Ares Games

Thread: Bristol Scout on the Telly Box

Default Bristol Scout on the Telly Box

A prog on PBS America (Ch 160 on Sky) 9pm Monday 19th November (and at other times if you search on it)
    Bristol Scout: Rebuilding History
    The story of rebuilding Grandad's aircraft - the machine we've seen many pictures of.

taken by Tom Gotobed

More here: https://bristolscout.wordpress.com/

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Thank you for the 'heads up', Dave. I can watch PBS America using my HD Freeview box. It is Channel 94.
    Last edited by Naharaht; 11-20-2018 at 18:41.

Another interesting piece to watch, although I will only be able to get the ITV bit, not having Freeview.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I have Freeview built-in to my TV, but don't recall seeing PBS America............
    I'll have a look tonight when I get in.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

You need a High Definition Freeview box, Tim. However, it is possible that you may be able to watch the programme on 'catch up', if you go to My5 on the internet. They currently have a programme on the bombing of Germany in their PBS America section.

The programme is being repeated today (Tuesday 20th) on PBS at 9.55 a.m. and 2.50 p.m..

Building that Bristol Scout was a tremendous achievement. I wonder how many people you know, who would spend fourteen years and overcome all the problems they faced. Also, the programme revealed an aspect of the air war, which is not widely known, namely the activities of the R.N.A.S. squadrons based on Greek islands in the Dardanelles campaign.

Quite right Dave.
    I had never seen anything appertaining to this area of air warfare previously.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice little story of this family's journey with this wonderful machine, would like to have seen a little more about the build but great to hear the voice of their Grandad talking about his time in the RFC.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Another nice Pic of that Bristol Scout!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-17-2017, 01:16
  2. Bristol Scout Video
    By A0S in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-04-2016, 05:47
  3. WSF Bristol Scout, A & B gun
    By Womble in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 18:55
  4. Bristol Scout