Views:	128 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	259938

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	259939

Great paint job on the plane. Mean looking machine.

Happy New Year to all

Smile

Only one Aero item. From my daughter Virginia a book about an Aussie Lancaster Crew in WW2 called "Crew".
    However lots of other goodies: DVD, Boxes of Tea, Condiments, BBQ Smoke flavoring, Whisky Fruit cake etc, etc.
    Lucky Me.

The Better Half and I haven't done the Christmas Present thing in years. We give to the local Salvation Army Hamper Campaign, and we send packages to my sisters, who are on disability pensions. We haven't seen the need to be generous to each other, as we have what we need, mostly.

However, the Aerodrome gave me a trip to Prague, and Ares Games sent me a demo copy of Battlestar Galactica, both before Christmas, so I consider them to be pretty big gifts.

I give out some home baking to family, friends, and fellow volunteers, who sometimes reciprocate. This year, besides goodies, I received a Zvezda 1/200-scale Ju.52 model to add to my WGS collection, though. Nice.

And, for the Prague thing, Keith [Obers Hajj] and Kevin [miscmini] have assisted greatly, so that assistance could be considered gifts, as well.

A pretty Merry Christmas, all in all.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I got BSG and Cruel Seas starter sets, some 15mm Heer46 German tanks, ‘Spitfire’, ‘Hurricane’ and Peter Jackson’s colourised WW1 DVD. Happy bunny
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    I got BSG and Cruel Seas starter sets, some 15mm Heer46 German tanks, ‘Spitfire’, ‘Hurricane’ and Peter Jackson’s colourised WW1 DVD. Happy bunny
    Hmmm... Wrong holiday, Steve?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    (")_(")
    Mike

I got a P-47 Mohrle, and Albatross D.lll and a Fokker E.V.

SWMBO and youngest daughter did right by me:
    A display cabinet for my miniatures collection (with a large enough drawer at the bottom for my military medals collection):

Name:	Christmas 1.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	259962

Then some additional William Britains collectible figures for the cabinet (Winston Churchill in 1898, Two 1831 Grenadier Guards, and a World War I U.S Marine -- BTW the silver P-51 in the background was one of last year's Christmas presents):

Name:	Christmas 2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	259963

Books, books, and more books (always spot on for a bibliophile) -- "Blood and Fears" (Eighth Air Force over Europe), Parkman Prize winning bio of FDR, Battles That Changed History, Osprey Waterloo campaign Ligny, and a signed copy of Madeline Albright's "Facism: A Warning":

Name:	Christmas 3.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	223.6 KB 
ID:	259964

And novels 10, 11, and 12 in the Patrick O'Brien Aubrey-Maturin series:

Name:	Christmas 4.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	259965

Add in the socks and a new driving cap and I had a pretty good day !
    Last edited by NewFlyBoy; 01-02-2019 at 14:21. Reason: I'm all thumbs

My daughter, Maggie, got me a Games of Thrones version of Risk. Should be a great beer and pretzel game.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

It is 41C here at the moment. A bit too hot to go in the pool so time to fiddle with my BSG set.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    It is 41C here at the moment. A bit too hot to go in the pool so time to fiddle with my BSG set.

That, sir, is quite warm. Awfully far from my -0.5C...

You may notice a bit of a theme developing here.

Name:	IMG_7075.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	260378

In addition to this Mrs K bought me a cast iron stand to keep my swords and walking canes in.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Good theme. What's the gin to the far right? I don't recognize the label.

Sharp looking Aerodrome cockpit, too. Need to pick up one of those, myself.

No new this Christmas, though the approved the purchase of Aeronaut's newest limited edition titles: Oswald Boelcke – The Red Baron’s Hero, Zeebrugge – Naval Air Station Flanders I, and Royal Bavarian Jagdstaffel 23 (the book of the year in my opinion).

I'll post a review of the Boelcke title later tonight, to go along with the other two already reviewed: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...918-(Aeronaut) and https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...-23-(Aeronaut)

Did you mean this one on my left Chris?

Name:	IMG_7079.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	260384

The one on the right is just London Gin.

Rob.

Thumbs up

Name:	IMG_7075.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	260378

In addition to this Mrs K bought me a cast iron stand to keep my swords and walking canes in.

Rob.
    Now that's what I call a "Great Haul!"
    Lucky you Rob!

Musing to self ... I wonder whether any of those books are available on kobo?

Did you mean this one on my left Chris?

Name:	IMG_7079.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	260384

The one on the right is just London Gin.

Rob.
    Well... that's embarrassing.

Left... Right... there all the same once one is deep enough in their cups!

Now that's a gin I'm interested in trying!

I received three pullovers, a book of cricket facts and figures, a calendar, a diary, two bottles of shower gel and a scarf. I suppose my presents to myself were the Battlestar Galactica game, a roll of black vinyl as a playing mat and some dvds.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I received three pullovers, a book of cricket facts and figures, a calendar, a diary, two bottles of shower gel and a scarf. I suppose my presents to myself were the Battlestar Galactica game, a roll of black vinyl as a playing mat and some dvds.
    Yes I understand crickets are fascinating insects....

Just saw what folks are posting so here are a few things I got.

Name:	0104191704a.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	260469
    My nephew gave me this but I am not much of a whiskey drinker so that may last a long time.

Name:	0104191704.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	260470
    A friend of my wife's went back to Thailand and she brings me back a bottle of Thai whiskey each time. Was much younger when I drank this in Thailand.

I always forget that phone pics come out sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Well... that's embarrassing.

Left... Right... there all the same once one is deep enough in their cups!

Now that's a gin I'm interested in trying!
    Obviously meant an Officers' Right Chris!
    If you are a good boy I'll tell you a story about that.
    Rob.

Obviously meant an Officers' Right Chris!
    If you are a good boy I'll tell you a story about that.
    Rob.
    I can but endeavor to serve.

It was actually before Christmas but the wife and I got ourselves a dog. She was a rescue brought up to Maine from a kill shelter in South Carolina. Not exactly sure what she is but she is a sweetheart.

Name:	DSC_0018 (2).jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	260471

Name:	DSC_0018s.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	260472

She looks it Pete.
    What on earth did she do wrong to wind up with you!
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    I can but endeavor to serve.

We always make this joke about Officers at the higher level of command.
    Junior Officers leading their platoon are orientated in the same direction and seldom confuse left or right.
    Senior officers facing the Regiment have a different orientation and often get the order back to front.
    i experienced this at the changing of the Guard at Edinburgh Castle a few years ago.
    We watched the ceremony going in and were thus quite aware of what should happen when we happened to see a later change on the way out. As the change over took place at the second sentry box the Officer shouted Left face, quick march, which would have sent the guardsman off in entirely the wrong direction. Without a moment's hesitation he right faced and marched off with his compatriot. No one in the crowd even made a murmur. I'm not sure that I would have noticed if we had not watched the earlier ceremony.

Rob.

Good for you for saving her from a kill shelter -- she looks like there may be some Australian Collie or Border Collie in her along with something else (our dog is a Border Collie and has the same lines). What a beautiful dog and a wonderful thing to do to give her a home and life. May you have years and years of happiness and companionship with her.
    Bill

She looks it Pete.
    What on earth did she do wrong to wind up with you!
    Rob.
    As she was caught as a stray she probably ran away from home, so now she will do time with us. Her sentence is life without parole.

Quote Originally Posted by NewFlyBoy View Post
    Good for you for saving her from a kill shelter -- she looks like there may be some Australian Collie or Border Collie in her along with something else (our dog is a Border Collie and has the same lines). What a beautiful dog and a wonderful thing to do to give her a home and life. May you have years and years of happiness and companionship with her.
    Bill
    One of her papers says Australian Shepherd, another Catahoula, she's definitely a mix. Other than her uneasiness with strangers she is lovely. Hope to start some training next week.

Showed the wife your post Peter and she said good for you. Saved a life and have a new friend. Nice camo pattern for the Maine woods.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Showed the wife your post Peter and she said good for you. Saved a life and have a new friend. Nice camo pattern for the Maine woods.
    Yes, nice camo pattern. May have to do a plane like her!

Nothing ‘air’ related for me, unfortunately. But a trio of Sipsmith sampler gin bottles was very nice, along with a full size bottle of Gordon’s pink gin...
    Dirigible 2 (Alex) got a Z-95 Headhunter for XWing from Dirigible 3 (Anthony).
    I am, however, the rather happy owner of War of the Ring board game....

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Just saw what folks are posting so here are a few things I got.

Name:	0104191704a.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	260469
    My nephew gave me this but I am not much of a whiskey drinker so that may last a long time.

Name:	0104191704.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	260470
    A friend of my wife's went back to Thailand and she brings me back a bottle of Thai whiskey each time. Was much younger when I drank this in Thailand.

I always forget that phone pics come out sideways.
    I just assumed you took the pics from the floor ...

Have you tried Jameson's Caskmates?
    Aged in either stout or IPA barrels.
    The IPA one is on the Wish List - the stout one is really smooth.

42 years with Mrs Clipper this week, 43 Christmases = she REALY KNOWS ME! This Christmas/anniversary loot:

Name:	20190105_221812.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	260566

Zeppelin, China Clipper, Expanse 1,2,3 movies, Tanks, kits and more . . . super lucky me!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Yes, nice camo pattern. May have to do a plane like her!
    Top down photo?

Very good looking furry friend, BTW.
    Mike

Response delayed a bit, 'cause the two Hannovers are the result of gift card gifting. The books were direct gifts:

Name:	2018Stuff.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	260575

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    42 years with Mrs Clipper this week, 43 Christmases = she REALY KNOWS ME! This Christmas/anniversary loot:

Name:	20190105_221812.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	260566

Zeppelin, China Clipper, Expanse 1,2,3 movies, Tanks, kits and more . . . super lucky me!
    I have that paper plane model book. It is a great book, but you can't do the models with tape, they don't look good.

Pete I may have to look at that Casemate. Thanks for the tip. What a haul you guys got. I bet that Tanks Modern was from the son, Autographed maybe.

We got X-wing miniatures & 2.0 conversion kits (which has taken our attention away from WoG), a board game, and DVD mini-series "Piece of Cake" about the BoB pilots in WWII.

Similar Missions

1. National Christmas greetings.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-25-2014, 01:26
  2. Christmas Greetings
    By Doug in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 23:37
  3. National: Christmas Greetings
    By Doug in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 4