Ares Games
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wings of Prague 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Rob: Are you going to come again with your lady? I think I lost you somewhere in the backgroud.
    Reminding this question

Yes Daniel that is our intention.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Fine, I will add you in few minutes. Thanks!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Honza
    Sorties Flown

Please add me and my son to list. Honza and Honza.

Great, I'll add you ASAP. It's fine you can come again. If you want to try prepare a mission, you can (not mandatory, just an offer, of course).

Fine, I will add you in few minutes. Thanks!
    Thanks Daniel.
    Rob.

Achtung, achtung!

Repaint Contest Rules:
    Responsible officer: Vladimir (Attachment 253793)
    Theme: fighters & two-seaters
    Period: 1914 - 1923
    Theatres: all
    Manufacturers: all
    Scale: 1:144
    Notes:
    • Repaint must be produced from 22nd April 2018 to 12th April 2019.
    • No publishing in the painting showcase before 15th April 2018.
    • No non-historical schemes. Planes should be painted in actual historical schemes based on available data, with the source presented.
    • Planes should be presented on appropriate base with four pegs, provided by painter (= no dioramas).
    • If plane is presented with it's own airplane card, this will be used as tie-breaker in case of two or more minies with same score.
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 10-23-2018 at 02:01. Reason: 1924 -> 1914

I take it "Period: 1924 - 1923" should read as "Period: 1924-1943" ? or am I wrong ?

cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

No, I'm wrong. It should be 1914-1923. Sorry for this mistake.

Hm, I won't probably participate the repaint contest this year because WW1 is not in my scope. I think it's a pity to limit the contest only to one war. But I fully respect it.

The only two WW1 planes I own are the awards from previous years and I am definitely not going to repaint them (especially Zeppelin Staaken)

It's right of the last winner to choose the criteria for next year and Vladimir chose.
    Nemanja asked me about two contests, but I recommended him a KISS system (keep it simple stupid).
    It's said you can't join it, especially if I know your repaints. Hope it did not destroy your feelings about participation.

Achtung, achtung!

Repaint Contest Rules:
    Responsible officer: Vladimir (Attachment 253793)
    Theme: fighters & two-seaters
    Period: 1914 - 1923
    Theatres: all
    Manufacturers: all
    Scale: 1:144
    Notes:
    • Repaint must be produced from 22nd April 2018 to 12th April 2019.
    • No publishing in the painting showcase before 15th April 2018.
    • No non-historical schemes. Planes should be painted in actual historical schemes based on available data, with the source presented.
    • Planes should be presented on appropriate base with four pegs, provided by painter (= no dioramas).
    • If plane is presented with it's own airplane card, this will be used as tie-breaker in case of two or more minies with same score.
    Wait a second... Cards will be the tie-breaker? OK. But if I enter the contest, does that mean that other entrants can't get cards from me, and can I loose the contest because I did a card for someone else?

Also, I plan to do Ace Skill and Equipment cards for my custom planes (whether they are used in the Vimy Ridge scenario, or not), as part of the "complete" repaint package.

Hmmm... Something for the Judges to think about.

BTW: If anyone asks, I can do cards, despite the above contest rules, if the contest allows it. Actually, even if it doesn't, cause you can use the cards for playing any time, if not for the contest.

PS: I know how to get around this. I won't enter the contest with my repaints, as they will be minimal jobs anyway. Top wings and decals, pretty much. It will be the card sets that complete the planes, not the paint jobs.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Vladimir is not on this forum, Nemanja is his deputy.

Dear Colleaugues,

Finaly we somohow managed to organize everything and I can confirm we will make it for Wings of Prague 2019. So Daniel, please count us in (Darek and myself), although we will arive Friday very late (not before 22.00 hours, I suppose). Anyway, I'll be happy to meet you again.

As for the scenario I will bring one. Not sure what would be the topic, but as next year is 100 anniversary of outbreak of Polish-Soviet war, I'd like to bring something related to this conflict. We'll see if I manage to prepare WGF scenario, as normally I have more experience and minis for WGS.

Nice to read this, Rafal!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Wait a second... Cards will be the tie-breaker? OK. But if I enter the contest, does that mean that other entrants can't get cards from me, and can I loose the contest because I did a card for someone else?...
    Mike, last Con we had 3 planes on 3rd place. All 3 planes had plane cards.

We quickly organized a small comitee and had a decision.

...simply make shure that your entry has a plane card. Would be a tragedy if you were kicked down the ranks by one of your designed cards, because you forgot to make one for yourselve.
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 10-23-2018 at 14:21.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Looks like a goer to me.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Dear Colleaugues,

Finaly we somohow managed to organize everything and I can confirm we will make it for Wings of Prague 2019. So Daniel, please count us in (Darek and myself), although we will arive Friday very late (not before 22.00 hours, I suppose). Anyway, I'll be happy to meet you again.

As for the scenario I will bring one. Not sure what would be the topic, but as next year is 100 anniversary of outbreak of Polish-Soviet war, I'd like to bring something related to this conflict. We'll see if I manage to prepare WGF scenario, as normally I have more experience and minis for WGS.
    This is really good, GOOD, news! I am quite happy you will come and I promise to cross my fingers to Darek during next week

I already add your names to the Participation List and even you mission is written there: "Polish-Soviet War (Rafał)"

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Dear Colleaugues,

Great news, Rafal!!

@ Mike
    Part with the cards remained the same as it was last time. Idea is to have full model.

Also, if it stays tied, even with cards, we always can form tie-breaking Jury, like we did last year.

As of this afternoon Flights booked, and self and Mrs K. booked in to Hotel Mars for April the 8th to 15th.
    Rob.

Excellent Rob .interested in a trip to the Pilzen brewery on the Thursday. I am looking to book a jolly with good old Prague taxis ,nothing like a limo to the pub

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Sounds good to me. Is Mary accompanying you?
    Rob.

It's also possible to catch a bus for 3Ł there: www.regiojet.com

It's also possible to catch a bus for 3Ł there: www.regiojet.com
    Bus might be good as well depends on the number of peeps that want to participate

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Sounds good to me. Is Mary accompanying you?
    Rob.
    Not this time hence the jolly to Pilszen

The first fund raiser from Keith is up on the Home Page chaps.
    Rob.

Yes Daniel.
    Got mine too.
    Rob.

tickets bought, fingers crossed to win
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

It‘s on the way!

Ditto

and again Ditto!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Sorry , am I being thick or drunk (my money’s on the latter currently - Danish beer is rather moorish)? Linky to ticket buying thingy please ?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Here you go gunners old chap.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/content.php
    Rob.

For my two SoG missions on Saturday:

Is it possible to support me with 2x gaming mats, 8 ship logs and damage counters?

I'll bring with me: 8 ships, damage bags, AA range rulers and two missions.

I can certainly do you eight ship logs Sven.
    Also count me in for the games.
    Rob.

Thank you for your offer Rob, I think the Prague guys can solve my material request.

You're enlisted.

I've got more to bring to Prague this year. 5x Ufags, 1 - 2 Aviatiks and some Italian opponents.

We can provide both: ship logs, damage counters and even some ships.
    We will try to arrange MARS even for Sunday, we will know more after Thursday.
    Just note what else you need.

OK.Daniel I will pack something else if you are sure you are complete for Sven's needs.
    Rob.

I propose an English sailor's slang. That is something that we are not able to bring into the game

Aye aye Sir.I'll see what I can whistle up for ee!
    Rob.

Nous parlons seulement francais, monsieur!

Hi Daniel,
    please add Mrs Aardvark (aka Nastja) to the groundcrew list. She will be keeping a close eye on me in Prague.
    We expect to arrive on Thursday, April 11th late afternoon and will leave on Sunday, April 14th late afternoon, early evening.
    cheers,
    Guus

btw: you've got PM

Look forward to seeing you. We arrive Monday.
    Rob.

Good Morning Guus,
    More ladies to join the WWI or Wings Widows International! Welcome Nastja!
    We will be a merry group and I know where the best shops are.
    Best wishes, Eileen

Looking forward to meet your lady in personal.
    Hope she'll enjoy your stay in Prague.

I sure a trip to the Pilzen brewery will be top of Nastjas list of TTD

Will be putting out feelers for this jolly in the next few weeks to see who is interested .
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Kubajs View Post
    Looking forward to meet your lady in personal.
    Hope she'll enjoy your stay in Prague.
    @ Kubajs: you've got PM ...
    cheers,
    Guus

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kyte View Post
    Good Morning Guus,
    More ladies to join the WWI or Wings Widows International! Welcome Nastja!
    We will be a merry group and I know where the best shops are.
    Best wishes, Eileen
    Hello Eileen,
    thank you for welcoming me to the Wings Widows International !
    I'm looking forward to meet you and all the others. And of course to see beautiful Prague again.
    Best regards,
    Nastja

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Pražský Con 2019
    By Dan-Sam in forum Czechoslovak Wing
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-03-2020, 12:14
  2. UK trip in January 2019
    By matt56 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 02-07-2019, 02:21
  3. Have we got a date for 2019 yet?
    By Guntruck in forum Past Prague Summer Cons