Ares Games

Thread: is Ares producing any more WGS miniatures

Default is Ares producing any more WGS miniatures

hello everyone just clarifying is ares coming out with more miniatures for the WGS lineu and if so do you know what planes they are making and what year they release them in thanks

esa

The history and images of the latest WGS Medium Bombers development.

Posted August 5, 2017: Expanded BoB German Bombers (with links to Ares Facebook page showing CAD drawings)

Posted October 31, 2018: Series 7 Preliminary Line-Up.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I hope they are. I am looking forward to the SM79.

Any thing about WGF new planes?

I find it interesting that Ares is making a release for the Battle of Britain, but including an Italian bomber that never participated. There was an Italian bomber in the Battle of Britain, but it was the Fiat Br.20 Cicogna (Stork), not the Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero (Sparrowhawk).

From a playability standpoint, the Br.20 would be good for the Spanish Civil War, or as a target in BoB scenarios ("By 1942, the aircraft was mostly used for maritime patrol and operational training for bomber crews." Wikipedia). For Italian combat scenarios, having an SM.79 would be awesome ("The SM.79 was operated in various different capacities during the Second World War; initially, the type was used as a transport aircraft and medium bomber." It was used with some success as a torpedo bomber. Wikipedia). Useless for any BoB game, though.

PS: Looking through the Wikipedia entry for the Br.20, it was used almost everywhere. Spain, Middle East, Battle of France, Battle of Britain, Malta, North Africa, etc... I guess not sexy enough for the Italians?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    Any thing about WGF new planes?
    Wrong thread, Mike.
    Mike

I wonder whether the Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero (Sparrowhawk) will come with some official torpedo bombing rules.

Looks good for the Ju 88. I have 4 Sm 79's, 3 Br 20's and 4 CantZ twin tails (all AIM models). I know the Italians did have planes in the BoB but fighters (G50's from what I saw) from what I have seen.

Similar Missions

1. How many miniatures do you own?
    By Goering Ace in forum Polls
    Replies: 781
    Last Post: 10-25-2022, 12:44
  2. WGF WW2 miniatures for trade to get WW1 miniatures I'm missing
    By ldsdbomber in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 04:43
  3. National Availability of Ares miniatures
    By Harry Tate in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 11