Ares Games

Thread: Baxter est mort

Default Baxter est mort

Sorry to report that the real Baxter aka my Border Collie passed away 3 weeks ago at the age of 12. Faithful companion and my forum namesake for the last decade or so he will be missed. Yesterday we received a new replacement pilot called Boston. At the moment he is all legs but he will grow into them. Maybe I should ask for a forum name change?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boston.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	257498

Sorry to hear of Baxter's passing Gary, it's always very sad when a companion leaves us. You will have your hands full with your new wingman as he slots into formation with you & the family.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Ah,....always a sadness to lose a companion. I'm very sorry for your loss.
    I would, however, keep your handle in his memory, as you gain fresh ones with your new wingman.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Dogs become part of the family and it hurts when they go. Boston has a nice camo scheme.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

My heart aches for you, been there myself.
    New chap looks like a lot of fun, give him a hug from me

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Boston looks ready for mischief Sorry to hear about his predecessor - I'm sure you have 12 years of fond memories and joy to look back on, though. Our three pups fill our hearts with love all the time (even when they're being weenies!) While Baxter cannot be replaced, it's nice to see you have a new wingman to train

All the best,
    Matt

Sorry to hear of your loss.

New wingman is so cute! Love the black and white colour scheme (where have I seen that before?)
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Sorry to hear of your loss. Mine, SINGHA, was with us for 16 years. Got her when stationed on Okinawa and it hurt when she went. Her ashes are in the living room so I see her every day.

Know how you feel Gary as I lost old Jake a few years back after many happy years.
    He loved chasing sticks & balls.

I bet Boston will love getting into mischief.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jake.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	257538

Thanks for your very kind words chaps. Unfortunately we were away when Baxter passed so his final days were dealt with by my daughters. Yes I will keep my moniker in memory of Baxter. It is going to be interesting to see how Boston develops. He is my fifth Border Collie and they all have had different personalities.
    The first was Bushka and she was the prettiest and smartest.
    The second was Bilbo and he used to "talk". I would say something to him and he would answer. I am sure he thought he was really communicating and I had long "conversations" with him to the amusement of the family. My eldest daughter became convinced she could actually speak Border Collish.
    The 3rd was Bodie and she used to leap in the air and pirouette like a lamb. Very dainty and skittish with it.
    Baxter was by far the most gentle dog I have ever met. He would never bark at another dog and always avoided confrontation of any kind. He was never caged when we went to the vets but they used to point to a corner and he would sit there until told to move.

Boston is off to his first vets appointment this morning. Vaccinations etc. I can see puppy school in his future

Sad news Gary but the replacement is cute!

Nice pic Baz. Red Heelers are a very nice breed. Basic flight training (Puppy School) starts tomorrow evening for my new recruit. He passed his medical with flying colours and did not flinch in the face of the needle this morning.

I see a pattern in the Border Collie names, Gary.
    Sorry to hear of Baxter's passing. Glad you are keeping the 'handle' in memory.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

My Condolences Barry,
    Being a dog and cat owner I know how much they mean to the people who think they are their masters. I do hope Boston fills the spot Baxter left behind. I am sure those are mighty big shoes.

Good luck with training the new recruit. May he give you & yours many, many years of love & friendship.

Please accept my condolences upon the loss of your faithful pet, Gary. May your new dog, Boston, help to fill the void.

sorry for the loss of your furry buddy. ive buried quite a few over the years myself. theyre not pets, theyre family.