Ares Games

Thread: New planes

Default New planes

Hello

Any news about future plans releases. Desperately want to see Camels, Se5a, DH2 and EIII back. Also Pups? Rather had Pups than Snipes.

Thanks

Jason

Camels will be coming out sometime in the next several months as part of the T&T releases. The SE5a is supposed to be in the next reprinted Series, but there has been no word on when that will be.

Camels are allegedly in March, along with Fokker Triplanes, Spad XIII, and Albatros D.Va, but Ares has been rather vague on the whole committing to a date, so who knows. The SE5a is “second quarter” 2019, but again, kinda vague on whether the T&T delays have affected that release. The Pup has been discussed as part of the next new wave (as opposed to reprint), but remains unknown to the best of my knowledge. E.III and DH.2 are somewhere in the reprint future, but I suspect not 2019.

According to Ares Distributors Newsletter for January, here are the releases for the first quarter of the year at we care about:

Feb
    T&T starter set

March
    BSG Spaceship packs
    BSG Control panel packs
    T&T MK.I Locust Tripod Pac (possibly the MK.II Scarab as well, but it is not really clear on this one).

So, there is no mention of the Series one planes as of yet for March.

JCalvert

Are the planes included with the tripods and triplanes set going to be released separately?

Is there going to be a full set of 12 Series 1 models in March or just the four models announced with the Kickstarter for Tripods & Triplanes?

What about some new planes?

Quote Originally Posted by JCalvert View Post
    Are the planes included with the tripods and triplanes set going to be released separately?
    So far they have only sent out release notices on the T&T starter set and one (maybe two) of the tripods. No word yet on when the planes are coming out. They did day back in December of 2017 that the KS stuff will all come out together, but the retail versions may be releases over several months. One thing to note is that initially Navarre's Ni 16 is only going to be in the Starter set. It might be released separately later on, but it is not set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Is there going to be a full set of 12 Series 1 models in March or just the four models announced with the Kickstarter for Tripods & Triplanes?
    I've not seen or herd anything about any planes beyond the ones in the KS. However, it would only make sense to produce a full set of 12 since they are doing a production run with the molds.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    What about some new planes?
    There typical release cycle is to alternate between a reprint and a new release. The Series 3 reprint was the last set to come out, so it should be new planes next... however the T&T release pushed a reprint (at least partial) of Series 1. I've actually not heard what the next new release will contain. I personally think they are starting to run out of commercially viable WWI aircraft to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I personally think they are starting to run out of commercially viable WWI aircraft to release.
    I think you may be right but there has to be a good market for reprints, certainly 2 early and 2 late wars planes Airco DH2, Fokker E111, Fokker DVll and RAF SE5a must have a market, the only new planes I personally would like are a Pup a BE2c and an FE2b, and I would have thought the Pup is commercial but what new plane to pair it with?

There is a market for most of the reprints and I also agree with the three new planes you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    ... the only new planes I personally would like are a Pup a BE2c and an FE2b...
    I gave up waiting for Ares and got the BE.2c and FE.2b from Shapeways, and two pups from a forum member. Not saying I wouldn't want more, though ...

SE.5as are sorely needed, although I am lucky to have 5 of the Nexus ones. Been holding off repainting, waiting to see what Ares puts out.

Fe2b, Be2c, Fe8, Vickers Gunbus (was that the Fe2b?), Pup, Sopwith Scout, DFW (the German 2 seater) those are the ones I want to see and should sell.

Then I'd like them to do famous Scout/fighter Squadron Sets. Maybe 6 planes from a squadron. I'd LOVE that as it adds a realistic element to the game

Anyway thanks all for the info!

Where can I find info on T&T.

I hope we get to review it at AWNT

Quote Originally Posted by Wodin View Post
    Fe2b, Be2c, Fe8, Vickers Gunbus (was that the Fe2b?), Pup, Sopwith Scout, DFW (the German 2 seater) those are the ones I want to see and should sell.

Then I'd like them to do famous Scout/fighter Squadron Sets. Maybe 6 planes from a squadron. I'd LOVE that as it adds a realistic element to the game

Anyway thanks all for the info!
    Hi Jason! The Vickers Gunbus was a FB-5.
    Shapeways make a nice model.
    Here is my camo one. There was actually only one camo one as all the others were Clear Doped Linen.

Name:  <acronym title=WSF Gunbus Side.JPG Views: 507 Size: 102.0 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />

Name:  <acronym title=WSF Gunbus Top.JPG Views: 458 Size: 227.6 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />

Name:  WW1 Vickers  Gunbus camo.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  128.9 KB

Great work! Thanks for intel. Forgot!!

Want Gunbus to recreate some fights from Derek Robinson's amazing book series!

Okay, I got some new Intel from Ares. Here are the Series 1 reprints that are due out sometime around the T&T releases:

SPAD XIII
    Rickenbaker
    Fonck
    Chavannes

Sopwith Camels
    Barker
    Kissenberth
    Macklaren

Albatros D.V
    Udet
    Weber
    MvR

Fokker DR.I
    MvR (modified to historical coloring)
    Kempf
    Baumer

With Navarre's Ni 16 coming in the starter set, that also means that they are using the mold from the Balloon Buster set (only the planes) and that is where we also see Albert Ball's Ni 16 (with rockets).

Series 4 reprint is the next in line due out in May or sometime shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Wodin View Post
    Where can I find info on T&T...
    http://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-wi...es-starter-set

"He is wise who watches"

Gun bus...Hmmm..got one around here somewheres...oh yeh..

Name:  Vick FB5 Gunbus.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  115.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post

Series 4 reprint is the next in line due out in May or sometime shortly after.
    That is almost too good to hear.

Thank you for the information about the Series 1 reprints, Keith.

And sadly, nothing about WGS series 7
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Haha, I think I'm the only one in the opposite boat. I have a self imposed limit of how many planes I want due to storage. It isn't a bad thing since I haven't played all of the planes I have now. Really the only planes I'm missing are the Series 4 planes. The ones from T&T will be used for a backup supply/replacements. Great game I just don't get it to the table often enough.

Love that Gunbus Shadowcat!

Thanks for the info everyone!

Spoke to Ares I will be reviewing T&T over at A Wargamers Needful Things!

I want Weber and Udet Dv5a! Also couple of those Camels not the German one though.

Not sure what set I will get to review so prob get nice planes in that.

When review published will link you to it! End of Feb they said.

Gully raker love your Gunbus planes too! Great work!

I was cheeky and asked to review The Second Invasion/Wave T&T set as that seems to give the fullest experience of the game.

Fingers crossed. Though happy with anything.

Side note we also plan to review Battlestar Galactica and Sword & Sorcery.

Similar Missions

1. Can WW1 planes and WW2 planes be used in the same game?
    By gaiusross in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-28-2017, 13:27
  2. WGF WOW Planes for sale. And a pair of promo planes.
    By Madboyo in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 06:40
  3. German planes vs Americans planes, played by Americans living in Germany
    By Air Battle Mgr in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-23-2013, 14:56
  4. Da Planes!!!!!! Boss!!!! Da Planes!!!!!
    By The Cowman in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 18:59
  5. WW1 Bi-Planes & Tri-Planes Airshow
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 05:18