Ares Games

Thread: PAWS & Exeter Legionary

Default PAWS & Exeter Legionary

The dates for these two events are now on the calendar for 2019.

The Plymouth, Devon, show is on the 2nd and 3rd February 2019. I'll post further details nearer the time but I'm not sure if I can make this one myself. If I do it will probably be to help out with a club game which is more than likely to be something other than Wings. But if anyone is particularly keen for the Drome to have representation, I'll see what I can drum up.

Exeter Legionary is a one day event, on Saturday 11th May 2019. I have already booked a table for a WW1 wings participation event. It would be great to see the usual gang if you can make it Again, further details nearer the day or earlier if requested.

Chau for now,

Mike

Might be able to make Legionary Mike - could be a bit busy for PAWS though I will let you know nearer the time.

"He is wise who watches"

Vapnartak ties me up for PAWs Mike, Legionary only if I'm in the area and not in Canada!
    See you on the Dark Side......

I guess it might be a little bit of a round trip if you happen to be in Canada at the time Neil

Might be able to make Legionary Mike
    Would be good to see you there Dave

Update on both of these events.
    Re PAWS:
    Plymouth Association of Wargamers (PAW) present their annual wargames and hobby show PAW2019. Tournaments, traders, participation games, demonstration games , our world famous Bring and Buy stall, onsite canteen and loads of free parking.
    When?
    Saturday, February 2nd 2019 10:00am. (Looks like a one day only show this year).
    Where?
    YMCA Plymouth
    Honicknowle Lane Plymouth Plymouth PL5 3 United Kingdom

Sadly I really cannot make this one due to other commitments, so, as far as I know, there will be no Wings representation there. I'll try to do the show again next year though.

Re Exeter Legionary: The date of Saturday 11th May 2019 is confirmed and I have now booked an 8ft x 6ft playing surface for a WW1 participation game or four, plus an extra table for display purposes. Just two free tickets for those putting on the games, so names please. I'll pay for a ticket for myself if two or more members wish to attend. Although I have said WW1, this can be added to or changed according to member's preferences - I only have to let the organisers know as soon as possible. So if you have any suggestions/ideas for games you would like to put on, just let me know. I can provide enough WW1 and WW2 kit if Tim cannot make it this time, but I cannot put on T & T games as nothing has been forthcoming from the Kickstarter programme as yet. In any case, from a personal point of view I really do prefer WW1.

Sails is another possibility but that would require two more volunteers and another table, which I haven't yet mentioned to the organisers. If someone out there wishes to volunteer for this I'd be only to happy to advise them.
    Take care all,
    Mike

Might be able to do Legionary again but will have to wait until nearer the time before I can commit. If I work hard enough swmbo may let me out for a day !

"He is wise who watches"

PAWS is out, but Legionary might be a goer.

Will confirm when my Spring/Summer work rosta firms up.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. South England Exeter Legionary - 12th May 2018
    By mikeemagnus in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-14-2018, 12:09
  2. National Wings of Glory at Legionary, Exeter
    By Green Goblin in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 04:19