Ares Games
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Special Pack #3 (Medium Bombers) on the Way...?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    He presented these paper models in Prague 2018? Or 2019? But I guess it is not Andrea's fault we're waiting for new minis such long time...
    Flew one!
    I picked up a couple of AIM ones from ebay, in case 'Ares' continue to keep their finger firmly inserted...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Don't look at me, I did everything to push planes out of the factories and ships down the ways that I could. But there's only so much a lowly historical consultant can do...
    Last edited by Diamondback; 08-02-2021 at 13:09.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Don't look at me, I did everything to push planes out of the factories and ships down the ways. But there's only so much a lowly historical consultant can do...
    Sadly, there's probably only so much the lowly game designer can do
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

I was watching a Business news show several days ago. The news out of China is not looking very promising. It would appear that there has been a production stoppage there on "Non-essential" goods. Also, What is happening is that previously contracted shipping companies are upping their shipping rates. They literally have people over the barrel. Extorting more money from everyone. If you don't pay, your stuff doesn't get put on the ship. That simple. You don't pay up, your stuff may never make it to the dock yard at all.

I cannot speak to Ares, and what has happened with their products made in China. However, I have seen testimony regarding this on a few Business news shows that have all spoken on this. Some from US, UK and other countries who are experiencing delays and reduction in the quantity of products being received. What doesn't seem to be slowed down is all of the products owned and made by the ChiComs. Hisense etc, those get shipped out with zero difficulty or delay. Yet products made by Visio, Samsung, GE, etc never seem to make it onto the cargo ship.

I also recently saw an article where one country has made or is actively making a deal to shift all of their country's manufacturing sourcing to India. Which frankly would be a far better place to shift to than to continue with China.
    To be totally honest, I would prefer that ALL manufacturing be done domestically within the country of the Company's origin. If in Italy, then have the manufacturing done in Italy. I'm sure there are folks there who would love to have a job who are currently not employed.
    Same for the UK, USA, etc.
    When you do that then you take the power of control out of the hands of a country that can simply cut you off if you piss them off or go against their will.

Just my 2 shillings worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Knowitall View Post
    I was watching a Business news show several days ago. The news out of China is not looking very promising. It would appear that there has been a production stoppage there on "Non-essential" goods. Also, What is happening is that previously contracted shipping companies are upping their shipping rates. They literally have people over the barrel. Extorting more money from everyone. If you don't pay, your stuff doesn't get put on the ship. That simple. You don't pay up, your stuff may never make it to the dock yard at all.

I cannot speak to Ares, and what has happened with their products made in China. However, I have seen testimony regarding this on a few Business news shows that have all spoken on this. Some from US, UK and other countries who are experiencing delays and reduction in the quantity of products being received. What doesn't seem to be slowed down is all of the products owned and made by the ChiComs. Hisense etc, those get shipped out with zero difficulty or delay. Yet products made by Visio, Samsung, GE, etc never seem to make it onto the cargo ship.

I also recently saw an article where one country has made or is actively making a deal to shift all of their country's manufacturing sourcing to India. Which frankly would be a far better place to shift to than to continue with China.
    To be totally honest, I would prefer that ALL manufacturing be done domestically within the country of the Company's origin. If in Italy, then have the manufacturing done in Italy. I'm sure there are folks there who would love to have a job who are currently not employed.
    Same for the UK, USA, etc.
    When you do that then you take the power of control out of the hands of a country that can simply cut you off if you piss them off or go against their will.

Just my 2 shillings worth.
    Before November I know Mattel was moving much of their manufacturing to Vietnam, and for many years working with Ares as one of their Historical Consultants alongside an eye on geopolitics and logistics I've long recommended they try to draw up plans for an Alternate Supply Line whether Vietnam, India or one of the emergent economies in Central/Eastern Europe. Personally, I've never been a fan of putting all your eggs in a single basket because I was raised in the culture of Strategic Air Command, where when you're playing for the ultimate High Stakes redundant systems, backups and failsafes become a way of life.

"ALWAYS keep a spare!"--Abby Sciuto, NCIS Lab Rule #9
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

For what its worth, I do Ares Kickstarter fulfillments in Australia/New Zealand through Rival Sky Games, and 2 months ago had a normal, positive experience getting the product out of China. I'm sure the reports of some disruptions are true, but so far I'm not seeing it affect things with Ares, at least to Australia.

Well your web store seems fully stocked.

US customers be aware that AUD is worth approximately .74 USD so multiply the price by .74 to get the cost in your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    ... 2 months ago had a normal, positive experience getting the product out of China...
    Think the last Ares stuff inbound to us might have been held up by someone parking sideways across the Suez Canal !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Similar Missions

1. Wings of Glory Special Pack "Dambuster" im Einsatz
    By Marechallannes in forum German Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-17-2015, 11:56
  2. Need Japanese Medium Bombers? Here they are;)
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-02-2015, 17:19
  3. Special Mitchell bombers for the Bismark Sea raid.
    By gully_raker in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 04:01
  4. Bombers Special Packs available ... ordered ...and arrived!
    By d@niele in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 16:50