Ares Games
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OTT Daring Young Men Campaign 1916

So here's the pre 1916 lot, most everything on your entire list plus some. Will get a list together soon . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181128_125644.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	258641

And bombers . . .

Name:	20181128_125412.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	258642

Did they actually have that many pre 1916 Dave?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Pete, those seem like good odds to me. The Bulldogs will need all the advantages they can muster.

Bring it on........

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Did they actually have that many pre 1916 Dave?
    Rob.
    Lots of multiples, 3 - 5 each type. You know how it is with elves, can't just do one . . .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Check the OTT sheet, Baz.

Hint: 6 to 2 in favour of Bulldogs
    Thanks for that Heads Up Pete.
    I was not aware Dave had already added so much detail for the new campaign.

Re the wind
    Complication too far.
    Ok agreed Dave. I'll forget that one then

So here's the pre 1916 lot
    Dave (Clipper) that is simply awesome

Default Your Country Needs You !

I am still in the process of roster creation - if you want to join the Bulldogs or Eagles then PM me your choice, your pilot & crew names. Notify me which pilot you will fly as.
    (6 fighter pilots (plus 2 observers if using 2 FB5 types) & 2 tandem crews).
    I'm still looking for volunteers for scenarios - have a look in the DYM sticky & let me know.
    Last edited by flash; 12-01-2018 at 10:46.

"He is wise who watches"

AWESOME collection of early birds!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I am still in the process of roster creation - if you want to join the Bulldogs or Eagles then PM me your choice, your pilot & crew names
    (6 fighter pilots (plus 2 observers if using 2 FB5 types) & 2 tandem crews).
    I'm still looking for volunteers for scenarios - have a look in the DYM sticky & let me know.
    Dave I'm moving house early in the new year but if you're ok to cut me a little slack due to youth and inexperience I'll have a go at a scenario in either June or July, you choose, if I don't get too many complaints then I'm happy to do one later in the year as well.

I will pm names for pilots, just a bit busy at the moment.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    ...I will pm names for pilots, just a bit busy at the moment....
    Know the feeling John - I will pencil you in for June; hope the move goes smoothly.

"He is wise who watches"

That'll be the start Mike - I was going to slide it along a bit but thought we'll probably get to that anyway !

Oncle already exists ...
    Attachment 258119

Oom was a little harder
    Attachment 258120
    Shouldnt that be Tonton for the French , looks the part does Mr Reno
    Last edited by tikkifriend; 11-30-2018 at 07:01.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I have no idea Paul - he can be if the French Bulldogs prefer.
    for some reason the name made me think of this....
    Ey up Tonto !

"He is wise who watches"

Welcome to Sam (Zenlizard) who has just signed up for OTT as an Eagle - welcome to the madness that is solo gaming.

"He is wise who watches"

Tonton is the familiar name for uncle in France. Isn't that a John Smith advert u from days gone by

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Lots of multiples, 3 - 5 each type. You know how it is with elves, can't just do one . . .
    Crazy impressive, Dave! Looks like your air force would rival that of any nation at the beginning of the war!

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Crazy impressive, Dave! Looks like your air force would rival that of any nation at the beginning of the war!
    My cunning plan is to provide a library of minis to those who want to play along who cannot buy them. Most are Shapeways products . . . PM for info! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    My cunning plan is to provide a library of minis to those who want to play along who cannot buy them. Most are Shapeways products . . . PM for info! Cheers!
    That is... fantastically generous.

Dave, a most impressive early war fleet and a more impressive offer to be an airplane library for campaign action!

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    That is... fantastically generous.
    Why does that not surprise me.
    Rob.

Welcome to Sam (Zenlizard) who has just signed up for OTT as an Eagle - welcome to the madness that is solo gaming.
    Welcome, Sam. You have beefed up der Adler by 50%
    Been too long since those Skype days with Neil and Paul at Mike’s.

Thumbs up

Great to see Sam join the German Ranks!
    I know Carl will also be joining but he is busy with Police Work at the moment with the Bushfires up in Qld.

Clipper Dave's generosity deserves big chunks of REP!

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Tonton is the familiar name for uncle in France. Isn't that a John Smith advert u from days gone by
    Yes it is, always used to crack me up. Tonto was the name of the dog & he always went to the pub with his master - one night the wife took him for his evening walk & he dragged her straight into the pub ! My sister had a Jack Russell & he reminded me of Tonto, such a character.
    Watch this from 3.52 ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVY6p6zdkI
    John Smith's did some great ads watch the modern versions with Peter Kay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15l3...=RDUuVY6p6zdkI

"He is wise who watches"

Welcome to Sam (Zenlizard) who has just signed up for OTT as an Eagle
    Cheers Sam - welcome aboard

Yes it is, always used to crack me up. Tonto was the name of the dog & he always went to the pub with his master - one night the wife took him for his evening walk & he dragged her straight into the pub ! My sister had a Jack Russell & he reminded me of Tonto, such a character.
    Watch this from 3.52 ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVY6p6zdkI
    John Smith's did some great ads watch the modern versions with Peter Kay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15l3...=RDUuVY6p6zdkI
    Don't make them like that any more sadly

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Pilots have been posted to my squadron. Now all I need are a few early war kites to complement the ones I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    Pilots have been posted to my squadron. Now all I need are a few early war kites to complement the ones I have.
    Liaise with Clipper Dale, he may be able to help you out.

"He is wise who watches"

Question Need some Manoeuvre Decks!

G'day Chaps.
    I need a couple of XB & G plus one XC decks for the new campaign.
    I can either trade or buy if you can help me out.
    To see what I have to trade take a look at my post in the Buy, Sell or Trade section.

Fraid I cant help this time Baz. Those decks are like rocking horse to get hold of. I'm even having to share between aircraft myself.
    Rob.

Baz, (and others) I can send you a scan of each deck if you don't mind printing your own. I gave up trying to find decks I need for all my Shapeways and AIM planes so I just print my own. I put my printed cards in sleeves, works for me. If you'd care to try this out PM me your email address and I'll get the scans to you.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 12-09-2018 at 14:12.

I can scan also. Plus I gave copies of those Guntruck did. PM sent.

I can scan also. Plus I gave copies of those Guntruck did. PM sent.
    What Neil said - Recently got hold of a boxed set of "Flight of the Giants" from Germany (fleabay) which has all of the X* decks, and Guntruck let me have his G deck files - so can share via e mail - printing and lamination is the way I go, but sleeves sounds just fine too.

Hi Folks,

Do you have room for another player?
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Hi Folks,

We most certainly do.
    Speaking for the bunch - Welcome, Eric.

Hi Folks,

Welcome back! I do have many early birds in my lending library if you guys need any ��

Thumbs up

Hi Folks,

Would be great to see you back in the Sky Eric.
    Welcome to the Front.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Baz, (and others) I can send you a scan of each deck if you don't mind printing your own. I gave up trying to find decks I need for all my Shapeways and AIM planes so I just print my own. I put my printed cards in sleeves, works for me. If you'd care to try this out PM me your email address and I'll get the scans to you.
    Thanks for your very kind offer Pete however Neil & Mike have PM'd me & arrangements are under way.
    Again for your kind offer.

The best news I have had for weeks Eric.
    Great to have you back as a player, at the same time as I am about to make my own comeback.

Rob.

Hi Folks,

Great talking with you and Sue tonight brother. Glad you've taken the plunge again. Be great flying in a campaign with you again.

Plenty of room on the Eagles bench.

Neil

and the Eagles are 5!

Welcome Eric.

Welcome aboard Eric. The more the merrier

OK, well I'm confused,
    Eric hasn't actually got back to me and decided to join the campaign yet !

"He is wise who watches"

He's on the roster sheet.

In response to orders from the Geordie RAF to report to the HQ:Eagles, I will do my best to nail those Bulldogs.

Of course, being of Italian decent, I reserve the right to switch sides if the Entente looks like it will win.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

So to all those who were interested in aircraft for this campaign from the lend lease library, could you please re PM me with your needs, I have lost track of the responses due to some elves playing with my PM account . . .they have been dealt with, but the requests were scrambled. List the mini(s) you need and I will follow up with photos if you send me your email. All the minis come with pegs for standard if you need cards, bases and pegs let me know as well. Cost on loans is return postage only. Cheers!

Name:	20181128_125644_resized.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	259176

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    He's on the roster sheet.
    Don't believe everything you read Neil - I keep telling people - Until Jan 1st first it's still under construction... For instance it shows me as a Bulldog...
    As it happens Eric has opted to be a box head too so welcome back to the fray Eric

"He is wise who watches"

Hi Dave,

I will give the new campaign a run, after all I surely won't be as busy next year as this year!?!

I will fly for the Hun again, roster will be forwarded via PM.

I have a few French birds that need some table time so I will be confining my activities to the Verdun Front and give the jolly Old Bulldogs a break

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Hi Dave,

I will give the new campaign a run, after all I surely won't be as busy next year as this year!?!

I will fly for the Hun again, roster will be forwarded via PM.

I have a few French birds that need some table time so I will be confining my activities to the Verdun Front and give the jolly Old Bulldogs a break
    I shall shake out some Frogs for you Carl & look forward to your PM

"He is wise who watches"

and Carl makes 6.

Default Proposed modifications to the Medals and Awards tables for the 1916 campaign

Given this campaign is set in early 1916 perhaps we should consider resetting the Medals and Awards to reflect the number of victories required in those early days of 1916. For example the Blue Max was up until mid 1916 awarded for just eight victories compared to the 16 required in early 1917 and the 20-25 in 1918. For the Germans also there were no wound badges until March 1918, and the Military Merit Cross was not awarded until October 1916, so there are a few less awards Dave has to worry about tracking!

Proposed modified table for the Imperial German Air Service below:

KILLS/2 SEATER MISSIONS RANKS AWARDS
    1/1 All Flugzeugführerabzeichen (Pilots Badge - PB) or Beobachterabzeichen (Observers Badge - OB)
    2/3 All Eisernes Kreuz II.Klasse (iron Cross Second Class)
    4/6 All Eisernes Kreuz I.Klasse (Iron Cross First Class)
    5/8 Officers only Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern des Hausordens von Hohenzollern (Knights Cross of the House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords
    8/12 Enlisted only Militär-St.-Heinrichs-Medaille (Military Medal of St Henry)
    8/12 Officers only Ritterkreuz des Militär-St. Heinrichs-Ordens (Knights Cross of the Military Order of St Henry)
    10/15 Officers only Orden Pour le Merite (Blue Max)

If this is acceptable I can put something similar together for the RFC and the Aéronautique Militaire.
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 12-17-2018 at 02:09.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Sticky: OTT Daring Young Men (DYM) Campaign Rules
    By flash in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-16-2018, 03:06
  2. Campaign ideas for Young Players
    By PaulW in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 02:55
  3. Ypres Campaign 1916-18
    By petitbilbo in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions