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	279043

Name:	20191209_190817.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	279044

Name:	20191209_191944.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	279045

Found at
    https://www.yeggi.com/q/battlestar+g...rship+battles/

Christian

Similar Missions

1. Aerodrome Accessories Aerodrome Accessories offers official accessories for Wings of Glory.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 13:32
  2. A Hobbit Party
    By jbmacek in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 08:12
  3. 250 Rep Party !
    By flash in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 02:53
  4. 4TH OF JULY PARTY.