Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 251 to 272 of 272

Thread: Special Pack #3 (Medium Bombers) on the Way...?

  1. #251

    Default

    Gentlemen - my bombers landed safe in Frankfurt a.M. airport yesterday.

    Hopefully they arrive Monday or Tuesday in Bavaria without customs.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

  2. #252

  3. #253

    Default

    Got mine day before yesterday!

    Really hope yours are with you very soon, Sven.

  4. #254

    Default

    Got mine not that long ago.

  5. #255

    gutland's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Marek
    Location
    Type a choice below ...
    Sorties Flown
    142
    Join Date
    Jan 2018

    Default

    I want some too..

    Shall not I place the order

  6. #256

  7. #257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Gentlemen - my bombers landed safe in Frankfurt a.M. airport yesterday.

    Hopefully they arrive Monday or Tuesday in Bavaria without customs.
    Hi Sven
    Mine arrived in the UK last Wednesday but I have a small matter of Import Duty £7.57 and Royal Mail Post Office handling charge of £8.00. Which I have now paid and am now promised delivery tomorrow, Saturday. Hurry up Boris and get this trade deal with Donald done and dusted!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston S. Churchill

  8. #258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Hi Sven
    Mine arrived in the UK last Wednesday but I have a small matter of Import Duty £7.57 and Royal Mail Post Office handling charge of £8.00. Which I have now paid and am now promised delivery tomorrow, Saturday. Hurry up Boris and get this trade deal with Donald done and dusted!
    Sorry to hear that you got hit with the extra fees. I try to avoid those for you guys as much as possible. What deal with "Donald" you speak of?

  9. #259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Sorry to hear that you got hit with the extra fees. I try to avoid those for you guys as much as possible.
    I get these Customs charges most of the time; but my orders are large enough to attract them!
    There really isn't anything that can be done to shield a large order - it's just pot luck.

    Thanks for all you do for us, Chief!
    And extra thanks for the speedy delivery of my shiny new German bombers - even with the International postage, Customs fees and "fondling" charge, they are still cheaper than they would be if I bought them @ retail price in the UK.

  10. #260

    Default

    Happy to hear that bombers are arriving!
    Customs are tricky. I once got a dozen of free copies of my Isla Dorada boardgame from FFG. Complimentary copies that I got by contract. Italian customs did not believe that, even if given proof: they taxed both games as if bought by a final customer and shipping fee. I'd probably better buy them from the European publisher.

  11. #261

    Default

    I expect my bombers will be here any day now then.
    I am bracing myself for the hit at any rate. Not going out is saving me money hand over fist!
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  12. #262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I get these Customs charges most of the time; but my orders are large enough to attract them!
    There really isn't anything that can be done to shield a large order - it's just pot luck.
    Well, I expect it when I ship entire air forces over there!

    And thank you for the continued support of the AA store.

  13. #263

    Default

    Hi keith.
    As Tim says sometimes even the big orders slip through. It just seems to depends on how vigilent the Customs opperatives are on that day. It ain't so much that I mind them, it's the handling charge by Parcel Farce, for my having to go and collect something that would normally be delivered to the door that irks me.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  14. #264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Sorry to hear that you got hit with the extra fees. I try to avoid those for you guys as much as possible...
    You do a great job, Keith.

    The customs declaration the AA parcels is important.

    I'll definitely have more problems with customs if the declaration differs to much from the content of the parcel.

    ...and sometimes it slips through without problems, anyways.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

  15. #265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    You do a great job, Keith.

    The customs declaration the AA parcels is important.

    I'll definitely have more problems with customs if the declaration differs to much from the content of the parcel.

    ...and sometimes it slips through without problems, anyways.
    I am absolutely sure Herr Oberst did not labelled the toys as BOMBers
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  16. #266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Well, I expect it when I ship entire air forces over there!

    And thank you for the continued support of the AA store.
    Thanks Kieth, I appreciate your involvement in keeping the import charges to a minimum. My £7.57 could have been a lot higher with out your help!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston S. Churchill

  17. #267

    Default

    Guys so JU88 has a a large base and DO17 a mid-sized base?

  18. #268

    Default

    Yes, the D0.17 uses the heavy fighter base, and the Ju.88 uses the bomber base.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  19. #269

    Default

    And do we know why is that? Both planes had about the same wingspan ...

  20. #270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    And do we know why is that? Both planes had about the same wingspan ...
    Because that's the size of the bases that come with the planes?
    The D0.17 probably just sneaks under the line at 59'/18m
    The Ju.88 is 65'/20m.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  21. #271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    And do we know why is that? Both planes had about the same wingspan ...
    Planes with a wingspan of 18m and less have a heavy fighter base
    Planes with a wingspan over 18m have a bomber base.
    (sources : Andrea)

    (Length / wingspan)
    Dornier Do.17 : 15.8 m / 18 m
    Junkers Ju.88 : 14.39 m / 18,37 m (version A-1) - 20 m (version A-4)

  22. #272

    Default

    Thank you Simon!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456


Similar Missions

  1. Wings of Glory Special Pack "Dambuster" im Einsatz
    By Marechallannes in forum German Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-17-2015, 11:56
  2. Need Japanese Medium Bombers? Here they are;)
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-02-2015, 17:19
  3. Special Mitchell bombers for the Bismark Sea raid.
    By gully_raker in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 04:01
  4. Bombers Special Packs available ... ordered ...and arrived!
    By d@niele in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 16:50

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •