Ares Games

Thread: Extra Life Game Day 2018

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Thumbs up Extra Life Game Day 2018

Extra Life an online gaming community is holding a 24 hour game day event to help raise money for the Children's Miracle Network hospitals.
    They do this by having local gaming stores open their doors for 24 hours on 3 November 2018 and people are encouraged to show up and play games and donate money to a children's hospital.
    This year I have signed up to be part of the local gaming group the Quilt City Heroes on game day.
    On 3 November I will be at Dragon's Hoard Games in Paducah, KY with a majority of my Wings gear and will have 6 different scenarios available to play depending on the number of people that want to play.
    Dragon's Hoard Games in Murray, KY will also be hosting an event the same day.
    The money raised in Paducah is designated to go to Norton's Children's Hospital in Louisville, KY. The Murray location has designated their money to go to KY Children's Hospital in Lexington, KY.
    I would like to invite anyone who is within driving distance to join me in Paducah. I will be there at 9am setting up and should be ready to fly shortly after. For the people that do show up Mike-oldguy59 has designed some game cards for me for this event.

If you can't attend and still wish to donate the information on how to do that is below. Also, please PM me with your address so I can send you a Thank You card for your donation.
    You can also PM me for directions and if you wish to stay the night there are 15 Motels within a mile radius of the store, anything from a Holiday Inn to a Courtyard by Marriott. There is also an equal number of food places in the area.

Necessary information:
    4793 Village Square Dr.
    Paducah, KY 42003
    Ph. 270-201-2709
    When: Saturday 3 November 2018
    Time: 0900 Hours to 0900 Hours 4 November

To donate if you can't attend go to,
    www.extra-life.org
    Look for my profile:
    Dale Garrett--Setarius
    The profile picture shows a picture of my WGF 100 year MvR Commerative Final Fight
    Last edited by Setarius; 10-05-2018 at 22:18.

Thumbs up

Good luck with the project Dale!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Ten days to go before the Extra Life Game Day to help Children's Hospitals.
    This is one of the cards that Mike(oldguy59) has produced for that day..I will be giving this card to people who donate money to my game but are unable to attend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ExtraLifeParticipation_Card_Donor1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	256.0 KB 
ID:	256995

To donate go to my page at www.extra-life.org and look for my name Dale Garrett--Setarius.

Thank You

Got you started, Dale. Good luck.

I hope that the event will be a big success and raise a lot of money for the Children's Hospital.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Pete for the donation.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Extra-Life Game day is tomorrow November 3.
    I get to kickoff the activities by demoing Wings of Glory at 9 a.m. local time. I will be taking a short break from Wings at noon to demo and run a Fluxx--Cthulhu Tournament. After that I will be back running Wings, either solo adventures or if someone joins me a dogfight.

For those wishing to donate to Extra-Life you can go to

www.extra-life.org
    Look up my name and you can donate either through my page or the home page.
    I will talk to you after the event, probably Monday or Tuesday.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

A quick report on the Extra-Life Game Day.
    Across the country $2,329,166 was raised.
    Locally at last count just over $5000 was raised.
    My goal was $100 this year and between donations and people paying to play the one tournament, FLUXX Cthulhu, I raised $105.
    I've posted pictures and a small write up in the WWI AAR section.

During the 13 hour I was there I talked to several people about Wings of Glory, with most of them just nodding their head and saying nice,and then they went back to their DragonballZ or Magic games.

I did talk to two people at length about Wings of Glory and what some of the costs might be to get involved. One gentleman, Jason, lives about an hour away and said he only has weekends free, but he was very interested in getting a copy of the BoB starter kit and more planes in the future.
    Scott a student that lives locally wanted to know if Dragons Hoard sponsored anything with Wings of Glory. I told him unfortunately not, but if he knew when he could be available I would try m best to work out a day and time we could meet and game. He said his great grandfather was in the Army stationed at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 and was working on some phone lines when he looked up and saw a strange plane fly overhead. He also said a multiple great grandfather fought in the mideast during WWI.
    I gave both of them the website here and hope to see them here and at the local gaming store in the future.

This turned out to be a free for all type of game day. I was told games were scheduled to be ran at certain times. This did not happen. I expressed my disappointment with the lady in charge and she said she did not know what to do about it. But, she did say this is their 10th year and they try to improve on things every year. I told her I guess I am just an old convention gamer and expect you to run your game from 9-1 by the schedule not 9-whenever you either get done or decide to stop. We will see what the future holds.

They had a huge selection of games and prizes that were raffled off. Everything from movie tickets to game starter sets to make up. I bid on 5 different things and won the Forbidden Desert and Deadpool Against the World games.

I would like to say Thank You again to the people from here that donated money to this event and to Mike who designed cards for me. I will be sending out a Thank You card to the ones who provided me with an address, and to the others, once again THANK YOU>

Got the cards in the mail today, Dale.
    Thanks for the extra effort you put into it to send to me - they will be special reminders in my cards box.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

I'm glad you received your cards Pete.
    Once again I would like to say thank you to the guys who donated money and Mike for doing the cards for me.

Similar Missions

1. Kentucky: Extra Life--Dragon's Hoard Games
    By Setarius in forum US Wing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-28-2018, 18:58
  2. im running a game at origins 2018
    By milcoll73 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-22-2018, 18:36
  3. Extra Life--Table Top Game Day
    By Setarius in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6