This may be a strange title to a discussion thread but it is a question that has long interested me in relation to WoW/WoG. It has re-surfaced because of a comment in the "no hope for this pilot" thread. I noted the comment that people were playing with more than one plane each.

I've played the game since it's release. I play as historian/gamer not as a gamer. As a result of that perhaps I'm more pedantic than some. I tried playing with more than one plane per player early on and find it harms the feel of the game for me. However hard I try (or my fellow gamers try) one inevitably knows what your other plane will do. There was no radio contact. There were no walkie talkies. That is why planes on the same side sometimes crashed into each other. Both pilots making the choice of a move that clashed with their wingman. That can't happen between your own planes if you play more than one (unless you're really stupid). Telepathy replaces then telephone! Accordingly I ditched multi-plane playing at a very early stage. When I watch it with other gamers I can see the effects. It removes a layer of authenticity.

Perhaps I know the answer to my own question. It is "yes"! Do I think I'm wrong? Well there's another question altogether.