Ares Games

Thread: Holy Cow! It turns out that Dante missed a tenth circle of Hell...

Exclamation Holy Cow! It turns out that Dante missed a tenth circle of Hell...

... and I found it... the dreaded circle of Polypropylene Compulsion!!!

Over the last couple of weeks I have spent a few nights here and there placing my WoW cards in the Fantasy Flight mini European Card Game polypropylene sleeves... all of my cards...

I have purchased 27 packages of 50 sleeves each so far.... I have 3 packages left... and I still have all the maneuver cards from 38 Nexus minis yet to place in sleeves...

The math? 1350 sleeves purchased and used so far, and approximately 800 more sleeves needed to finish... assuming I do not purchase any more Nexus Minis... or the remaining booster pack I need...

Tonight I will dream of millions of thin clear plastic entities... overwhelming the villages and cities of my dreamscape with their elastic and fortifying nature... coming for me... relentless and unstoppable...bent on placing me in a state of enveloping protection... marching...marching... marching... Doom approaches me and there is no escape...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Hi Ken, I feel for you, I too have done the same, although I have not fully sleeved my minis cards as yet.
    Then horror of horrors I found that my KR & FIC cases were not quite big enough to fit my cards with sleeves, so started removing them thinking I could add prior to gaming.
    A second look made me think again, they do fit just a bit snuggly so I re did the sleeves. Yes I think a severe case of sleeve shock here. twitch twitch

To sleeve or not to sleeve, that is the question. Having seen the Red Baron take a gust of wind off the camping table and end up in a cow turd (no offence Ken. ) I decided last year to sleeve everything, as a lot of our games are played in the evenings at re enactment events.
    My new dilemma is to find sleeves that fit the F.O.G. bomber cards. Oh well someone on here is bound to know the best sizes.
    Rob.
    P.S. Point of info for gamers. Cow turds wipe off cards better than sheep sh..t.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    To sleeve or not to sleeve, that is the question. Having seen the Red Baron take a gust of wind off the camping table and end up in a cow turd (no offence Ken. ) I decided last year to sleeve everything, as a lot of our games are played in the evenings at re enactment events.
    My new dilemma is to find sleeves that fit the F.O.G. bomber cards. Oh well someone on here is bound to know the best sizes.
    Rob.
    P.S. Point of info for gamers. Cow turds wipe off cards better than sheep sh..t.
    LMAO! I guess one should avoid playing the game in a barn if possible!!!

I was actually considering having the bomber cards laminated with something on the thinner side at a local print shop. When I do, I will let you know how it turns out!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Great Ken. Thanks. Glad you liked my little misfortune. It's the only time I see some of the chaps, so we have to play where we can.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Great Ken. Thanks. Glad you liked my little misfortune. It's the only time I see some of the chaps, so we have to play where we can.
    Rob.
    I am just glad you were able to get it to wipe off! Just to be clear, I am such an avid gamer, I would play barefoot in the snow if that is the only way I could get some people together! Maybe we can get Nexus to release the magnetic mini travel version of Wings of War soon!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Magnetic WoW now there's a thing, and new prepainted 1/1000 minis and and and .... sorry was getting carried away there

Even at that scale, the all steel playing surface would be a bit difficult to manage, unless you could get a roll of fine steel foil.
    Maybe this idea has legs after all. Cards with that adhesive magnetic backing added. We wuold have to ensure correct polarity of card and plane base. Immelmann turns could be interesting.
    Rob.

Ken,
    Could you have found the ultimate cure for insomnia?
    Patent it fast before Pfizer or some other drug company do it.

This thread has some great pics of a travel version jmac did: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ghlight=travel

A magnetic chess board and some of that make-your-own fridge magnet stuff: Hey presto - you could even play on the fridge.

(If only I wasn't such a klutz wit making stuff) sigh

Good link Algy. That has saved me a lot of bother.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by AlgyLacey View Post
    Ken,
    Could you have found the ultimate cure for insomnia?
    Patent it fast before Pfizer or some other drug company do it.

This thread has some great pics of a travel version jmac did: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ghlight=travel

A magnetic chess board and some of that make-your-own fridge magnet stuff: Hey presto - you could even play on the fridge.

(If only I wasn't such a klutz wit making stuff) sigh
    Now that has to be the coolest thing I have seen on this site yet!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Similar Missions

1. Mission 11: Hell Among the Barrage Wires, Part 2
    By Wolfbiter in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 16:39
  2. Mission 10: Hell Among The Barrage Wires, Part 1
    By Wolfbiter in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 16:03
  3. Maneuvers HR for Acceleration & Turns (WIP)
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 03:35
  4. Immelman turns
    By mattcalaho in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 23:28