Ares Games

Thread: Any Zombicide players?

Default Any Zombicide players?

Just wondering if we have any Zombicide (modern, not BP) players here on the site? If so, how often do you get to play and how many players do you normally have?

We are just starting to play. We'll typically have four players, but once in awhile we'll have more.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

I've only played it twice, but a gamer in our local community hosted a game at InCON 2017. Guess what I did?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zombicide_equipmentCards_SprChang1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	259156
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

My first experience with Zombicide was Black Plague at a friend's game day near Nashville. In that one there were 3 of us playing 2 characters each, we won.
    I purchased my wife a copy of Prison Outbreak with additional minis and played with my wife and sister in law and brother in law. We played one character each and got creamed.
    Three guys tried to play during the Extra-Life game day, they each played one character and made several mistakes early in the game and ended up getting slaughtered. I kind of took over running the game once I saw the problems they were having.
    All in all, I like Black Plague better because in the Prison Outbreak scenario we played we started in the prison and had to get out. Well to get out you have to leave a player behind to operate the lever for the outside door. Once you open the outside door a spawn point opens in the prison and stays open every turn the outside door is open. The person operating the lever cannot get out and is stuck in the prison with a bunch of zombies.

Yes indeed. Fun game played irregularly primarily with my adult children. 3-4 players would be typical.

Wife and I started playing classic Z-cide just after the second Kick Starter. Used to play every weekend in the early days now only a couple of times a month. Have all the boxes and about 75% or better of ALL the figs. Been doing the KS thing on every release for BP so have almost everything for it. Matter of fact still have a spare BP KS sitting in the closet unopened (ordered 3 full KS, play one, sold the promo figs out of #2 and am still sitting on #3) Soon as I get some open time on the paint table likely to paint the two box sets from #2 and fleabay em.

Classic was OK, BP was more of our flavor with the background and the rules work better. Classic the party bunches up and mows down everything around them. In BP the party has to split up to cover spawn zones in case the odd Necro wanders in. Got the Sci Fi version in the works on KS and expect it to arrive first half next year but think they dropped the ball abandoning the Fantasy thread for Sci Fi after only 2 KS. Not really sure I will continue if they go that route as I preferred the Fantasy version....and for the record we have a 95% or better win rate.

Attachment 259162Attachment 259163Attachment 259164

We play the classic version quite regularly at our club. I have all the classic boxes and a lot of the KS and promotional figures. Tried BP but didn’t enjoy it as much, and have got the ‘Zombies in Space’ KS coming next year.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

ive played it a couple times (awhile ago), didnt much care for it. zombies just arent my thing.

Play Zombies not played Zombicide.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Only played 'Zombicide' once, and have also got 'Project Z', 'The Walking Dead' and at least a couple of other Zombie games, plus all the "Zombies!" box sets and expansions.

Don't get to play them, though...........
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

It sounds like quite a few of you get to play more often than I do. I mange to play a couple times a year. I've got both the classic and the BP. I got into the KS for Prison Outbreak and have all the exclusives from that point on. I've not opened BP, but my buddy had it and we alternate between the two themes. Not sure which one I like better. I passed on the Sci-Fi version this last time around. I'm not the biggest Sci-Fi guy and I barley get to play what I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Wife and I started playing classic Z-cide just after the second Kick Starter. Used to play every weekend in the early days now only a couple of times a month. Have all the boxes and about 75% or better of ALL the figs. Been doing the KS thing on every release for BP so have almost everything for it. Matter of fact still have a spare BP KS sitting in the closet unopened (ordered 3 full KS, play one, sold the promo figs out of #2 and am still sitting on #3) Soon as I get some open time on the paint table likely to paint the two box sets from #2 and fleabay em.
    Nice looking zombies you have there. I have about 20 of mine painted up, but I've not touched them in over a year. It looks like you have cut the bases off of the BP minis. Are you going to re-base them with something else? I'm replacing mine with clear acrylic bases. I've engraved initials on the bases to donate Berserkers, Skinners, Toxics, ect. I thought about painting the base edges a different color for each, but that is more visually intrusive than the engraved bases... but it does make them easier to recognize at a quick glance.

The BP figs are for a regular (painted and debased everything for him including exclusives) He mounts everything on clear bases. Funny thing is painted all the zeds for classic but not the characters (did not want to ruin the value of the exclusives). Have painted nothing for BP or GH (and boy does the wife gripe about it). Not really getting hyped about the Sci Fi version, Still prefer the fantasy setting and wanted more expansions. Did get Massive Darkness though, and 8 of the expansion card decks for BP. Only used 2 of the decks so far so more E-Bay fodder down the line.

Have a small break in the painting schedule right now (one Bolt action US on E-bay and a second German one just waiting for me to finish the Tiger and wrap it up by the end of the week). Seems I have time to do something for me so started my Cruel Seas starter box. Should have it done in a week or so and then will post pics.

I plan on eventually painting everything, including the exclusives. I've got extras of the exclusives to sell off, so not worried about my personal set.

I think the spare boxes from the second set are due on the paint table soon. Am finishing up a Bolt Action German army with a Tiger I right now, and started my Cruel Seas ships. Have about 45 figs needing to be based for my regular, then maybe Z-cide gets painted. That or my order from NWS finally gets here and I have a Jap Bolt Action army to paint, Then once tax returns hit next year they start lining up...sigh.

Some day down the road will paint my Bolt Action French army gathering dust, and get Afrika Korp troop boxes to replace my DAK army figs. Then on to Bad Squiddo Games website for more female Soviets to fill out my Soviet army (Got a KV I, one squad, and HQ at this moment)

Attachment 259192Attachment 259193

Similar Missions

1. We need new players
    By Baxter in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2018, 05:17
  2. Texas Looking for other players in TX
    By RCastro in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 09:26
  3. National: Looking for players
    By Albert_Ball in forum US Wing