Ares Games
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mess of The Daring Young Men !

Smile Mess of The Daring Young Men !

Well here we are again, back at the start with a new campaign & a slightly different format.
    Welcome all !

The potential pilots:

Dave (flash)
    Baz (Gullyraker)
    Mike (mikeemagnus)
    Paul (Tikkifriend)
    Peter (Teaticket)
    John (Vagabond)
    Rob (Kyte)
    Neil (Skafloc)
    Pete (Stumptonian)
    Sam (Zenlizard)
    Dale (Setarius)
    Chris (Fast.git)
    Last edited by flash; 12-05-2018 at 06:34.

"He is wise who watches"

Guten Tag meine Herren, und was möchten Sie trinken? Die erste Runde findet auf den Eagles statt.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Et une bonne journée à vous aussi Monsieur, que voudriez-vous boire? Le second tour a lieu sur les Bulldogs.

Ich hätte gerne einen kleinen Cognac oder Napoleon Brandy, bitte.

Würdest du wissen, ob die Engländer ihr Grammophon wieder mögen würden?

Wir schienen eine erworben zu haben, als wir hier übernahmen.

Ah, vous allez bien Monsieur, un Napoléon Brandy. Attention, celui-ci est aussi vieux que Napoléon.

En ce qui concerne le grammaphone anglais, je ne sais pas s’ils l’ont déjà remplacé. Nous le saurons après la première mission, car ils aiment bien chanter toute la nuit sur un vieux disque éraillé.

Ich werde eine Runde Schnaps für alle kaufen.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Ich werde eine Runde Schnaps für alle kaufen.
    A very gracious offer, mein herr.

I'll take you up on that offer too

Guten Tag meine Herren, und was möchten Sie trinken? Die erste Runde findet auf den Eagles statt.
    And a jolly good day to you to, sir. After the Schnaps I'll just have a beer, thank you. Then I trust you'll join the Bulldogs for our round

Ah, c’est bien mon ami, peut-être que l’un d’eux nous le fera savoir bientôt. Le jeune Heidrich a un mauvais goût en musique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Ah, vous allez bien Monsieur, un Napoléon Brandy. Attention, celui-ci est aussi vieux que Napoléon.

En ce qui concerne le grammaphone anglais, je ne sais pas s’ils l’ont déjà remplacé. Nous le saurons après la première mission, car ils aiment bien chanter toute la nuit sur un vieux disque éraillé.

Du bist Englisch und dein Bier. Es ist so warm Wie trinkt man den Schweineabfälle? Wenn Sie etwas Schnaps, Cognac oder Champagner haben, dann sprechen Sie.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    I'll take you up on that offer too

And a jolly good day to you to, sir. After the Schnaps I'll just have a beer, thank you. Then I trust you'll join the Bulldogs for our round
    Vermissen Sie ein Grammophon? Wenn Sie sind, haben wir einen Ersatz.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Hello again guys,
    I have the names of my pilots ready I'm just trying to decide which one to fly. Since I'm on the German side this time I'll take a glass of Schnapps to join everyone celebrating this new campaign.

Willkommen Dale in der Eagles Offiziere Bierhaus. Nehmen Sie auf jeden Fall einen Schnaps mit uns, aber vermeiden Sie das warme englische Bier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    Hello again guys,
    I have the names of my pilots ready I'm just trying to decide which one to fly. Since I'm on the German side this time I'll take a glass of Schnapps to join everyone celebrating this new campaign.

Wir sind jetzt vier.

Make sure you pass them on to Dave (Flash), Dale so he can post them up on the roster sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    Hello again guys,

Smile

Ye Gods Dave! The wireless seems to be jammed with some sort of Double Dutch transmissions.
    Better get the Intelligence Chappies on it in case there is devilment afoot!
    Last edited by gully_raker; 12-04-2018 at 16:44.

Welcome back Neil and Chris.
    Glad to see you aboard as well, Dale. (and on the right side this time!)
    In Boston this week, and they have managed to keep the weather much like Oregon for me.
    A Sam Adams to all

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Ye Gods Dave! The wireless seems to be jammed with some sought of Double Dutch transmissions.
    Better get the Intelligence Chappies on it in case there is devilment afoot!
    Yep, seems some have forgotten the international language of the air. Still, I can always switch the receiver off.

"He is wise who watches"

Well you will be relying on the wireless for this match chaps, because I'm not bringing my Gramophone to this one after what happened last time round, and you can get that carthorse out of my nice new office too.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice bit of banter there Neil and Peter could make for interesting AARs chaps

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Ye Gods Dave! The wireless seems to be jammed with some sought of Double Dutch transmissions.
    Nee, het is niet Nederlands Baz, het is Duits.
    Du bist Englisch und dein Bier. Es ist so warm Wie trinkt man den Schweineabfälle? Wenn Sie etwas Schnaps, Cognac oder Champagner haben, dann sprechen Sie.
    Just because you guys cannot make decent beer, no need to call it pig swill. That's fighting talk. On the other hand, being part Irish, I'd go for a Jamesons, rather than your Schnaps any day

Ok....if it's a fight you want. We're available August 3rd 1914 Belgian border be there if you dare!

So Whos flying Bulldogs this time ? I switched back this time, It got lonely being shot down so often

Nothing's set in stone yet Paul, people have offered to switch sides to balance things up, final decisions will be made end of December.

"He is wise who watches"

Come over to the Dark Side Paul, you wont be alone.......

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Nice bit of banter there Neil and Peter could make for interesting AARs chaps
    Not over my dead Aspidistra it ain't.
    Kyte.

(The WingCo enters the Bulldog’s mess.)

WingCo: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.
    (The mess manager does not respond.)
    WingCo: 'Ello, Miss?
    MM: What do you mean "miss"?
    WingCo: (pause)I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to register a complaint!
    MM: We're closin' for lunch.
    WingCo: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this Aspidistra what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.
    MM: Oh yes, the, uh, the South Eastern Asian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?
    WingCo: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'It's dead, that's what's wrong with it!
    MM: No,no, 'it's uh,...it's resting.
    WingCo: Look, matey, I know a dead Aspidistra when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
    MM: No no it's not dead, it's, it’s restin'! Remarkable plant, the South Eastern Asian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful leaves!
    WingCo: The leaves don't enter into it. It's stone dead.
    MM: Nononono, no, no! 'It's resting!
    WingCo: All right then, if it's restin', I'll wake it up! (shouting at the pot) 'Ello, Mister Aspidistra! I've got a lovely saucer of milk to wash your leaves for you if you show...(mess manager hits the pot)
    MM: There, it moved!
    WingCo: No, it didn't, that was you hitting the pot!
    MM: I never!!
    WingCo: Yes, you did!
    MM: I never, never did anything...
    WingCo: (yelling and hitting the pot repeatedly) 'ELLO ASPIDISTRA!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!
    (Takes ASPIDISTRA out of the pot and thumps its roots on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)
    WingCo: Now that's what I call a dead Aspidistra.
    MM: No, no.....No, 'It's stunned!
    WingCo: STUNNED?!?
    MM: Yeah! You stunned it, just as it was wakin' up! South Eastern Asian Blue's stun easily, WingCo.
    WingCo: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That Aspidistra is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged repotting.
    MM: Well, he's...he's,ah...probably pining for the fjords.
    WingCo: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did it fall flat on its back the moment I got it home?
    MM: The South Eastern Asian Blue prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable plant, id'nit, squire? Lovely leaves!
    WingCo: Look, I took the liberty of examining that Aspidistra when I got it to me office, well shed really, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting in its pot in the first place was that it had been NAILED there.
    (pause)
    MM: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that Aspidistra down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its leaves, crossed the runway stolen a plane and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!
    WingCo: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this Aspidistra wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'It's bleedin' demised!
    MM: No no! 'E's pining!
    WinCo: 'It's not pinin'! 'It's passed on! This Aspidistra is no more! It has ceased to be! 'It's expired and gone to meet 'its maker! 'It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'it to the perch 'it'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Its metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'It's off the twig! 'It's kicked the bucket, 'It's shuffled off 'its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! It's f*ckin' snuffed it!..... THIS IS AN EX-ASPIDISTRA!!
    (pause)
    MM: Well, I'd better replace it, then.
    (he takes a quick peek behind the counter)
    MM: Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of Aspidistra’s.
    WingCo: I see. I see, I get the picture.
    MM: (pause)I got a slug of Gin!
    (pause)
    WingCo: Pray, does it talk?
    MM: Nnnnot really.
    WingCo: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?
    MM: Well! I never wanted to do this in the first place. I wanted to be... An observer in the Kyte Section, I mean Kite section!

Last edited by Lt. S.Kafloc; 12-04-2018 at 15:27.

Smile

Nee, het is niet Nederlands Baz, het is Duits.
    Just because you guys cannot make decent beer, no need to call it pig swill. That's fighting talk. On the other hand, being part Irish, I'd go for a Jamesons, rather than your Schnaps any day
    Arr the Jamesons! Milk of the Gods Mike.
    From one who according to Ancestry DNA test is 80% Irish/Scots.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Neil,
    I take it you've had a pint or three. This was exceedingly funny and welcome.

And now for something completely different.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	810aGa2J3xL._SX355_.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	259015

Never mind changing the subject young man, what are you going to do about this?

Name:	238168.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	259016

Kyte.

MM: Move it away from the radiator Sir, they don't like the heat they don'ts. Now how does that slug of gin sound to you?

Don't think Gin is any good at all. After the men tried to revive it with beer it just got worse.
    Anyway it would just be a waste of good Gin Colonel.
    Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Never mind changing the subject young man, what are you going to do about this?

Name:	238168.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	259016

Kyte.
    Terribly sorry Wing Co old chap but sometimes a mans got to do what a mans got to do.

Name:	Differences-Between-Men-and-Women-6.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	259021

I'm sure when it dries out the blooms will come again, or maybe a Marsh Marigold might be in order.

Hah...knew the culprit would reveal himself. Tapping the boards tomorrow WingCo. No wonder the old Aspidistra was a bit wiffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Hah...knew the culprit would reveal himself. Tapping the boards tomorrow WingCo. No wonder the old Aspidistra was a bit wiffy.
    I thought you were supposed to water the thingy watsits to give them a bit of altitude don't you know. It's no good it snivelling in a corner - there's a war on.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Arr the Jamesons! Milk of the Gods Mike.
    From one who according to Ancestry DNA test is 80% Irish/Scots.
    Thats a high alcohol content there Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I thought you were supposed to water the thingy watsits to give them a bit of altitude don't you know. It's no good it snivelling in a corner - there's a war on.
    Key word here is 'water'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Rather impertinent I feel. What do you say Colonel Skafloc as keeper of the aforesaid plant in question.
    You may recall the last young sprog who upset the apple-cart over the Aspidistra some years ago, spent a week spud bashing.

Kyte.

(The WingCo enters the Bulldog’s mess.)
    Sorry Col. Skafloc, actually he's not in the Mess either, he's a very naughty boy!!!!! As for letting the Aspidistra get into such a state, I think that's reason for a fight too. However,
    We're available August 3rd 1914 Belgian border be there if you dare!
    thats a little awkward mein Herr as we have rather a lot on at the moment. Will you settle for January 1st 1916?

Default OTTDYE Campaign - Introducing Flieger-Abteilung 24 (Carl Brisgamer)

Meine Herren, gestatten Sie mir, die Piloten und Beobachter der Flieger-Abteilung 24 vorzustellen. Das sind die Männer, die den Feind am Himmel über der Verdun-Front bekämpfen werden.

(Gentlemen, allow me to present the pilots and observers of the Flieger-Abteilung 24. These are the men who will fight the enemy in the sky above the Verdun Front.)

Name:	OTTDYE AIRCREW 1.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	267.7 KB 
ID:	259441

Name:	OTTDYE AIRCREW 2.JPG 
Views:	274 
Size:	274.2 KB 
ID:	259440
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 12-17-2018 at 01:48.

And a jolly fine looking bunch they are too - welcome to the fray one and all

Meine Herren, gestatten Sie mir, die Piloten und Beobachter der Flieger-Abteilung 24 vorzustellen. Das sind die Männer, die den Feind am Himmel über der Verdun-Front bekämpfen werden

I have been meaning to find photos for my crews as well - will have to make sure I don't duplicate any of yours ..

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post

I have been meaning to find photos for my crews as well - will have to make sure I don't duplicate any of yours ..
    [/COLOR]

My pilots and observers were real airmen, their backgrounds a mixture of fact and supposition.

If you have any German the best place to go is http://www.frontflieger.de/

Next 2 or 3 Dawn Patrols should put some order back into his esprit de corps WingCo. Damn Aspidistra's been fine in the corner of the mess until this new influx.

Rather impertinent I feel. What do you say Colonel Skafloc as keeper of the aforesaid plant in question.
    You may recall the last young sprog who upset the apple-cart over the Aspidistra some years ago, spent a week spud bashing.

Kyte.

Oh, go on then. But if we aint there be sure to start without us.

Sorry Col. Skafloc, actually he's not in the Mess either, he's a very naughty boy!!!!! As for letting the Aspidistra get into such a state, I think that's reason for a fight too. However,
    thats a little awkward mein Herr as we have rather a lot on at the moment. Will you settle for January 1st 1916?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    My pilots and observers were real airmen, their backgrounds a mixture of fact and supposition.

If you have any German the best place to go is http://www.frontflieger.de/
    Great reference, Carl. Thank you for sharing!

Good grief man, now we will all have to find pictures for our chaps.
    Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Damn Aspidistra's been fine in the corner of the mess until this new influx.
    It's not the influx that is doing the damage Colonel. It's the outflux that is worrying me.
    Kyte.

Good grief man, now we will all have to find pictures for our chaps.
    Kyte.
    Nothing new to me. Been using pics in my Butcher’s since I joined OTT in 2015

Oh, go on then. But if we aint there be sure to start without us.
    Certainly not, Sir! Where would be the fun in that?

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. OTT Daring Young Men Campaign 1916
    By flash in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 02-19-2020, 07:01
  2. Sticky: OTT Daring Young Men (DYM) Campaign Rules
    By flash in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-16-2018, 03:06
  3. Daring Woman saves a Plane.
    By Naharaht in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-06-2017, 11:30
  4. What goes on in the mess, stays in the mess.......
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 02:34
  5. KoTA 7B The Daring Rescue.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 11:51