Ares Games

Thread: Need help: want to find official planes

Users Country Flag

Name
    Artyom
    Sorties Flown

Default Need help: want to find official planes

Hello to all!
    I'm new on the forum so I don't know in what topic I could write.
    So my main question is where can I download official planes and movement decks from official packs? (Fire from the sky, Rain of destruction, squadrons packs). Atm I have only Dawn of WW2 (when I bought it some years ago I did not knew about expansion packs, and it never sold in Russia expect first pack). And as I see now it is hard to buy original game, so I want to find something like unofficial planes packs on this site.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help and I'm sorry if topic placed in incorrect sub-forum.

Cheers,
    VaTsoN.

Welcome to the Forum.

I'm afraid that you will not find any 'Official' maneuver decks on this site, as that is an Intellectual Property infringement of Ares Games' Wings of Glory system.

There are many cards and play aids that might help, including things in the files section, and some members' albums, as well.

Everything that's been officially released: World War II Product Contents March 2017
    Official and Unofficial Aircraft Listings from the Unofficial Stats Committee (2015): WGS unofficial Aircraft V1.0
    Files to assist with the above:
    Notes for WGS Unofficial Aircraft V1.0
    Gunnery Arcs for WGS unofficial aircraft V1.0

A Play Aid that might help is: OldGuy59's WGS MATES Cards Album

Hope this helps a bit.

PS: Plane Cards are spread through threads and personal albums, like:
    WWII Files: Custom Cards
    Jager's Albums
    OldGuy59's Albums
    Zoe Brain's Albums
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

The MATES cards fulfil the same role as the manoeuvre decks, but with a single card (plus a piece of paper and a pencil to write down the three cards/manoeuvres you are playing each turn)

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    The MATES cards fulfil the same role as the manoeuvre decks, but with a single card (plus a piece of paper and a pencil to write down the three cards/manoeuvres you are playing each turn)
    Oops! Wrong game, Dave. Only two moves planned at a time, and there are two cards for each Maneuver deck in the WGS MATES (because of the speed arrows in the WGS version), but the idea is close. One does have to write down the next planned move each turn, as you don't have a full range of cards to place down on a console.
    Mike

Artyom,
    You are closer to me than most of my fellow Forum mates in Europe. Not by much, as the Pacific Ocean is larger than Canada and the Atlantic.

It is surprising you found any Wings of War games in Vladivostok.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 10-02-2018 at 07:23.
    Mike

Thumbs up

Welcome to the 'drome Artyom!
    Great to have a player from Russia join our forum.
    Good Luck with your search.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Artyom
    Sorties Flown

Thanks a lot guys! Nice to meet you!

I'm afraid that you will not find any 'Official' maneuver decks on this site, as that is an Intellectual Property infringement of Ares Games' Wings of Glory system.
    I see, okay.

Hope this helps a bit.
    Thank you very much Mike! It's very helpful.
    But now I have some questions about your links.
    1) Sometimes stats in plane's cards and Excel document are different. E.g. it's maneuver decks, sometimes it's damage. Question is what stats are true? In the document?
    2) There is a column in document - "house rules". As I understand I should find it in "House rules" sub-forum, okay. But question is where I can find D-damage markers?
    Sorry again for noob question, but I just try to find something, heh. So many infos.

You are closer to me than most of my fellow Forum mates in Europe.
    Surprise!
    Yes, I found WGS 6-7 years ago. Also I had first kit of WGF, but as with WGS, in Russia was released only first kit. So I was surprised when I read about expansion packs and for WWI, and for WWII. Unfortunately I couldn't bought it.

Welcome to the 'drome Artyom!
    Thank you, Burry!

Welcome to the 'drome Artyom, think the lads have the info covered, if you haven't seen it already you can download the complete WW2 product content doc from the files here provided by Bob (Skystalker) or check the thread here

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

welcome to the drome Artyom
    sounds like you could use a copy of the battle of britian starter set.

First of all, welcome even from the Czech Republic to far east.

I will react on it need about the maneuver and plane cards. Try to google card boosters from WoW era, there should be at least three of them: The Flying Legends, Eagles of the Reich and The Last Biplanes. They cost literary few dollars even on EvilBay and can supply you easily.

Quote Originally Posted by VaTsoN View Post
    1) Sometimes stats in plane's cards and Excel document are different. E.g. it's maneuver decks, sometimes it's damage. Question is what stats are true? In the document?
    The Excel is correct. We're working on correcting all the plane cards to match the spreadsheet.

Vladivostok... I wish I could tell you some of the stories about RAN submarines during the Cold War. Maybe one day the stories of both sides will be declassified.

Zoe, be cool and recommend The Hundred Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared book (ISBN: 978-91-642-0296-3) - it is also from Cold War era and part of it is near Vladivostok

PS: I confirm that this list works well - believe the committee

Quote Originally Posted by VaTsoN View Post

Thank you very much Mike! It's very helpful.
    But now I have some questions about your links.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    The Excel is correct. We're working on correcting all the plane cards to match the spreadsheet.

If there is a specific card you want, or even pilot/plane, please ask. That way, it will be checked against the existing list, or the Unofficial Stats Committee (USC) will be asked. The problem with some of the unofficial cards is that they were produced without consulting the USC, or the game has progressed since the unofficial card was produced. In my case, I haven't gone back and 'fixed' all of mine (produced from 2013 onward).
    Mike

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Artyom, from here in the United Kingdom.

eBay currently has 'The Last Biplanes' and 'Revolution in the Sky' card packs on offer at high prices.

Similar Missions

1. Washington: Where can I find a list of planes by date of availability?
    By FCPTJoe in forum US Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:22
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 05:05
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 12:16
  4. My First Official WW1 Two-man Planes
    By Blackronin in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 14:40
  5. Replies: 8