Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default Yes, still making decals

Yes, I'm still making decals. New releases include:

- A small selection of 1/600 scale decals. Apologies for the that. Several sheets of 1/600.
    - 1/144 SM.79, Fiat G.50, Tupolev SB-2, Mig-3, I-16, Fairey Battle, and Fulmar
    - 1/200 Fw-190 I/JG54, Ju-52 3Mg6e, Ju-88 13./KG 40, F4U VMF-214, P-40E 112 sqn, Spit IX Egypt, RAF SEAC for Spit IX, BP Defiant 255 sqn, and a sheet for Dutch P-36s.

In addition to adding new sheets to the selection I'm converting existing sheets to a new paper size. Two US-based suppliers have stopped making the decal paper* or have gone out of business completely. My new supplier is in Australia. It's great decal paper but the sheets are A4-size which is just different enough from the US's letter-size paper to be a bother.

Kevin
    https://miscmini.com/shop?olsPage=products

* laser, water-slide, clear film on blue backing paper

Wonder on ship decals for 1/300 scale PT boats, German E-boats, and MTB's? Getting into Cruel Seas by Warlords and would like hull numbers for ships (Really want to do a PT 73 for the US side as in Mchales Navy) Figure a sheet covering German E-boats and Brit MTBs split 50/50 and a second for US PT boats , and Jap ships. May require some research to know what is needed though. It is an odd enough scale that you may have an exclusive market.

What that man said.

May be able to help with references, etc if this looks like a runner.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

ill have an order sometime in the not too distant future, after i put some $$$ back towards it. got a couple little projects im working on.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Certainly willing to give it a shot. I've no background or references for the subject though. I'd need some links to pictures and some basic info about color, sizes, numeric sequences, and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Wonder on ship decals for 1/300 scale PT boats, German E-boats, and MTB's? Getting into Cruel Seas by Warlords and would like hull numbers for ships (Really want to do a PT 73 for the US side as in Mchales Navy) Figure a sheet covering German E-boats and Brit MTBs split 50/50 and a second for US PT boats , and Jap ships. May require some research to know what is needed though. It is an odd enough scale that you may have an exclusive market.

I am sure I am not the only one paging through books now...smile

1/300 hull numbers would be tiny, wouldn't they?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default Small decals

Small, maybe. Working on a group of 1/350 scale, 3D printed models at the moment. Picture shows some with decals applied.

Decals and models are a bit small. Awfully fragile minis!

350 bipes.jpg

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default Pennant / Hull Numbers

With a lot of help from Guntruck, I'm able to make pennant numbers available for Royal Navy MTBs, MGBs, and Trawlers. There are some available for Kriegsmarine Schnellboots as well. Thank you Guntruck for all of your research, information, and feedback.

The decals are in the Ships and Boats section of the webstore: https://miscmini.com/shop?olsPage=t%..._by_created_at
    Each sheet is $5. Shipping for orders under $40 is $2.50. That's 1st Class, US Postal Service, domestic and international. Just let the system default to shipping and it should work itself out. Of course if you want a different shipping option, by all means click away.

MTB / MGB numbers can be had in black, white, black with white outline, or white with black outline.
    A4 M6-PH-RN1B Pennant Hull numbers.jpg

The letters A-Z can be had in a "normal", professional looking style as pictured here, or, there's an option for a set that looks to have been hastily applied.
    A4 M6-PH-KM1S Pennant Hull numbers.jpg

Steve, thanks again! Kevin

My pleasure Kevin. Someone on The Miniatures Page just asked if anyone made decals for Cruel Seas, so I’ve given him a steer.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Steve!

Just got into Cruel Seas so looks like I need some decals.

I saw those when on his site the other day. Had an order last week and have one coming this week. Should be here tomorrow and I have the plane I am going to use it for so some photos should be posted Sunday on the January workbench. I can't say how much I like his decals since they are the only ones I use these days.

Similar Missions

1. Making Your Own Decals - On Decal Film
    By freebird-52 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 12:11
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 11:06
  3. Making your own Decals
    By Belis4rius in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 04:17
  4. Making Decals