Ares Games

Thread: Dayton Dawn Patrol Rendezvous…Anyone going?

Default Dayton Dawn Patrol Rendezvous…Anyone going?

Greetings all
    I will be flying up from Tampa for the WW1 Dawn Patrol Rendezvous in Dayton and was curious to know if any other forum members plan on attending. Any plans for a "Wings of Glory" game session?
    https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Up...I-Dawn-Patrol/

Just saw the Buckeyes Gamers insert on the DPR website. Looking forward to meeting everyone and possibly getting in on a fur ball or two...

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Randy (Black Sheep One) and Karl (Jager) are spearheading the gaming at the Dawn Patrol Rendezvous, Bobby. As in past years, they should be set up in one of the large tents off the flight line. Several of us from the Dayton area are planning on being there on and off both days, and there are plans, too, for some after-hours gaming across the street at The Game Haven. So it looks like there is some Wings action in your future...

All the best,
    Matt

Some nice images of the BGIF boys in action on that link there - I thought Eric was telling that guy in the red T "Now this is gonna hurt some.." but when I looked closer I realised he was describing some aircraft manoeuvre ! Wish I could be there.

"He is wise who watches"

my buddy tom and i are planning on going weather permitted.

Forecast now has a lovely fall day Saturday, chance of rain Sunday morning, with clearing later.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Can't wait to see everyone there. Should be a great weekend.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

I hope to be there & wearing my Rickenbaker t-shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Forecast now has a lovely fall day Saturday, chance of rain Sunday morning, with clearing later.
    Karl
    glad to hear that about saturday!!!

Looks like a clear cooler weekend all through
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Great pics of the lads in action Phil, glad to see you're sharing the Boom cards

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Great pics of the lads in action Phil, glad to see you're sharing the Boom cards

thanks. i did get one, but yeah, i was very inclusive with them that day lol!

We had great weather both days, and a lot of people playing, mostly youngsters, of course.
    Best guess is 30-35 each day, with about the same number who listened to the spiel, but didn't want to sit and play.
    This included 6 of a family of 10!! on Sunday.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    Greetings all
    I will be flying up from Tampa for the WW1 Dawn Patrol Rendezvous in Dayton and was curious to know if any other forum members plan on attending. Any plans for a "Wings of Glory" game session?
    https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Up...I-Dawn-Patrol/
    Bobby, I noticed a HURRICON 2018 - this weekend in Orlando, but no Wings of Glory. Do you ever go to these?

Well, being across the Big Wet Blue Thing, I guess I won't

Hi Ken,
    Yes, I will be attending Hurricon this weekend. I wasn't able to register any games but I will be bringing all my gear and hosting WoG games throughout the weekend as long as a table is available (it hasn't been a problem in the past). Hopefully you'll be able to join us for a game or two.

I haven't registered. Never been. We were talking about possible going to Orlando this weekend, so maybe I can swing by. I could bring my stuff too, but if you have your's mine won't be needed. Right now I'm sorting my new X-Wing stuff. That is a fun chore to have.

Similar Missions

1. Wings of Glory at the WWI Dawn Patrol Rendezvous
    By matt56 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 10:16
  2. National: World War I Dawn Patrol Rendezvous
    By rhodie80 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 14:18
  3. World War I Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2014
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15