Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shapeways sale

Default Shapeways sale

FYI everyone.... Cyber-Monday sale extended through Tuesday, use HAPPYMONDAY for 15% off.

I can't wait to see what you get and paint. Happy painting.

Good news if you missed it: they've extended into Tuesday. They're not likely to have many sales in the next year -- they found they were eating significantly into their already-slim profits, because people would just wait until a sale to buy. I wouldn't be surprised if this were the last one until next November.

Cyber Monday Sale Extended to Tuesday! Today and tomorrow only, take 15% off everything* on Shapeways.com. So fill your basket now and use code HAPPYMONDAY during checkout.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I took a mild plunge into those dangerous waters yesterday evening... Thanks for the sale info and update

All the best,
    Matt

take 15% off everything*

Exploring the * it says "15% off discount applies to a designer's own uploads and models in the Marketplace"

Is this for all customers, or only for designers buying their own designs?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

When I did it last night, at checkout I typed in the code and it gave me the discount...and I'm just a humble customer......I don't shop there nearly as much as I should...

Good luck with your purchasing, Tim!

All the best,
    Matt

Thanks Matt!

I received that email and thought it was just for designers. I have 9 Shapeways planes---3 Swordfish,3 Fulmars and 3 Nells. The rest of my 1/200 are AIM. I know many folks get their WWI planes at Shapeways and they do a great job on them. Hope to see the results of what you all get from them.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I received that email and thought it was just for designers. I have 9 Shapeways planes---3 Swordfish,3 Fulmars and 3 Nells. The rest of my 1/200 are AIM. I know many folks get their WWI planes at Shapeways and they do a great job on them. Hope to see the results of what you all get from them.
    Over the previous couple of weeks Shapeways gave designers only the discount on their own designs. I got those emails and initially got excited thinking it was for everyone until I fully read the email.

Then for Cyber-Monday let the rest of us in on it.

Just received an email from Shapeways and it said 15% discount good until 0300 Wednesday morning so there is still 11 hours left to order.

I just placed an order, and the 15% off went through with no trouble

Trouble is, I just added to my Shapeways pile

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Trouble is, I just added to my Shapeways pile
    Indeed a problem, Tim. I made a large order in anticipation of the price increase, so really don't need more planes.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Blimey! - I normally see a small spike (10-20) in orders around payday each month, and approx 1 or 2 per day after, but nothing was happening last week then bang!!!
    Last few days 70+ models ordered.
    I imagine delivery times might be slow this week.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I was told to expect mine on 26 December......longer than I imagined it might be...

I believe I ordered a couple of your products... Thanks for all the great options you offer us

All the best,
    Matt

If the reports on their forums are representative, they've been estimating much longer delivery times than it is actually taking. Of course, with the increase in volume for the sale, perhaps their estimates are now closer to reality.

My delivery estimate is December 6th - around about normal.

Just have to wait and see.

I can't wait to see the goodies that you all bought.

Got an email yesterday that says my order will be delivered TODAY Dec.6th, as originally scheduled.

YAY!!!!!!!

I have a delivery coming on the 8th. A bunch of early war planes plus an interesting WW2 bird, Dornier Do 24T, a three engine flying boat. Besides Germany the Netherlands flew them. 37 flew in the Pacific and the Royal Australian Air Force acquired 6 after the Japanese occupied the Netherland East Indies. One guess where this bird is going?

Just found 4 planes I have from Shapeways. 2 I-153's and 2 He51's. I forgot all about them but while looking for something else, imagine that, I found them. So then I had to go to the Shapeways site and found some planes ,WWII, that might be nice to have. Didn't order them yet but thinking about it. That also gave me an idea about a "what if" this happened so now I have list for next month with Dave (AIM/planes) and Kevin (MISCMINI/decals).

Since you all mentioned this I have been checking the SHAPEWAYS site and found a plane I am looking for so have to order 4 next week. Again this will be something different so stayed tune.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Since you all mentioned this I have been checking the SHAPEWAYS site and found a plane I am looking for so have to order 4 next week. Again this will be something different so stayed tune.
    Bob, you're a big tease.

Well I am going to order them next week so should get them sometime after the New Year. Let me just say that it an early war plane.

Well I am going to order them next week so should get them sometime after the New Year. Let me just say that it an early war plane.

Two of my planes had printing errors (one was missing a wheel and a machine gun, the other was missing a prop and a landing skid and a pair of interplane struts!) but all the others were great.

The "graininess" is better than previous orders; I anticipate having to not do as much preparation as before.

Two of my planes had printing errors (one was missing a wheel and a machine gun, the other was missing a prop and a landing skid and a pair of interplane struts!) but all the others were great.

The "graininess" is better than previous orders; I anticipate having to not do as much preparation as before.
    Whenever I have had issues like these they have replaced the models at no cost. The order I just put in I asked for 2 Dorand AR2s but only got 1 with a Sopwith Pup in the 2nds place. They are sending a replacement AR2 as I type. Their customer service is very good.

I've got an error, and an omission, in my order as well. Still need to reach out to customer service and get it all sorted out.

Indeed, beyond the pain of waiting for a second shipment, I've never had any problems getting them to supply a replacement plane when there was a misprint or incorrect delivery. (I've still got a Morane-Saulnier BB somewhere from a case where they put the wrong plane in the shipment.)

Now, there should be 18 different planes in the box sitting next to me... let's see what arrived...

All looked good in my order except they sent two Siemens-Schuckert D.III's instead of one D.III and one D.IV. Now, I wonder if there's someone out there that ordered a D.III and got my D.IV instead? In any case, I'm sure they'll send a re-print.

I've had errors with around half of my orders, but Customer Services has always made good at no extra cost.

This has left me with a few planes useful for spare parts, or sometimes complete models I didn't originally order!

It happens so frequently, though, that I wonder whether a tighter Quality Assurance program might save enough money that they did not need to raise their prices this time.

It happens so frequently, though, that I wonder whether a tighter Quality Assurance program might save enough money that they did not need to raise their prices this time.
    Absolutely agree! In my job (receiving for a grocery store), one of my prime jobs involves reducing shrink.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Just placed a small order with Shapeways. Now I have to review the way you all seal them.

Shapeways are sending reprints of the two incomplete planes at no cost.

Result!

My Shapeways order will be here next week so I have to get an order in to Dave (AIM) for planes and Kevin (MISCMINI) for decals. The planes and decals will help for the project I have in mind. Will order them next month so that project may be for Feb since I have a few planes to get done next month.

Well home from being with family and there was my Shapeways package. Great. I open it up and look to see the goodies I ordered. Well I ordered 2 of 1 model and there was only one of it. so just sent them an email. The planes I did get look great so they are next months project. Hope the get the others to me as soon as they did the first order.

Customer service is great but quality control is not so. I've had several orders where they have sent new planes to replace faulty ones, good. This last order they sent me a Pup instead of an AR2. I asked for the missing AR2 and I quickly received an email saying they would do so. When I opened the package I had a pair of AR1s! Oh well. I did end up with 2 free planes.

Received an email from them and they asked for a picture for Quality Control. I told them was not the problem but the order wasn't complete. I told them I orders 2 and they only sent 1. Since it is late I hope to see something tomorrow.

Their request for photos seems to be a stock answer to emails highlighting problems.

I have previously told them it is not possible to photograph a model which is not there (!). They have always replaced the missing model.

I've had a plane or two that was misshapen, missing the undercarriage, missing the rudder... I sent photos of those planes. Missing planes, good luck taking photos of those!

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Just received notice that mine have been shipped - should receive them sometime soon, I hope...

All the best,
    Matt

Well looks like I am going round and round with them. The first email they asked for a photo of the product for the production teams to see. I emailed back that there is no problem with the model but that the order was short 1 product. Now I receive an email that they want a picture of the package so this doesn't happen again. I sent back that the shipment was just short on one product. The plane I ordered come x2 in a package so I ordered 2 packs to have 4 planes. I guess I just have to place another order.

Bob - send them a photo of the ziplock bag with two planes in it, plus the ziplock bag with one plane in it, next to the contents strip listing twin-pack x 2

Like this -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161225_104746.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	259774

They'll sort it, don't worry and don't reorder!

Well just received another email and they are making an exception to reprint the plane I ordered. I did send them a copy of the slip that was with the order. Now getting frustrated by this I just said that I will take pictures when I take the box out of the mailbox, when I bring it in the house, when I open it and when I take everything out. If they think that I am trying to cheat them out of $7.29 I am sorry for that.
    Years ago I bought some packs of a game that Mongoose Pub did. One of the trucks was missing a wheel. I emailed them to see if I could just get a wheel for the one that was missing. A week later I had a pack of 3 new models. I have had other actions with other companies and never had any problem like this.

Well, my two replacement planes arrived today.

One is perfect.

The other is missing the same pair of struts as the error plane, and also missing the prop, as was on the first go-around. The landing skid IS present now, but the wings are warped and droop down where the missing struts should be.

I'll just ask them to do it AGAIN!!!!

That's absolutely frustrating. I remember emailing the company who manufactures A&A (can't remember off the top of my head) about being short pieces for their WWI game and they sent a whole bunch free of charge and asked if I needed more to contact them again. No pictures or anything were required, maybe it was a common problem but nonetheless, should trust your customer especially if they haven't had any/many claims in the past.

Edit: this was directed at Bob's post earlier, failed to put it in quotes).

I ordered 19 planes for Black Friday and their only mistake was sending two Siemens-Schuckert D.IIIs instead of one D.III and one D.IV. I contact them and a few days later the D.IV was in the mail, and it arrived with no problems. Sorry to hear their quality control is falling down... I suspect they had a huge holiday rush and they're more prone to mistakes.

Well my missing pack is in the mail so should get them next week then my project begins. As with other things I have done (Finns. Chinese, Dutch) something different. Decals should be here tomorrow so I can get 2 of the planes (along with the 8 others I have painted) done this weekend.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Well, my order arrived today, and everything was fine! A small order, to be sure - 3 planes (two ground attack and one seaplane) and 3 balloon baskets/lines - but all is well in matt56land as far as Shapeways goes. The planes are all FUD (my favorite 'brand'), and they look great

All the best,
    Matt

My missing planes came today. I can't believe the size of the box they sent it in. 1 small pack with 2 planes and the box could hold 20 packs.

How did the balloons turn out? And are they expensive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WSF Shapeways 15% off King's Day Sale!
    By Flying Helmut in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2017, 12:20
  2. General Shapeways flash sale.
    By Guntruck in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-08-2017, 13:52
  3. General Shapeways sale
    By Teaticket in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2017, 17:34
  4. General Shapeways First Timer Sale