Ares Games

Thread: R Deck for N-16 with rockets?

Default R Deck for N-16 with rockets?

Recovery operations continue, I have managed to acquire a Nieuport 16 with rockets from one of the balloon sets. Sadly, it has the base but no "R" maneuver deck. Is there another deck that s close to the R deck I can substitute. My search of the Aerodrome failed to find the answer.

No, there's not anything that doesn't require additions as the R deck has 3 sideslips James.
    The closest you will get is to use a T deck & add a pair of sideslips from another deck - E; G; P; T; Y, or, use an E deck, strip out the wide sideslips & sub in the pair of sideslips from another deck. There are combinations of all the above of course. This link may,or, may not help you.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...o=file&id=2043

Deck R (20) – Slow speed - 2.9cm - (arrow is 40% of the card)
    3 straight
    3 right turn
    3 left turn
    2 stall - steep
    1 Immelmann !
    3 right sideslip
    3 left sideslip
    1 climb
    1 dive

Deck T (18) – Slow speed - 2.9cm - (arrow is 40% of the card)
    3 straight
    3 right turn
    3 left turn
    2 stall - steep
    1 Immelmann !
    2 right sideslip
    2 left sideslip
    1 climb
    1 dive

Deck E (20) – Slow speed - 2.9cm - (arrow is 40% of the card)
    3 straight
    3 right turn
    3 left turn
    2 stall - steep
    1 Immelmann !
    2 right sideslip
    2 left sideslip
    1 broad right sideslip - steep
    1 broad left sideslip - steep
    1 climb
    1 dive

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Try using the WGF Mates cards. There is an R deck card in there. I think it is in the WWI files section under Custom Cards. You do not need a manoevre deck with that as the one R card has all you need on it.
    Last edited by Baxter; 12-30-2018 at 04:50.

If you want to print out your own, PM me your email address and I can send you a scan of the R deck.

Folks,

Thanks for the great response.

ARES has announced on its FB the release of Ball’s Nieuport 16 as an Airplane Pack.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...65315796821106

Nice to see Ball’s and Navarre’s Nieuport 16 added to the list of WGF products.
    No release schedule yet.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-w...4tr6iE7erysgWs

Name:  9D896A5E-9464-4CDB-90E7-70F0E5C01776.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  127.8 KB

That is good news. Nice to see ARES make these available as a separate pack.

Oooh! It will be interesting to see what Ace Skills come out for the Ares Albert Ball plane, now that I've done him for the PragueCon Vimy Ridge scenario.

OldGuy59's Wings of PragueCon 2019 Album - Albert Ball
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by monse View Post
    ARES has announced on its FB the release of Ball’s Nieuport 16 as an Airplane Pack.
    Nice to see Ball’s and Navarre’s Nieuport 16 added to the list of WGF products.
    No release schedule yet.
    Such a tease!

Per Ares site (and monse's snip)

* Jean Navarre's Nieuport 16 model is included in the WW1 Wings of Glory Tripods & Triplanes Starter Set - not available as Airplane Pack.

I'm not sure that's right Stumptonian. According to my reading of the article Monse published above it will be an airplane pack.

Also on the Ares Website the Navarre Nieuport 16 model is listed under the airplane packs section of WGF.

https://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-w...ks/nieuport-16

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    I'm not sure that's right Stumptonian. According to my reading of the article Monse published above it will be an airplane pack.

Also on the Ares Website the Navarre Nieuport 16 model is listed under the airplane packs section of WGF.

https://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-w...ks/nieuport-16
    It's right at the bottom of the article, just above the disclaimer and the pictures.

I did see that but then why list it under airplane packs with a WGF reference? I guess time will tell. If they sense a market for selling it separately it may happen.

I did see that but then why list it under airplane packs with a WGF reference? I guess time will tell. If they sense a market for selling it separately it may happen.
    Yes it seems odd, unless they are planning to release it with the promised balloons later.
    Got mine on the way with the Kickstarter.

I don't have the Kickstarter but then I'm not that bothered about Navarre. Looking forward to getting Ball's Nieuport 16 though.

They also list Kickstarter Only models on their website without those ever being available at retail. The models *were* produced, should they exclude them from their production history? This model (Navarre Nieuport 16), too, appears to be a Kickstarter exclusive, and it is listed as a model they have produced for the game. Where is the contradiction?

I did see that but then why list it under airplane packs with a WGF reference? I guess time will tell...
    Could be as simple as it's a model of a WW1 machine so it gets a WGF SKU number Ian. Will be nice to see them whatever number they get.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Rockets?
    By Popsical in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2017, 01:07
  2. Difference Deck V - Deck W (Yokosuka D4Y1, D4Y3) Susei
    By Sashdash in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2016, 07:53
  3. How many Rockets?
    By gully_raker in forum Polls