Ares Games

Thread: Just seen this in Smiffs

Default Just seen this in Smiffs

One of WH Smith's specials - Luftwaffe Bombers. I think this is new.

130 pages with lots of colour profiles of the usual suspects - Do17, Ju87, FW190,Hs129, Do217, Ju188, He111, Hs 123, Bf109, Ju88, Me262 and Ar234.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Oooooh, I'll be wanting a copy of that.............!

Thanks for the heads-up
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Weekend buy me thinks. Cheers Steve.
    See you on the Dark Side......

As I will not be able to get to a Smiths in the near future I thought 'Buy it online' but it does not appear on their web site.
    Blast, blast, blast!

Lovely books, but most of these contain 'profile' views, not 'plan' (top-down) views.

So much less room taken up in the book, and the majority of the specific planes' markings are on the sides, not top, as well.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

What is it with WW2 books in general.

Osprey do some top downs in their WWI series, but hardly anything in the WWII series.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    As I will not be able to get to a Smiths in the near future I thought 'Buy it online' but it does not appear on their web site.
    Blast, blast, blast!
    www.classicmagazines.co.uk/the bookshelf will do it Reg.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thank you for telling us about this, Steve. There are also some other new series of aircraft magazines starting now. I saw a magazine i n W.H.Smithsabout the Spitfire yesterday and a series about aircraft of the R.A.F. which includes a plastic model in each issue. The first issue has a 1/72 scale Spitfire Vb.