Ares Games

Thread: Custom Cards?

Users Country Flag

Name
    James
    Sorties Flown

Default Custom Cards?

I have kinda an odd question. I know there are several people around on the forum here who have done custom cards for the game, that being said, I am hopeless when it comes to graphics on a computer, so I was wondering if anyone is available to do a custom card for me?

Thanks

Post up the details of it so us card makes can see what you are looking for.

I am available anytime.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Desaix
    Sorties Flown

I migth be able to help aswelll...

Users Country Flag

Name
    James
    Sorties Flown

Ok, this is the part where you look at the picture and go, "Yeah right, he's freaking insane"

http://wwi-cookup.com/sopwith/camel/ruston1.html

Those are the best pics i can come up with of it

Thanks in advance

Haha, I knew it was going to be that one!! It is a really cool plane!

Thats going to make a great looking mini!! Its normaly the Germans that have the pretty coloured planes, looks like Brits are making a come back!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    James
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by aarondpjames View Post
    Thats going to make a great looking mini!! Its normaly the Germans that have the pretty coloured planes, looks like Brits are making a come back!!
    Already have the mini about 90% done, there are some pix over in the photos section (here is a link to my album if yuo want to see http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=43).

That being said, I need to stop liking planes with so many lines on them!

Mate, those minis are fantastic!! Nice work!!

But I know what you mean about the lines, I keep avoiding repaints with an excesive amount of lines.....it drives me mad when you get the random hand wobble/stab!!!!

A tip for painting lines. Set the mini on the table and start your stroke before and above where you line needs to start. Slide your painting hand (the judo chop part )towards you across the table. Lightly lower your brush tip onto the mini where you line should start and continue in a smooth slid until you reach the end point of the line. If your line ends before the surface of the mini runs out, you will have to raise the bush up before reaching the end of the line. If the line goes all the way to the edge of the mini, make sure to keep the brush at the same height as it leaves the mini... other wise you will get a fatter line right at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    A tip for painting lines. Set the mini on the table and start your stroke before and above where you line needs to start. Slide your painting hand (the judo chop part )towards you across the table. Lightly lower your brush tip onto the mini where you line should start and continue in a smooth slid until you reach the end point of the line. If your line ends before the surface of the mini runs out, you will have to raise the bush up before reaching the end of the line. If the line goes all the way to the edge of the mini, make sure to keep the brush at the same height as it leaves the mini... other wise you will get a fatter line right at the end.
    Cheers for the tip Col, I'll have to give it a go..........just not sure which mini with lines i want to paint yet? (I hate lines!!! )

Although the dark blue spad with the lighting bolts all over it would look cool!!

Just practice this technique on a non mini first

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jon
    Sorties Flown

I was thinking about trying to make some custom cards.
    Can anyone tell me what the dimensions of the cards are supposed to be?

Jon, there are some files in the Hobby section of the File System (link at top of page) for making custom cards. I would start with them.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jon
    Sorties Flown

I was trying them out. When I printed a test, it seemed a little small next to an actual card from the game.

Did you print them out from the Photoshop file, or just the linked JPG here on the site?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jon
    Sorties Flown

I saved as JPG and printed form another app. I may have done something wrong in the file saving, I'll still evaluating Photoshop Elements and getting used to the interface. Should I print directly form Photoshop?

I'm also trying a different background file. I'll try using the dimensions from your background file and see how it goes.

Any recommendations for background sizes for bigger planes. I have a PBY in USN colors I'd like to try.

Similar Missions

1. Great site for mission cards and custom planes
    By nachinus in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 07:21
  2. Graphics for DOW custom cards?
    By Gravitypool in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 13:56
  3. Printing Custom Cards
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5