Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honours and awards.

Thumbs up

Dave certainly deserved this medal for all the "Back Room" work he takes on with the OTT campaigns. I cant imagine how much time it would take.
    Just look at the Overview for the new DYM campaign alone plus all the spreadsheet recording & checking on AAR results!

Lets hear it for Dave! Hip Hip Hooray!

Many congratulations, Dave, on a richly deserved award!

Keeping it clean I'll say "Blimey" !
    Thanks Rob & Keith for the honour and the rest of you chaps for your kind words. I'm touched but most of you knew that already.
    I will continue as normal, hopefully once I'm settled in to my new base of operations I hope to set someting up at Entoyment for local or passing flyers on a regular basis as well as support local events and Entoyment itself ... they do Tankfest, what can I say !!

"He is wise who watches"

Congratulations and best wishes Dave for this well deserved award.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    On behalf of Oberst Hajj, it gives me the greatest of pleasure to announce the Award of the most prestigious medal awarded to those members that go above and beyond their duty to support the site and community.

Attachment 257945

This medal has been awarded to Colonel Skafloc and Major Hedeby for their unstinting efforts throughout four years of warfare to produce the many editions of the Sniper's Times news sheet through thick and thin, without fail, up to the very hour of the Armistice.
    There are only 19 other recipients of this award in the history of the Drome.

F.O. Kyte. (Wing Commander).
    I don't understand how I have managed to miss this post.
    Belated but sincere congratulations to you both on this well deserved award.

It is very infrequently that I have to publish a Promotion to Squadron Leader, but following Dave's pending escape to the country the post of Squadron Leader Southern Command has become vacant.
    After due consideration by the High Command it gives me the greatest of pleasure to announce that Tim (Flying Helmut) has accepted the Rank, and from the time of publication of this notification will assume the responsibility for the South of England.
    Congratulations Tim. Not before time and you will be relieved to know that this position requires absolutely no sails whatsoever.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Congratulations Tim, a well deserved promotion. Carry on sah !

"He is wise who watches"

Well done Tim. I know you will keep the ship on a steady course
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I don't understand how I have managed to miss this post.
    Belated but sincere congratulations to you both on this well deserved award.
    What he said. - I must be completely blind or just plain senile. Well done Dave - another thoroughly deserved award. Enjoy

Tim, what can I say - again a thoroughly deserved promotion. Congratulations. The ship won't just be kept on a steady course, I'm sure it will sail along at a steady rate of knots. Hard act to follow but the right man for the tiller

Congrats, Tim! Well deserved... though a gong would have entailed a lot less work in the future!

Really pleased for you Tim, I know you've given me some helpful advice and been very generous with your time, but you bring a huge amount to the forum and this is well deserved.

Nice one Tim . Well deserved.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

(congratulatory head bobs) all around to those concerned!

Congratulations, Tim.
    Very well-deserved indeed.

Congrats Tim. Bloody well deserved if I may say!

Mind with Tims collection of planes he should be an Air Commodore

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Mind with Tims collection of planes he should be an Air Commodore
    Beers in Prague for that post as arranged

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Mind with Tim's collection of planes he should be an Air Commodore
    Hang on a minute Paul, even I don't get there until WW2.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Many Congratulations, Tim! You will be a great Squadron Leader.

Well done and well deserved Tim. With your steady hand on the tiller I am sure the good ship South East Command will have fair winds for you to sail a steady course.

Unofficial UK QM to South East England Squadron leader you have big boots to fill and I'm sure you will do so with honour, integrity and determination.

Neil (I know another pint owed in the mess and another for taking care of the Aspidistra admirably.....that is not another sails reference I might add.).
    See you on the Dark Side......

Wot he said

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Congrats Tim on your promotion, well done that man, deservedly so.

big boots to fill
    Neil, are you sure you don't mean waders. Or are we on the wrong tack there? Sorry, just a silly jibe Tim.

I was going to but 'boats' but I thought that was going a 'barge' to far.

Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Neil, are you sure you don't mean waders. Or are we on the wrong tack there? Sorry, just a silly jibe Tim.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Congratulations Tim, so very well deserved for all you put into the Aerodrome community, not just in the south but up and down the country at shows and other get togethers.
    I Salute you Sir!

Lest we forget

Many thanks for the back-slapping, chaps.

Since Dave is irreplaceable, I'll just have to not try to replace him, but instead put my own slant on things in Southern Command.
    I'm chuffed that the High Command have recommended me for the promotion, and I'll do my very best to justify their faith in me.

Hope to get back to routine ops as soon as.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Site: Awards Adjutant
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 11:14
  2. Origins Awards
    By jbmacek in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 13:38
  3. Awards for conventions or Campaigns
    By Pooh in forum Hobby Room