Ares Games

Thread: Bf-110 maneuver deck

benetnash

Default Bf-110 maneuver deck

Hi!
    I found a Bf-100 card here:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...achmentid=5611 but I think, that with D deck the plane is overpowered (CA/CCB + A/A compared to B/BB of Spitfire). Removing 45deg turns and Immelman from the D deck helps but is makes the game boring (faster plane chases heavy fighter which cannot evade it). Also turn radius with such deck is huge and it's easy to accientally fly out of the game area

To solve this problem I've created a new maneuver deck for two engine heavy fighters like Bf-110. I'm not good at computer graphics and I used inkscape to create it. Deck contains 14 cards: 2 straight, 4 mild turns, 4 sharp turns and Immelman, stall, dive and climb. I named it Y deck.

In straight fly Y is slightly slower then A/B decks. Also Immelman is a bit longer and stall/climb is slower. The biggest difference is turning ability. In sharp turns Y deck has more or less the same turn radius as A/B deck but is significantly slower - it takes 10, not 8 turns to make full circle. With mild full circle takes 15 not 12 turns.

By now I put all files here: http://benetnash.czystybeton.pl/wow/ . You can find there deck in raster and vector format in 90 and 300 dpi, card template and inkscape svg project. After some tests and refinig deck I'll put it in download section of this site.

I'd like to put this files on CC0 lincese but font I used is "free for private use" so I release it on CC-BY-NC. I hope it's not a problem.

Looking forward for any feedback from you.
    Best Regards
    benetnash

Great custom cards, how have you got in with them in play?

Similar Missions

1. Maneuver Deck "L"
    By trumpetman52 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 02:54
  2. Lohner Flying Boat Maneuver Deck?
    By David Kuijt in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 15:24
  3. Photo Maneuver Deck
    By Druid_ian in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 26