Ares Games

Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

Hi, new to this forum. Long time wargamer, ww1, ww2 enthusiast.
    Just played my first game of wings at our local club and am hooked.
    I'm originally from south east, though live in midlands now. Hope to find good advice, hints tips and bargains on here... also hook up with local players would be great. I can cater for games or play opponents at clubs.

jim

Welcome to the 'Drome, Jim!

Hope you find plenty of local players near you.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome to the Aerodrome Jim. Lots of pilots in Old Blighty, hope some are near you.

Welcome and I hope you always enjoy your games as much as we do ours.

Good evening Jim. I can now welcome you formally on behalf of the Squadrons based here in the U.K.
    I'm sure that the Drome will live up to your expectations with nigh on ten years of posts for you to browse at your convenience. meantime if any questions come up do not hesitate to ask. one of your fellow pilots is bound to have an answer.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Jim, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome from a chilly Florida! Be sure to check out the files section.

Hi James and welcome to the 'Drome' from a cockney now living as a Yorkshireman up here near Pontefract.
    I'm sure you will find all the items on your wish list. Fly safe and always watch your six!
    By the way look out for info on our annual long weekend get together in Doncaster later next year. You can find details on this forum

Welcome from t'other side of the pond in Portland, Oregon, Jim.
    Good to see you are hooked already.

Welcome to the 'drome Jim from East Sussex, hope you find what you're looking for here.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Welcome to the Aerodrome, James, from here near Norwich.

Welcome from across the pond!

Bienvenue to the Drome Jim . You will pass many a happy hour in its hangers.
    Paul

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

A warm welcome from Devon & Cornwall Jim. Enjoy

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I'm glad you've found your way 'home' to the Forum, Jim! There are lots of great folks here and tons of lovely information. I hope you find it as enjoyable a place as I have found it to be

All the best from SW Ohio,
    Matt

Thanks guys,
    I’ve just received my first box set of wings of glory.
    Although I do belong to a war games club. I would be keen to find opponents based in the West Midlands.
    P.s. how do I get an avatar for this forum??

Welcome to the madness of the 'Drome James.

Please drop into the mess for a round of drinks with the regulars there......please take care not to trip over the Aspidistra nor anything else to do with the Aspidistra either I might add. As a look forward we are playing the Coldstream Guards Offices Mess at Mess rugger in the next few days as long as the bally Hun doesn't stir things up. And if you do have some different records we could play could you see if you can borrow a gramophone from one of the nearby units, we lent ours to the Hun and they haven't returned it, nor have the Gunners returned the WingCo's She...I mean Office as Major Hedeby still refuses to return the horse he 'borrowed' for a friendly croquet game that turned into a polo match but that's a longer story.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Have no fear Colonel Skafloc, having finally given up all hope of recovering my gramaphone from the Hun now that the Armistice is in full swing and units are being demobilized I bought you a new state of the art portable Phonograph circ 1918 as a Christmas present for you chaps in the Mess so that you can celebrate the 25th in true style.

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  17.4 KB

Happy Christmas Kyte.

PS. Don't lose the Winding handle.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

welcome to the drome from the land of buckeyes (ohio usa) James!!!

A belated welcome to the 'drome, and Happy Holidays from Vancouver Island.

Perhaps we'll see each other in September?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo75 View Post
    Thanks guys,
    I’ve just received my first box set of wings of glory.
    Although I do belong to a war games club. I would be keen to find opponents based in the West Midlands.
    P.s. how do I get an avatar for this forum??
    James, click on 'Settings' top right of screen, then find 'My Settings' in left hand column, under 'My Profile' click on 'Edit Avatar' to get to the Avatar page. If you have paid a subscription you will get a wider selection.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Welcome to the drone from the East Midlands Jim.

Lest we forget

Sorry, drome! It's all that southern kerfuffle, confuses a chap don'-cher-know.

Lest we forget

Similar Missions

1. Hello & Introduction
    By PrivateBuzz in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 05:55
  2. Introduction
    By Brambo in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 03:57