Ares Games

Thread: Checking in

JCalvert

Default Checking in

Hi there. I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Jesse and I'm from Southeast Ohio.

I believe I first became aware of Wings of Glory a few years back when I saw a table set up at the Dawn Patrol Rendezvous at the Air Force Museum in Dayton. Thought it seemed like it might be a good thing to look into at the time, and then promptly forgot about it! But, this past year I saw the Ares booth at Origins in Columbus and decided to go ahead and pick up a couple planes. I've been periodically picking up a couple new ones here and there since.

I've been interested in WWI planes since I was a kid, and used to play games like Red Baron 3D back in the day. I haven't kept up with PC gaming since then though. I'm more of a console gamer now, and they don't make those sorts of games for consoles. But, WoG seems like a good way to get my WWI aerial combat fix, so here I am, nice to meet you!

Where are you in SouthEast Ohio? The Wright Flight meets the second Saturday of every month in Centerville, Ohio (a south suburb of Dayton). We don't start playing until 11:00 so depending where you live you could truck over in the morning and head back after we have lunch. We always love having new players.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Glad you made it here, Jesse. I'm up in Akron, so a bit of a trek, and no gaming hall.
    Columbus has a monthly Sunday game first or second of the month. I'm sure one of the regulars will chime in soon.
    Be sure to browse through all the info here. A stop at the mess for a pint

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

JCalvert

I'm in Cambridge, about an hour or so south of Akron on I-77 actually.

Quote Originally Posted by JCalvert View Post
    I'm in Cambridge, about an hour or so south of Akron on I-77 actually.
    About an hour and a half depending on weather.
    Do you have a regular gaming spot or club?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Welcome to the 'Drome, Jesse! Glad you've decided to join us. Hopefully you'll be able to tap into the great Wings community within shouting distance of you.

That would be 2 1/2 hours to our get together. A bit of a haul but you are very welcome and we have great games.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

JCalvert

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    About an hour and a half depending on weather.
    Do you have a regular gaming spot or club?
    Karl
    Nope! As far as I'm aware, the nearest game store with tables to play on is Stormcastle Games in the Zanesville mall. I believe most people there are into D&D or MtG though.

Hi Jesse
    I'm a bit too far away to invite you to our Game Club but welcome to the 'Drome' where I'm sure you will be able to hook up with others sooner or later.
    Enjoy the game and remember to always watch your six!

Great to see your wheels touch down Jesse. I can now give you a formal welcome to the Drome on behalf of the U.K. Squadrons based here over the pond in Dear old Blighty.
    see you later in the Mess for a jar or two and a chinwag with the chaps.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

(welcoming head bobs) from teh lizard, here on the east coast.

Welcome from another Buckeye in Dayton, Ohio

Welcome to the Aerodrome Jesse. Quite a few active flyers in Ohio so you should be able to connect. Hope you can make it to Origins again next year.

Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JCalvert View Post
    Hi there. I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Jesse and I'm from Southeast Ohio.

I believe I first became aware of Wings of Glory a few years back when I saw a table set up at the Dawn Patrol Rendezvous at the Air Force Museum in Dayton. Thought it seemed like it might be a good thing to look into at the time, and then promptly forgot about it! But, this past year I saw the Ares booth at Origins in Columbus and decided to go ahead and pick up a couple planes. I've been periodically picking up a couple new ones here and there since.

I've been interested in WWI planes since I was a kid, and used to play games like Red Baron 3D back in the day. I haven't kept up with PC gaming since then though. I'm more of a console gamer now, and they don't make those sorts of games for consoles. But, WoG seems like a good way to get my WWI aerial combat fix, so here I am, nice to meet you!

welcome to the drome jesse from a fellow buckeye. if you played in any wings of glory scenarios at origins, we probably flew together. i was the one blowing up all over the place lol.

Welcome, glad you're here!

Thumbs up

G'day Jesse & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.
    We have our own store here on the Aerodrome run by Keith Upton & it is a great source of WoG gear especially for our American Pilots.
    There is a Link to it up on the top of the home pages.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Jesse, from here 'across the Pond' in the United Kingdom.

Welcome to the 'Drome!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad you've made it to the Forum, Jesse! As Jim sadi, we have quite the active group here in SW Ohio in the greater DAyton-Cincinnati corridor...Karl up in Akron is always looking for players in his area, too

I hope you find this as enjoyable a place to spend time as I do!

All the best,
    Matt

Welcome to the Aerodrome from down South in Virginia!

And a warm welcome from the South West of England Jesse - enjoy

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Jesse. ENJOY!!!

Greetings from southwest Ohio!

Similar Missions

1. Illinois: Checking in from ILL
    By VonBlucher in forum US Wing
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 11:03