Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 301 to 334 of 334

Thread: Mess of The Daring Young Men !

  1. #301

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Cheers guys - we are just hoping there is no last minute cancellation for Yon's op. Fingers crossed. As for me, well I'm not one for G & T Rob / Baz, but more like Jamesons I'll give that my best shot - cough cough
    G'day Mike! Sorry to hear you have been "Under the Weather".
    Best wishes to both you & Yon for speedy Op & recoveries.
    I can certainly recommend a Whisky for ANY ailment. It also does wonders with a cap-full added to the Oats for a frosty mornings breakfast!
    Another Baz recommended Remedy is a glass of Port for a Sore Throat!
    I had a friend who was a very good professional Country Music singer & she always had a glass of Port before going on stage. Swore it helped her voice!

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  2. #302

    Default

    Can't go wrong with this one, Mike.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	270935

  3. #303

    Default

    Give Yon my best wishes and I hope all goes well, I can recommend the whisky cure, it doesn't help the illness but it sure tastes good.

  4. #304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Cheers guys - we are just hoping there is no last minute cancellation for Yon's op. Fingers crossed. As for me, well I'm not one for G & T Rob / Baz, but more like Jamesons I'll give that my best shot - cough cough
    Hope all goes well, Mike.

    As for the whiskey cure, remember you need a hat. Put the hat at the end of the bed. Go to bed. Drink whiskey until you see two hats. Stay in bed until you see one hat. Then you should be as right as rain.

  5. #305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    Hope all goes well, Mike.

    As for the whiskey cure, remember you need a hat. Put the hat at the end of the bed. Go to bed. Drink whiskey until you see two hats. Stay in bed until you see one hat. Then you should be as right as rain.


    I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

  6. #306

    Default

    Right Baz, it's Gin for Kyte and Port for Bligh, and may the best man win!

    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  7. #307

    Skafloc's Avatar Northern Command Squadron Leader.
    Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    10
    Name
    Neil (Bullseye)
    Location
    Northumberland
    Sorties Flown
    11,259
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default

    Then put on hat if it is raining.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    Hope all goes well, Mike.

    As for the whiskey cure, remember you need a hat. Put the hat at the end of the bed. Go to bed. Drink whiskey until you see two hats. Stay in bed until you see one hat. Then you should be as right as rain.
    See you on the Dark Side......

  8. #308

    Default

    Hahahaha nice one guys - particularly like the hat cure

    Update: All went according to plan with fixing Yon's hip - she is now officially a Hippie Poor thing is suffering the recovery pains right now but, as they say, no pain, no gain. She sends her heartfelt thanks for all of the good wishes and hopes to be hopping around again in the very near future.

    As for me - the Whiskey must have worked wonders - no it definitely had nothing to do with anti - biotics or anti-aircraft guns or whatever - definitely the Jamesons. Voice not quite back to normal yet, which some might argue is a blessing in disguise, but the rest is sorting itself out nicely.

    Chat again soon, meantime have fun all

    Mike

  9. #309

    Default

    She'll be hopping around tomorrow if the physio has their way Mike - glad all went well.

    "He is wise who watches"

  10. #310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    She'll be hopping around tomorrow if the physio has their way Mike - glad all went well.
    Yes, Physio-terrorists are merciless!

    You'll soon be needing evasive manoeuvres again................

  11. #311

    Default

    Good to hear Yon is recovering from her op successfully Mike. I send her a virtual bunch of flowers to aid recovery.
    As far as you are concerned,I am glad that the Jameson raid went off so well. Maybe I should have tried that at Prague.
    All the best, Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  12. #312

    Default

    Hope things continue in the upwards direction Mike for you and Yon. Jamesons...if it doesn't kill you it will cure you!

  13. #313

    Default

    Morning all - AM1 had a good sleep and is feeling much brighter. Thanks for all of the messages Virtual flowers smell wonderful Rob Physio- terrorists currently in action

    On another, also positive, note - I've now received a bunch of BSG and WWI models from Keith - that did a lot to brighten up the scenery too

    Laters all. Might even get back to the subject of OTT DYM soon

  14. #314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Morning all - AM1 had a good sleep and is feeling much brighter. Thanks for all of the messages Virtual flowers smell wonderful Rob Physio- terrorists currently in action

    On another, also positive, note - I've now received a bunch of BSG and WWI models from Keith - that did a lot to brighten up the scenery too

    Laters all. Might even get back to the subject of OTT DYM soon
    Glad things are generally going well. Cheers

  15. #315

    Default

    Glad to hear things are looking up Mike. My WW1 planes also arrived from Keith today.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  16. #316

    Default

    Finally got mission 6 and the associated AAR posted. And Skafloc has reserved the post for mission 8 already, I see. Yes, I know he's way early, but it really only highlights how behind I am on this.

    Well, hey, that leaves me more excuses to go play some more.

  17. #317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Finally got mission 6 and the associated AAR posted. And Skafloc has reserved the post for mission 8 already, I see. Yes, I know he's way early, but it really only highlights how behind I am on this.

    Well, hey, that leaves me more excuses to go play some more.
    You behind.... I just played out mission 5 Saturday! Have to get this written up soon so I can paint up a couple of new planes for mission 6. Neil has 8 reserved? I hope to be up to date by the end of the month.

  18. #318

    Default

    OK, AM1 back is in the hangar and making good progress. Extra duties make flying a little difficult but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hope to complete mission whatever is next as soon as Bovington is done and dusted. Sorry, not reading AARs until mine posted at least. But I shall catch up and am really looking forward to doing so

    Later

    Mike

  19. #319

    Default

    I now have a floor in my new games room and am hoping to be able to start mission 5 in about two weeks time. You chaps have nothing to worry about.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7799.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	271143

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7800.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	271145

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7801.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	271147

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7802.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	271148

    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  20. #320

    Default

    Looking good, Rob


    No rush, Mike.
    I think the summer has us all falling behind.

  21. #321

  22. #322

    Default

    As of today.Yesterday we rehung the doors after removing a few mm from the bottoms to get over the new flooring Just the Table and background to do now, plus a trip to Ikea next week for under table storage.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7803.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	271407

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7804.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	271408

    The table will fit into the space where the chest of drawers is at present. Five feet from door to wall and 3ft 6 out towards the window. A good two mat size.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7805.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	271409

    The chest is destined to hold the scenery pieces.

    Hopefully be back in the fray by the end of next week.

    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 07-11-2019 at 05:33.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  23. #323

    Skafloc's Avatar Northern Command Squadron Leader.
    Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    10
    Name
    Neil (Bullseye)
    Location
    Northumberland
    Sorties Flown
    11,259
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Finally got mission 6 and the associated AAR posted. And Skafloc has reserved the post for mission 8 already, I see. Yes, I know he's way early, but it really only highlights how behind I am on this.

    Well, hey, that leaves me more excuses to go play some more.
    I still have to play 4,5,6 and 7. So not as far behind as I. Needed to put something up to see how big the pics are. Plus my computer is terminal, so everything saved to external hard drive. Might have to post mission soon to ensure all is not lost.

    Signed, Mr Optimistic.
    See you on the Dark Side......

  24. #324

    Default

    Hi Neil.
    We will soldier on together then. Or should that be airman along together?
    It was your superb games room that gave me the idea of commandeering the dining room for my own.
    rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  25. #325

    Skafloc's Avatar Northern Command Squadron Leader.
    Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    10
    Name
    Neil (Bullseye)
    Location
    Northumberland
    Sorties Flown
    11,259
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default

    There was an excellent vid on YouTube about a guy, America I think, who built a folding table that went into a surround on the wall. So when not in use folded away out of sight. I'll have a search for a link.

    Neil

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Hi Neil.
    We will soldier on together then. Or should that be airman along together?
    It was your superb games room that gave me the idea of commandeering the dining room for my own.
    rob.
    See you on the Dark Side......

  26. #326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    As of today.Yesterday we rehung the doors after removing a few mm from the bottoms to get over the new flooring Just the Table and background to do now, plus a trip to Ikea next week for under table storage.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7803.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	271407

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7804.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	271408

    The table will fit into the space where the chest of drawers is at present. Five feet from door to wall and 3ft 6 out towards the window. A good two mat size.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7805.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	271409

    The chest is destined to hold the scenery pieces.

    Hopefully be back in the fray by the end of next week.

    Rob.
    Snazzy Would that be the Fray Bentos you are holding back from ?


    Recommend with a bit of Branston ( Not Richard I might add)


    I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

  27. #327

    Skafloc's Avatar Northern Command Squadron Leader.
    Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    10
    Name
    Neil (Bullseye)
    Location
    Northumberland
    Sorties Flown
    11,259
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default

    Wont have it in the house. It's banned.

    Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Snazzy Would that be the Fray Bentos you are holding back from ?


    Recommend with a bit of Branston ( Not Richard I might add)
    See you on the Dark Side......

  28. #328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Snazzy Would that be the Fray Bentos you are holding back from ?


    Recommend with a bit of Branston ( Not Richard I might add)
    I am with Neil on this. I had a very bad experience with Branston and a banana at College Paul. Never got over it. Even the smell of it makes me airsick.

    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  29. #329

    Skafloc's Avatar Northern Command Squadron Leader.
    Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    10
    Name
    Neil (Bullseye)
    Location
    Northumberland
    Sorties Flown
    11,259
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default

    Yep FB is banned.
    See you on the Dark Side......

  30. #330

    Default

    "Black Day in July"

    Although Mission 7 is dated February 1916, the title of a Gordon Lightfoot song from 1968 sums up my take of the mission ....
    Gonna be a tough one to write up.

  31. #331

    Default

    Scenario 7 is turning out to be a marathon for me-two days running the scenario, and it's still not finished. Spoiler: ugly for the Germans, AAMGs have turned out to be a major b***ch, but they still *just might* be able to pull off a win.

  32. #332

    Default

    Falling badly behind here guys, but I shall catch up

  33. #333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    "Black Day in July"

    Although Mission 7 is dated February 1916, the title of a Gordon Lightfoot song from 1968 sums up my take of the mission ....
    Gonna be a tough one to write up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPXL3iEVnCM or perhaps

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsSXM6zvExk


    I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

  34. #334

    Default

    Just to clarify, I was simply referring to the actual title, not the subject matter.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567


Similar Missions

  1. OTT Daring Young Men Campaign 1916
    By flash in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 05-13-2019, 16:41
  2. Sticky: OTT Daring Young Men (DYM) Campaign Rules
    By flash in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-16-2018, 03:06
  3. Daring Woman saves a Plane.
    By Naharaht in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-06-2017, 11:30
  4. What goes on in the mess, stays in the mess.......
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 02:34
  5. KoTA 7B The Daring Rescue.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 11:51

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •