Ares Games

Thread: Nieuport Ni-11 to Ni-16

Default Nieuport Ni-11 to Ni-16

Cheers!

I want to transform an Ares' Nieuport Ni-11 into a Nieuport Ni-16

In addition to the headrest for the pilot, what other differences should I have to take into account that would be visible at this scale?

thanks

A larger aperture in front of the "horse shoe" cowling is all I can find but that may be more effort than it's worth.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Looking at my N16's that came with the balloon sets Flash is correct. The paint job and finish on the Balloon N16's looks a lot better than the Ares N11's too.

From Wikipedia:

“In 1916 an improved version appeared as the Nieuport 16, which was a strengthened Nieuport 11 airframe powered by a 110 hp (92 kW) Le Rhône 9Jrotary engine.[2] Visible differences included a larger aperture in front of the "horse shoe" cowling and a headrest for the pilot.[3] Later versions had a fuselage-mounted synchronized Vickers gun, but in this configuration the combined effect of the heavier 9J engine and the Vickers gun compromised maneuverability[3] and made the craft nose-heavy. The Nieuport 16 was an interim type pending the delivery of the slightly larger Nieuport 17 C.1 which was designed for the heavier engine and machine gun with a new, full-perimeter ring cowl, and remedied the 16's balance problems, as well as improving performance.[4]

Two more Nieuport 16 models will be available when the Tripods and Triplanes arrive.

When the more powerful engines became available some were mounted on the N11 air frames. Authors debate whether they were still called N11s or N16s. Like Dave, I do not distinct between the two. One day they or N11s and another they are N16s.

Similar Missions

1. Nieuport 24 : Nieuport 27
    By Пилот in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 04:46
  2. WGF Nieuport 28
    By crashx in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2013, 00:12
  3. Converting a Nieuport 16 to a Nieuport 11
    By Baldrick62 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 29