Ares Games

Thread: Possible Targets

Default Possible Targets

Whilst searching on the internet I came across a company called Historical Board Gaming. They sell small plastic military pieces for board wargames like Axis and Allies - the board game. They are mainly WW2 pieces but they have some for WW1 and post WW2. I thought that some might possibly be used as targets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eu40_ruac_thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	258479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eu40_gebat_thumbnail.jpg 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	258480Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eu40_geat_thumbnail.jpg 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	258481Click image for larger version. 

Name:	us-ap-eu40-2_thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	258482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greyfactory_thumbnail.jpg 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	258483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot2011-07-03at112147pm_thumbnail.jpg 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	258484

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com
    Last edited by Naharaht; 11-26-2018 at 00:24.

Certainly cheaper than many of the metal kits.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice find. I like the little flak gun.

Yes!

The Flak gun for sure................

Thanks for posting the link!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Useful. Thanks for posting.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thanks for the link: I can use this for an A&A variant game that's in my head
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I have been buying thigs from them for a few years now. Sometimes they are out of stock on some things so you have to check weekly to see what they have. For BoB games they make a radar tower you could use as a target. And as stated they are cheap.

Just got my copy of Cruel seas today, the boats would make good targets though they are in 1/600 scale I think.

1: 600 looks fine perspective wise unless you intend to land on them Ken.
    Have a look at my Malta Convoy AAR in the solo Campaign.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Just got my copy of Cruel seas today, the boats would make good targets though they are in 1/600 scale I think.
    "Cruel Seas" is scaled at 1/300, twice as big as 1/600
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

My copy arrived yesterday but was anschlussed as a Christmas pressie by SWMBO, so I didn’t get a chance to see if the rules and other gubbins will easily lend themselves to 1/600 scale. Will have to wait and see after Chrimbo.
    Last edited by Guntruck; 12-09-2018 at 09:24.

Nice find David

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Sweet, these will come in handy. I love the AA guns.

Yep, looked it over last night..It was 1/300 scale, my bad. But a nice match for WoG stuff. The bigger fleet boxes do come with metal planes in 1/200 though. Corsair for the US, Stuka for Germany, Val for Japan, Falco for Italy, Bristol Beaufighter Mk Ic for Britain, and Il-2 Sturmovik for Russia.

And a target
    Attachment 259129

Down side is the first release is missing some vital parts to the box. I got shorted all my ship flag sheets, ship data cards, and small and medium wake counters making it unplayable at this point. Fully expect them to make it good and see that future print runs are checked closer. Warlords has always been good about that.

Now to figure out how to combine WoG with the ship game. It will work better and make more sense then War Lords plane game will. HMMM...make range templates for the ship guns giving them longer range and figure out what damage decks work with what weapons mounts. Leave the hull points as they are for ships as they are close enough to work.....mumble mumble....hmmmm..will get back on this one. May need to also allow the planes 3 moves to the ships one or reduce the speed of the ships so they do not outrun the planes.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-09-2018 at 12:20.

Looks like Cruel Seas might be another game to get. I know someone will come up how to combine this game with WoG.

Ken I just looked at their site and they have a download for WAKE markers. Also a YOUTUBE of the game (1+hour).

Yep, looked it over last night..It was 1/300 scale, my bad. But a nice match for WoG stuff. The bigger fleet boxes do come with metal planes in 1/200 though. Corsair for the US, Stuka for Germany, Val for Japan, Falco for Italy, Bristol Beaufighter Mk Ic for Britain, and Il-2 Sturmovik for Russia.

And a target
    Attachment 259129

Down side is the first release is missing some vital parts to the box. I got shorted all my ship flag sheets, ship data cards, and small and medium wake counters making it unplayable at this point. Fully expect them to make it good and see that future print runs are checked closer. Warlords has always been good about that.

Now to figure out how to combine WoG with the ship game. It will work better and make more sense then War Lords plane game will. HMMM...make range templates for the ship guns giving them longer range and figure out what damage decks work with what weapons mounts. Leave the hull points as they are for ships as they are close enough to work.....mumble mumble....hmmmm..will get back on this one. May need to also allow the planes 3 moves to the ships one or reduce the speed of the ships so they do not outrun the planes.
    Regards your missing pieces, you don't actually need any of them to play. Everything you need is in the book

Thanks for the heads-up on that Ken. I need to check mine before ‘er indoors wraps mine for Xmas.

Cruel Seas is aptly named... oh the cruelty inflicted on wallets everywhere!

Models look wonderful, though.

Looking like more then mine got shorted from the 6 my hobby store had. Really looks like it was rushed before Christmas and quality control screwed up badly.

As for missing stuff, all the info is in the book. Will still have to scratch build up cards and refigure out the gun arcs that are NOT in the book. Already downloaded the wake cards from the web site and REALLY need the flags for my ships. Have faith things will get sorted out though. Even thinking of taking photos and doing a how to article for their website. Been a few years since they have posted anything of mine.

Similar Missions

1. More targets for WWI & WWII
    By Burt in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-03-2014, 16:15
  2. Targets
    By Ragnar200 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2014, 13:21
  3. our new bombing targets 2
    By sirosis o liver in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13