Ares Games

Thread: Esa's Big American Adventure.

Default Esa's Big American Adventure.

Regrettable Esa and his family has to head back to Australia. He had a great week with us and the Wright Flight enjoyed him visiting us. Everyone saw the pictures of the big game day we had last Saturday.

The second and fourth Wednesday of every month we have our paint night at Epic Loot. We attempt to get together for a couple of hours to paint and work on any projects we have. We usually end up kibitzing and heading out afterward for a sandwich and the proper beverage. Esa was able to show up for that. He put us to shame as he actually worked on getting together a couple of KV I tanks. It was great fun.

I felt bad that due to the snow we got Saturday we had to cancel the game we had planned. This meant that Esa and his family went sledding with family they have here. I understand there is not a lot of snow in Queensland so it was a treat for them.

Tonight I met up with Esa and his Mom as I had some Wings of Glory planes he was interested in. Since we had infected Esa with the WWI bug I could let him leave without a set of rules. Luckily I had acquired an extra set in a trade for some planes. The rules are his now, I also scared up a laser line projector as he was keen on the one we used in the game last Saturday. I told him it was for his dad who like playing tank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4621.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	260815

Sorry about the sideways picture. I think it came out that way because he is in the wrong hemisphere. That or it has something to do with people driving on the wrong side of the road.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Congratulations on giving Esa a good time and recruiting him as a new player for Wings of Glory W.W.1, Jim.

Well done Jim - the host with the most, as I already know !

"He is wise who watches"

I enjoyed meeting up very much, if anyone is ever up in Dayton ohio be sure to visit jim (Rodie80) on the second Saturday at 11:00 and meet a lot of great and wonderful people and have a couple of rounds of wings of glory WW1/WW2

also thank you jim for hosting me at epicloot your generosity went a long way with me and I cant wait till im in the states again

Thumbs up

Great work Jim!
    Rep deservedly inbound.

Congrats to you both on having the gumption to organise a catch up!
    It's also one of the reasons I love communities like this - similar interests held & with people who care.

Similar Missions

1. WGFB: High Adventure
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2017, 02:04
  2. General Serial Adventure Stories
    By degodave in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-10-2015, 14:29
  3. The Balloon Job---- A Captain Triggers adventure.
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 16:18
  4. Updated!---A Bad Day for the RAF-----A Major Triggers adventure.
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2013, 06:37
  5. And so, the Adventure Begins
    By Strangely Brown in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 01:51