Ares Games

Thread: Moving the Flag - Flash Stands Down

Default Moving the Flag - Flash Stands Down

If all goes to plan I will be moving house in the next few weeks, leaving my homeland of East Sussex in the south east and moving westward into Dorset to be nearer family...and coincidentally Entoyment at Poole, Beachhead, Bovington Tank Museum....every cloud and all that !

To that end, with some sadness, I feel I must stand down as Squadron Leader for the south east as I will no longer be resident and let someone else have a go.

That someone was not hard to identify and my recommendation has been accepted by Wingco but I will let Rob tell you all about that in the promotions thread, though I will say the chap thoroughly deserves it and I hope you'll support him as you have me at various events in the coming years.

I don't know where old squadron leaders go to regroup but I will, of course, continue attending & supporting events as I have always done from my new base of operations once I get settled in... and the whip stops cracking !

It only remains for me to say a big thankyou to all the chaps that supported me at various events, you know who you are, my wingman Ajay in particular - See you all at Beachhead chaps

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Wishing you a speedy move and all the best. You will be missed as squadron leader south east mate. Glad I got to fly with you that year at Salute. Perhaps Ill get to Beachhead or that way sometime in the future.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Best of luck with the move, Dave! I hope the transition to your new digs is smooth and as painless as possible.

Hope your move goes smoothly.
    Ex-squadron leaders get cashiered or promoted to staff; your choice
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Good luck with the move, Dave.
    Hope your new quarters will have plenty of gaming space.

All the best with the move Dave. Thanks for Squadron Leadering so well.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

All the best with the move Dave, those Dorset lads had better watch out.

I hope that the move goes smoothly and you enjoy living in Dorset, Dave, and thank you for all that you have done as Southeast Squadron Leader.

I will convey my private thanks to you here Dave before we go all formal.
    When I was attempting to make a go of the UK Wing you were one of the foremost to offer your services to make a good show of it. Over the years your support has never flagged and you have been the backbone of Southern Command. I could not have wished for a more loyal and stalwart Squadron Leader, who was always ready with advice and ideas. You will be missed. Your boots will be difficult to fill but i feel that between us we have hit on the right man for the job.
    Once again thank you for your hard and unstinting work, which I am sure will still be reflected in your Alta ego Uncle, as he deals with the recalcitrant pilots of the Bulldogs and the Eagles.
    Have a well earned rest and make the most of the wonderful Dorset countryside and coast.
    Here is to yourself and Mrs Flash.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Good luck with the big move. I hope to be in Dorset sunner of 2020.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Thanks Rob, that's very kind of you sah !
    I'll still chip in when & where I can

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie80 View Post
    Good luck with the big move. I hope to be in Dorset sunner of 2020.
    Hope we have the bedroom finished by then Jim.. !

Congratulations on a job well done Sqn Leader (Retired) I do not imagine for one minute that your talents will be allowed to go to waste once you hit the shores of Dorset. May the move go smoothly and may you settle in very quickly and be very happy, near Entoyment, Beachhead, Bovington Tank Museum, not to mention Reading and Devizes that are not so very far off, plus a quick trip west to Legionary, und so weiter, und so weiter
    In short, Good Luck

Hope you survive the upheaval Dave. You are moving to a gorgeous part of the country. Good luck sir

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Thanks Chris, nearly out of the maze. See you tomorrow at Hendon.

It was great to finally meet you after several years of e-mails and PMs, and you lovely wife as well. It was a good day and I was fortunate to avoid all the police benefit contribution boxes on both journeys....

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    It was great to finally meet you after several years of e-mails and PMs, and you lovely wife as well. It was a good day and I was fortunate to avoid all the police benefit contribution boxes on both journeys....
    It was great to meet you at last too Chris - the missus enjoyed her birthday treat !

Smile

Good Luck with the move Dave.
    Don't forget to PM me your new address once you have settled in!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Late to the party as usual, Dave - congratulations on a sterling tenure and best wishes as you move on to bigger and better things Thanks so much for coming to spend time with Graeme and me at Hendon - it was a blast, and it was wonderful to meet your Better Half

Always the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Good Luck with the move Dave.
    Don't forget to PM me your new address once you have settled in!
    Ditto that for me Dave.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks chaps - things progress slowly but they still progress !

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    ...................but they still progress !
    Good news!
    Hope it all goes smoothly.

I will be in touch soon about a jolly at "Entoyment" Pete is keen on arranging...........................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. New Products: Decal sheets, ACE flight stands, and Custom Flight Stands
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 07:51
  2. The Day of the Flag and the Constitution
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 12:57
  3. WGF All the bomber types still available at Cotton Jim's Flag
    By WWIflyingace in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2