Ares Games

Thread: B-25H

Default B-25H

I was looking in one of my books, and it shows a picture of a B-25H. And I was wondering what fire power it would have. It has eight 50cal machine guns, and one 75mm cannon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thLD35O1TP.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	259283

Well... the P-47 is armed with 8 .50s, and is BBBB at short and BB at long range... so I'd probably go with that. The 75mm is a little trickier, though I wouldn't allow it to be used against aerial targets. Against ground-based targets? I might use a single D draw.

Definitely not an AtA weapon. Coming up with generic rules would be tricky, but a scenario specific would work.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Now, if only we could get everyone to organize their stuff, so people could find it...

OldGuy59's WGS Equipment Cards Album - North American B-25H 75mm Cannon

Not particularly "official". Yet.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Now, if only we could get everyone to organize their stuff, so people could find it...

OldGuy59's WGS Equipment Cards Album - North American B-25H 75mm Cannon

Not particularly "official". Yet.
    Nice! Not all that far from what I was thinking... though I considered that damage done was due to HE rather than RoF, which is why I figured a single "D" regardless of range.

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Well Helmet does the model, if a bit pricey! Its all metal with decals though so I suppose that explains it.
    http://www.helmet-aircraft-200.co.uk...ectID=14187418

Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit 3 View Post
    Well Helmet does the model, if a bit pricey! Its all metal with decals though so I suppose that explains it.
    http://www.helmet-aircraft-200.co.uk...ectID=14187418
    [Update] Odd, when I went on to the webesite to create the link the price being quoted is Ł75.00. Yet when I went back on to the site connecting to the homepage and look it up the price is Ł18.00. Wonder if the Ł75.00 includes US postage or something?
    Last edited by Rabbit 3; 01-14-2019 at 13:05.

I still get Ł75 and an extra Ł12 for postage to Australia. White metal planes are Ł19. I guess they are unpainted, although an extra Ł56 seems a lot for a paint job.

Thanks for the input!

i did a conversion to one of these. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1925.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	259434 ive only ever flown it once. i gave it the bb/bbbb since the number of forward firing .50s equaled the p-47. for the 75mm i gave it dd/dddd just on the rough basis that its 75mm projectile was roughly analogous to the D gunned ki-61s 4 20mm cannons. not very scientific i know, but its something.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post

ID:	259434 ive only ever flown it once. i gave it the bb/bbbb since the number of forward firing .50s equaled the p-47. for the 75mm i gave it dd/dddd just on the rough basis that its 75mm projectile was roughly analogous to the D gunned ki-61s 4 20mm cannons. not very scientific i know, but its something.
    Great job on the plane! Where did you get the plane?
    I was thinking the same thing about the 75mm cannon.

its one of the green and brown ares b-25s.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post

OldGuy59's WWII US Bombers - B25H Plane Card

OldGuy59's WWII US Bombers - B25H Management Card

OldGuy59's WGS Equipment Cards Album - B25H J2 Nose

Note: Depending on the version, there were 4 cheek-mounted MGS, and the dorsal turret that could be fired in the forward arc. With the J2 Straffer Nose, this plane is a monster.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 12-16-2018 at 17:18.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I think that you will find that the cheaper Helmut-200 models are unassembled white metal kits.

i based mine off an actual aircraft (just with a different colorscheme of eagle head [i wanted red,white,and blue]) thats had 4 .50s in the nose as was standard with the 75mm gun noses, with 2 duel .50 cheek packs for a total of 8 forward firing .50s like the j2 nose, just configured differently. now the j2s with 4 .50s in cheek packs are just scary.

Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I think that you will find that the cheaper Helmut-200 models are unassembled white metal kits.
    Makes sense though the link dosn`t make it clear. Prices of the kit`s generally seem to be ok for what are intended to be display models rather than game pieces.

I'd allow the 75 against bombers, but not fighters. It's hand loaded, and you only got four shots per pass against slow-moving ship targets if you were LUCKY.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    I'd allow the 75 against bombers, but not fighters. It's hand loaded, and you only got four shots per pass against slow-moving ship targets if you were LUCKY.

in the one scenario we had it firing at aircraft just for ****s & giggles but, yeah, its really only for surface targets. they did have an autoloading version, but it was still much to slow for air combat.