Ares Games

Thread: Basic flight stands.

Default Basic flight stands.

I can't seem to order Basic Flight stands. Whenever I put it in the Cart it gives me a Caproni stand at $5.
    Anyone else experiencing this anomaly. Ordering Sails stuff seems to work just fine.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rob,

What was because they were out of stock. The new site only shows the options that are in stock at the time. I've restocked them for you however.

Thanks Chief.
    I will get my order in tomorrow.
    Rob.

I haven't ordered anything from store as I thought the postage from us to uk would be prohibitive, was I wrong about that.
    Thanks
    Mark

I find the postage OK as long as you keep below the amount for Customs charges to be inflicted upon you. You then get an added £8 handling charge from Parcel Farce for making you go and collect it yourself!
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I find the postage OK as long as you keep below the amount for Customs charges to be inflicted upon you. You then get an added £8 handling charge from Parcel Farce for making you go and collect it yourself!
    Rob.
    Thanks Rob
    What is that limit as I'm guessing it's not that high.
    Thanks
    Mark

Hi Mark.

VAT.

You pay VAT on goods sent from non-European Union (EU) countries and EU special territories (eg the Canary Islands) if they’re:

• gifts worth more than £39
    • other goods worth more than £15
    • alcohol, tobacco products and fragrances (eg perfume, eau de toilette and cologne) of any value

You have to pay VAT on all goods sent by mail order from the Channel Islands no matter what their value.

You’ll be charged at the VAT rate that applies to your goods. VAT is charged on the total value, including:

• the price paid for the goods
    • postage, packaging and insurance
    • any duty you owe

Customs Duty.

You’ll be charged Customs Duty on gifts and other goods sent from outside the EU if they’re above a certain value.
    The value includes:

• the price paid for the goods
    • postage, packaging and insurance

Type and value of goods Customs Duty
    Anything under £135 No charge
    Gifts worth £135-£630 2.5%, but rates are lower for some goods - call the helpline
    Gifts above £630 and other goods above £135 The rate depends on the type of goods and where they came from - call the helpline

As you see the VAT is the real killer unless you are buying a lot of planes when a new Series is released.

If you can get the items sent as a present you can get £30 squids worth at a time otherwise it is £15.
    Rob. The items are cheaper to buy from the Aerodrome store, and that generally takes care of the VAT. It is the handling charge which cuts into your saving.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. New Products: Decal sheets, ACE flight stands, and Custom Flight Stands
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 07:51
  2. flight stands
    By grumpybear in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 07:49
  3. Flight Stands...
    By LingSter in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 10