Ares Games

Thread: Warlord Releases Metal PTO

Default Warlord Releases Metal PTO

Untouched, untrimmed, and pure naked metal. The Kate and Wildcat look and feel super sweet!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MetalPTOwWoG.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	209.4 KB 
ID:	255034

I included the WoG version for scale comparison since the first BRS wave was a bit lacking in that regard.

Midway box set scheduled for 2019! It looks like a flight plan to me.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Nice I may have to invest in some.

How much heft do they have; any problems with them on pegs and ball magnets?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

The BRS bases are smaller and less stable than WoG bases. When the metal airplane is resting straight up on the BRS base it is not wobbly. However, the BRS bases pitch the plane forward or backward based on advantage state and that makes them fall over. So, they seem to be balanced well but weighty enough to topple if placed into an unbalanced state. How strong are your ball magnets?

I cannot wait to throw some non specular blue-grey on my Cats and IJN green on my Kates.

Here are my AIM Kates. They are on LITKO pegs attached to plane. Some of my first AIM planes.

Name:	DCP_7545.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	255055

Name:	DCP_7552.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	255056

Just checked their site and they show OUT OF STOCK no price listed. It says they come in a pack of 6 but you can get what ever number you want from AIM (Dave). His are $5.00 each and has great service. Don't meant to take away from WARLOARD GAMES but AIM has many choices.

The Wildcats are in stock at $32 for six, so they are a whopping .34 more per airplane that AiM and come with bases, something you do not get with AiM airplanes. Also, if you are interested in cross-over playing (both BRS and WoG) then all the BRS components come into play. Warlord also offers free shipping for purchases over $50. FYI, controlling a squadron of 6 airplanes under BRS rules is like 2 WoG so the squadron bundling is intentional given the in game experience.

Might look at getting me some Kates.
    Do they have Avengers?
    I so I will definitely get both.

Scott You mentioned the WILDCATS are only .34 cents more but actually AIM WILDCATS are $4.00 per plane and you can get 8 for $32. Yes you have to get bases but depending how you mount your planes, I glue a ball bearing to the screw in the AIM plane, you only need just so many bases. I just ordered some more of the OMNI stands and along with my LITKO stands have many stands for my planes.

Pete
    Here are my AIM avengers. Decals are from MISCMINI and are for the PETROF BAY. I need to add some the Drome props to them.

Name:	IMG_6747.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	255132

Name:	IMG_6759.jpg 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	255133

And for those wanting Corsairs here are my AIM F4U's. Decals for the Bunker Hill.

Name:	IMG_7754.jpg 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	255134

Name:	IMG_7755.jpg 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	255135

Nice work, Bob.
    You sure you’re not on commission with AIM?

I realize the BRS bases do not do much good if you want the airplanes exclusively for WoG. At the end of the day buying Warlord product is not going to be as good of a deal as AiM if you have no interest in playing BRS. For the record, I exclusively use Miscellaneous Miniatures decals because they are better than anything Warlord currently offers.

Pete
    Not on commission but like his planes. The ones I have are ones that ARES hasn't made but people would like to see. I had some Shapeways I-16's but gave them away after getting some AIM I-16's. Not sure how BRS plays but since they are using ZVEZDA models you could use any 1/200 model in their game.

Scott
    I have to agree with you about MISCMINI decals. They are the only ones I use. Sometimes the smaller ones are very tedious to apply but they work for me.

As far as the medal planes when I go to the HMGS cons there are a few dealers who sell medal models in different scales that can be used for different game systems. many years ago the first air game I played was Squadrons which is similar to CY6. I also bought the ANGLES 20 game when it came out but Wings is the game I enjoy most. A few years back Rich S. plays Wings with 1/144 planes so I have a number of F-toys 1/144 models. Didn't mean for folks to think I was cutting down BRS since I haven't played the game I can't comment on it.

I hope you know I was being facetious with that comment, Bob.
    You are a great proponent of both AIM and mscmini.
    Your models are very good examples of their work.

Metal does not bother me, I prefer metal because it is tough. Always afraid the resin will break or twist if it gets too warm.

ken true about the heat. I have only had 2 AIM planes that were warped. I followed what Dave said to do with hot water and the wing went back to its normal shape.

Pete no offense taken. I knew you were joking about that. I had the 3 Kates for a year before I painted them and since then I have been getting quite a few of his planes. Last year I asked him, as did Teaticket, if he considered doing the Mosquito. A few months later he had models of all the Mosquito models so I know that a few people here bought a number of them. Then of course, Kevin did decals for them. Also when Dave did the Ki 44 (TOJO) I sent a scan to Kevin and when he did the decals for them he had the markings I wanted. I am lucky the Kevin lives in VA about 45 miles from me so I get an order from him in a day or two.

Similar Missions

1. Warlord release 1:200 plastic Mosquitos
    By PilGrim in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-19-2018, 08:30
  2. Warlord Open Game Day In Oklahoma
    By Franco Lucchini in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2016, 12:38
  3. Received a new metal.
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18