Ares Games
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mess of The Daring Young Men !

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    They also do an AA truck. One of which I converted into a searchlight truck.
    Rob.
    Even better

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Smile

After a couple of weeks of full on real life (visit from my Queensland daughter, Antique Machinery club commitments, Real estate appraisal on my property, tip & recycling runs & driveway regrading quotes ) I finally got to fly Mission 9 this morning, Hope to get the AAR done early in the coming week.

Good to have you back in full harness again Baz.
    I used the first of those dots you got for me. This week I put some on the Polish Squadron Hurricanes that I am doing for BoB now that Kyte is promoted into the funny handshake department working for Raymond, and back from his stint in Malta.
    Pics to follow.
    Please excuse the historic anachronisms here gents but I wanted to keep Baz abreast of things stirring on my WW2 table at long last.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Smile Catching Up!

Played Mission 10 today.
    Quite the battle. Took 10 turns & at one stage it looked like the British Balloon would survive.
    AAR will be written up Sunday I hope as busy day tomorrow & another Machinery show Saturday up in Braidwood.

Well, well, well, you have been a busy lad Baz (Antique Machinery Club huh! That sounds intriguing ) Now I don't want to pile on the pressure, especially with a certain date in late December looming large before us all, but I am ready to post DYM Mission 12 on Saturday. Is that still ok?
    Uncle, I have noted that some of the gang are behind and am happy to reschedule take off if it helps. What's the verdict?

I know I'm trailing badly with AARs and missions flown. Just finished a rollercoaster from hell in selling our house in Maine. We don't have a house to move into yet but are house sitting for a friend so all is now good. I hope to jump on mission 8 soon and try my best to catch up by the end of the year.

Default Peace at Christmas !

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    ... I am ready to post DYM Mission 12 on Saturday. Is that still ok?
    Uncle, I have noted that some of the gang are behind and am happy to reschedule take off if it helps. What's the verdict?
    Happy to postpone it for a month to give the rest of the formation a chance to catch up if they can Mike.
    The campaign will officially end end of January if that is the case.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus
    I am ready to post DYM Mission 12 on Saturday. Is that still ok?

I'm ready to go with 12. Let's see what you have in store!

I think a delay works best for me.
    I might be able to tackle the game, but recording it would be a struggle right now.

Thumbs up

I think a postponement would be welcome with Christmas coming like an Express Train.

An extra month would be kind to me. I might be able to get to all the missions with January.

I would also be able to get a couple in.
    Rob.

OK guys - I'll delay posting the final mission in this campaign until after Christmas - Sorry to disappoint Sam, but I know what it's like to get behind with things and real life has to take priority now and then at least

And now a quiet word in your ear Baz! Since when has Santa ever arrived via an Express Train? Think of the carbon footprint that would involve. Everyone knows he gets about via a reindeer drawn sleigh - unless, of course, the terrible march of progress has hit you downunder already

Here's the proof buddy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Santa 1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	278781

You'll even see some of Clippers Elves in this image - so there

Very kind of you to agree with Uncle !

"He is wise who watches"

PS Good luck with the house hunting Peter:

Name:	Elma 1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	278782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	House 1.jpg 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	278783

Very kind of you to agree with Uncle !
    I wouldn't dream of not doing so

Name:	Uncle 1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	278784

A delay would suit myself. SWMBO has disassembled Smaugs Cave, pic to follow, and ready for painting and wallpapering. As I have some 9 missions to fly an extension would be most helpful. (Seems the only painting playing I'll get in is with a 4inch paintbrush and pasting brush! Wives have no empathy for the struggles to complete missions in a time bound manner.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

And now a quiet word in your ear Baz! Since when has Santa ever arrived via an Express Train? Think of the carbon footprint that would involve. Everyone knows he gets about via a reindeer drawn sleigh

Some purists might mention all those flatulent Reindeer adding to the problem. Mike!
    Rob.

Some purists might mention all those flatulent Reindeer adding to the problem. Mike!
    Rob.
    I'm sure at those speeds Santa doesn't hold back either .... !

"He is wise who watches"

And this would be the man from Uncle ...

Name:	Flash loaded 2.jpg 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	278785

"He is wise who watches"

and that whilst wearing a gas mask. Apparently there is a scientist in England who fancies the idea of genetically modifying cattle to prevent so much of their methane gas destroying our environment. Perhaps he would consider including reindeer, if not Father Christmas himself, in such experiments.
    And yes Dave - a far better choice for the man from UNCLE

That maybe how they attain those faster than light speeds Dave. Just ignite the after burners and retire PDQ.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    And this would be the man from Uncle ...

Name:	Flash loaded 2.jpg 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	278785
    Perfect

Yeah, what a character, RIP Rik Mayall.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Yeah, what a character, RIP Rik Mayall.
    Oh, I did not know that he had passed away.

RIP Rik.

Yeah, sadly, five years last June. Where did that time go ?!

"He is wise who watches"

Smile

I have it on good authority that Santa has now upgraded his delivery method!

Name:	Aero Santa.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	278852

Still isn't an Express Train

Name:	Santa express.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	278870

Ooops
    No but much quicker than train or his other previous update!

Name:	a JD Santa.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	278874

What make of tractor is that Baz?

Rob.

Could it possibly be a John Deere?

Thumbs up

What make of tractor is that Baz?

Rob.
    Looks like a John Deere model A styled!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Looks like a John Deere model A styled!
    Very apt then Baz.
    Driven by a Rein Deere no doubt.
    Rob.

Smile

Very apt then Baz.
    Driven by a Rein Deere no doubt.
    Rob.

Whichever tractor it is, it has to be better than a pusher

Name:	Xmas pusher.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	278878

I'm away from the site for a short time and you have the office party without me, you must have all had a jolly good time, with lots to drink what with all this talk of John Deere Reindeers and pilots in red hats .
    A January finish, do the Germans know we have postponed the war, I hope we haven't arranged a football match between the lines, you know they won last time and I've a sneaking suspicion that's what kicked the war off in the first place.

Has there been any discussion that I've missed about what happens next, are we going for April - June 1916 or something else?

It's good to be back, just have to play Mission 11 and then I can see what the fast kids on the block did with it?

Smile

Played Mission 11 today & enjoyed the fun. (Thanks Rob!)
    Probably wont get to write up the AAR till mid next week.
    Daughter Virginia's birthday tomorrow, lots of stuff Monday & Spec Savers & Mogo Machinery shed Tuesday & Club meeting Tuesday night.

Look forward to seeing that Baz

"He is wise who watches"

Me too!
    Rob.

Me four
    Now guys, no pressure, really But a question for you all, re Mission 12. I've got a fairly straight forward version or a tough version Which do you want?

I've put an extra fiver in a box, for each of my grandchildren, gambling on your responses. If I'm right, well they might, just might, get it anyway

Once again, season's hic greetings hic

Question fro Dave before I respond:
    Are we done with this campaign after Mission 12?

Or is there a chance we may extend it?

Me four
    Now guys, no pressure, really But a question for you all, re Mission 12. I've got a fairly straight forward version or a tough version Which do you want?

I've put an extra fiver in a box, for each of my grandchildren, gambling on your responses. If I'm right, well they might, just might, get it anyway

Once again, season's hic greetings hic
    I vote for the tougher version. Thats the kind of guy I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post

I'm pretty sure mission 12 will end this campaign. If there was an option to continue I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I vote for the tougher version. Thats the kind of guy I am.
    Bring it on

Looking forward to the advancing plane evolution for the next campaign

OK Cool. So far the tougher version has it. I'll wait a couple more days just to see if that is going to create problems for anyone. Then I'll post some time soon after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post

I am interested to know this as well, I suppose my question would be are we going to do April to June 16 as we did Jan to Mar, over a 12 month game period, or go for a completely different period. I think what Pete might be thinking is that he has a big investment in the characters in his flight, as I do, and so don't want to get them massacred in some wind up suicidal game and then find that they could have continued if we are to follow on the time frame.
    If it's not suicidal - I'm up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I think what Pete might be thinking is that he has a big investment in the characters in his flight, as I do, and so don't want to get them massacred in some wind up suicidal game and then find that they could have continued if we are to follow on the time frame.
    That's it, in a nutshell.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I am interested to know this as well, I suppose my question would be are we going to do April to June 16 as we did Jan to Mar, over a 12 month game period, or go for a completely different period. I think what Pete might be thinking is that he has a big investment in the characters in his flight, as I do, and so don't want to get them massacred in some wind up suicidal game and then find that they could have continued if we are to follow on the time frame.
    If it's not suicidal - I'm up for it.
    Yeah I agree with John & others. Happy for a "difficult" mission but not a suicide meat grinder.

Dave has indicated he is happy to continue a Campaign after Mission 12 but wants to wait until 12 done & dusted & will then see how many want to keep going & weather to jump forward a few months to bring in new aircraft.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. OTT Daring Young Men Campaign 1916
    By flash in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 02-19-2020, 07:01
  2. Sticky: OTT Daring Young Men (DYM) Campaign Rules
    By flash in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-16-2018, 03:06
  3. Daring Woman saves a Plane.
    By Naharaht in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-06-2017, 11:30
  4. What goes on in the mess, stays in the mess.......
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 02:34
  5. KoTA 7B The Daring Rescue.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 11:51