Thread: Shapeways sale

Default Shapeways sale

FYI everyone.... Cyber-Monday sale extended through Tuesday, use HAPPYMONDAY for 15% off.

I can't wait to see what you get and paint. Happy painting.

Good news if you missed it: they've extended into Tuesday. They're not likely to have many sales in the next year -- they found they were eating significantly into their already-slim profits, because people would just wait until a sale to buy. I wouldn't be surprised if this were the last one until next November.

Cyber Monday Sale Extended to Tuesday! Today and tomorrow only, take 15% off everything* on Shapeways.com. So fill your basket now and use code HAPPYMONDAY during checkout.

I took a mild plunge into those dangerous waters yesterday evening... Thanks for the sale info and update

All the best,
    Matt

take 15% off everything*

Exploring the * it says "15% off discount applies to a designer's own uploads and models in the Marketplace"

Is this for all customers, or only for designers buying their own designs?

When I did it last night, at checkout I typed in the code and it gave me the discount...and I'm just a humble customer......I don't shop there nearly as much as I should...

Good luck with your purchasing, Tim!

All the best,
    Matt

I received that email and thought it was just for designers. I have 9 Shapeways planes---3 Swordfish,3 Fulmars and 3 Nells. The rest of my 1/200 are AIM. I know many folks get their WWI planes at Shapeways and they do a great job on them. Hope to see the results of what you all get from them.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I received that email and thought it was just for designers. I have 9 Shapeways planes---3 Swordfish,3 Fulmars and 3 Nells. The rest of my 1/200 are AIM. I know many folks get their WWI planes at Shapeways and they do a great job on them. Hope to see the results of what you all get from them.
    Over the previous couple of weeks Shapeways gave designers only the discount on their own designs. I got those emails and initially got excited thinking it was for everyone until I fully read the email.

Then for Cyber-Monday let the rest of us in on it.

Just received an email from Shapeways and it said 15% discount good until 0300 Wednesday morning so there is still 11 hours left to order.

I just placed an order, and the 15% off went through with no trouble

Trouble is, I just added to my Shapeways pile

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Trouble is, I just added to my Shapeways pile
    Indeed a problem, Tim. I made a large order in anticipation of the price increase, so really don't need more planes.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Blimey! - I normally see a small spike (10-20) in orders around payday each month, and approx 1 or 2 per day after, but nothing was happening last week then bang!!!
    Last few days 70+ models ordered.
    I imagine delivery times might be slow this week.

I was told to expect mine on 26 December......longer than I imagined it might be...

I believe I ordered a couple of your products... Thanks for all the great options you offer us

All the best,
    Matt

If the reports on their forums are representative, they've been estimating much longer delivery times than it is actually taking. Of course, with the increase in volume for the sale, perhaps their estimates are now closer to reality.

My delivery estimate is December 6th - around about normal.

Just have to wait and see.

I can't wait to see the goodies that you all bought.

Got an email yesterday that says my order will be delivered TODAY Dec.6th, as originally scheduled.

YAY!!!!!!!

I have a delivery coming on the 8th. A bunch of early war planes plus an interesting WW2 bird, Dornier Do 24T, a three engine flying boat. Besides Germany the Netherlands flew them. 37 flew in the Pacific and the Royal Australian Air Force acquired 6 after the Japanese occupied the Netherland East Indies. One guess where this bird is going?

Just found 4 planes I have from Shapeways. 2 I-153's and 2 He51's. I forgot all about them but while looking for something else, imagine that, I found them. So then I had to go to the Shapeways site and found some planes ,WWII, that might be nice to have. Didn't order them yet but thinking about it. That also gave me an idea about a "what if" this happened so now I have list for next month with Dave (AIM/planes) and Kevin (MISCMINI/decals).

Similar Missions

1. WSF Shapeways 15% off King's Day Sale!
    By Flying Helmut in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2017, 13:20
  2. General Shapeways flash sale.
    By Guntruck in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-08-2017, 14:52
  3. General Shapeways sale
    By Teaticket in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2017, 18:34
  4. General Shapeways First Timer Sale