Ares Games

Thread: movement deck for me 262

Hybrid View

Default movement deck for me 262

hello everyone just wondering if any one has suggestions for a 262 maneuver deck as I am planning to convert ssome resin models for use in the game

thanks

There isn't a dedicated Me262 deck Daniel but if you PM Sven (Marechallannes), Andrzej (Nightbomber), or Steve (Guntruck) they'll be able to give you a steer as they've all worked on using the Me262 in WGS. You may have this info or seen these threads already:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ght=me262+deck
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ght=me262+deck

"He is wise who watches"

I'm working on this project now, actually. Running into issues, as "Thrust" (jets) is different than "Power" (prop planes)
    I'm still sorting out the fruit salad.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

like to know when you have sorted out the fruit salad because I am getting some 262's for the game

Quote Originally Posted by the black devil View Post
    like to know when you have sorted out the fruit salad because I am getting some 262's for the game
    I will certainly post a thread in House Rules. I'll see what tomorrow looks like; I think I will nee the diversion from......things.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

This pdf file has been around in the House Rules section for some tlme now and there are some plane cards available in the files as well. I`ve been thinking about doing some rule cards and maybe a custom deck based of them myself for the Gloster Meteor. https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...o=file&id=2571
    I like the rules for engine flameout and gun jamming for the 262 but think it should be allowed at least one sideslip myself. Might be worthwhile doing a custom deck which incorporates the booster card into it.
    Last edited by Rabbit 3; 11-27-2018 at 12:55.

I think the in-flight engine damage rule a bit harsh; the Jumo 004s were unreliable due to inadequate materials, but this was more of a short service life rather than a "lets explode in combat" issue.
    The flameout issue is a good rule; I'm thinking it would be an issue for the Meteor too, yes?
    The jamming of the Mk.108 is an interesting rule, but IMO, should only be rolled for if the plane made a high-G maneuver the turn of firing, say a 45 degree turn or such. The same gun had these problems in the Fw-190, but not as much in the Bf-109s.
    The bigger problem with them, as has been discussed in other threads on cannons, is it's low MV and poor ballistics. This is where the WoG engine breaks down: all MGs are not the same, and all Cannon are really not the same!
    I would allow the Mk.108 short ranged fire only, and half effect against fighters. It was a bomber-buster, pure and simple, and while any single hit against a fighter would probably be a kill, getting one was very difficult.
    Karl

I have a maneuver deck that some one sent me. Sorry, I don't remember who.

Similar Missions

1. California Anyone know where to get the P Movement Deck
    By Legendmaker in forum US Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2017, 06:31
  2. What is the best movement deck for Vickers FB5?
    By Mike George in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 00:20
  3. Movement deck for the Spitfire.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 00:53
  4. Nexus WW II miniature with wrong movement deck
    By Marechallannes in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 13:30
  5. B17 and B24 Movement Deck