Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK trip in January 2019

Mission accomplished - me & SWMBO met Matt & Graeme on the underground on the way into Hendon, they were in the carriage ahead of us as we got out at Colindale, managed to sneak up behind him and whisper O - H in his ear... (I-O being the standard response for his part of the world).
    We then sauntered along to the museum where we met Chris & Steve. We had a great time wandering around the museum, marvelling at the machines on display & chatting together about all and sundry. Jacqui was dead impressed that Matt & Graeme had brought along cake for her birthday !
    It was great to meet Chris at last & see Steve again, and tease Neil over the phone, the missus took some pics & I know Chris & Steve did so I'm sure we'll get some posted soon.
    The boys looked in fine fettle though I'm sure they were struggling with a little jet lag and we left them in mid afternoon to prepare for the London Philharmonic show tonight & their onward travels tomorrow. It was great to see them both again.

"He is wise who watches"

Brilliant! Sounds like a great time, and another example of this community bringing people together from afar. Well done to all involved!

Here's the Magnificent Men in their Flying Machine

Flash (Dave), Graeme, Matt56 (Matt) and Hedeby (Chris). A good day out was had by all, and nice to catch up with, and meet new, forum chums.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Good to you all having a good time, and I will explain later why I am so miffed at not being there thanks to Virgin Net.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Skafloc's Avatar Northern Command Squadron Leader.
    Colonel

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil (Bullseye)
    Sorties Flown

Some of us had to work, shame. Thanks for the 'friendly' Geordie mick taking banter over the phone....Steve! Thanks for the 2 pics Chris. Sorry I didnt get to see you all and I hope you have a great stay.

I also heard a rumour that Flash may make Doncaster if certain 'conditions' are in place? ()

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Great pic.

Good to see how this site brings people together yet again.

Great looking kite!

It looks like you all had a great time together!

Great stuff. Super people at a great museum. Can't wait to see more happy snappies.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

And a good time was had by all - good to hear that. I'm also intrigued by the Wing Co's remark regarding Virgin Net Uh oh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    And a good time was had by all - good to hear that. I'm also intrigued by the Wing Co's remark regarding Virgin Net Uh oh!!!
    So he goes out into Nottingham Forest with his net to catch vir....... ah, best not go there

Some random pics from the camera of Mrs F for you to enjoy:

Name:  DSC01264.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  182.0 KB Name:  DSC01265.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  201.6 KB Name:  DSC01267.jpg
Size:  169.3 KB Name:  DSC01272.jpg
Size:  199.8 KB Name:  DSC01274.jpg
Size:  199.1 KB Name:  DSC01275.jpg
Size:  176.2 KB Name:  DSC01280.jpg
Size:  189.6 KB Name:  DSC01282.jpg
Size:  199.7 KB Name:  DSC01288.jpg
Size:  201.0 KB

"He is wise who watches"

Some splendid photos from the lens of Mrs F Dave. please commend her work. David Bailey who's he!

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Simply that my phone has been down for four days, and had it been working, I would have got the message from my Solicitors office postponing our meeting until Monday. That would have given me plenty of time to blag a lift down to Hendon with Chris.

Kyte, ever so slightly miffed..

I am sooooo jealous. Looks like you guys are having a great time. Looking forward to more photos.

Thankyou Mrs F for the fine set of pics!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston S. Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Here's the Magnificent Men in their Flying Machine

Flash (Dave), Graeme, Matt56 (Matt) and Hedeby (Chris). A good day out was had by all, and nice to catch up with, and meet new, forum chums.
    Nice to see that you are all enjoying yourselves!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston S. Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Simply that my phone has been down for four days, and had it been working, I would have got the message from my Solicitors office postponing our meeting until Monday. That would have given me plenty of time to blag a lift down to Hendon with Chris.

Kyte, ever so slightly miffed..
    Ouch. That's annoying.

Great pics! Hats off to Mrs. F!

my phone has been down for four days
    Bad luck that Rob -

So he goes out into Nottingham Forest with his net to catch vir....... ah, best not go there
    Bad boy that Steve ......

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Don't be daft Steve. Where are you going to catch one of them in Nottingham?

Rob.

Very true

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Don't be daft Steve. Where are you going to catch one of them in Nottingham?

Rob.
    Fond memories of Nottingham. None with a virgin in them, so I agree with you.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Great photographs, Dave! Please congratulate Mrs F.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. South England Yeovil Model Show 2019
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-23-2018, 16:34
  2. Pražský Con 2019
    By Dan-Sam in forum Czechoslovak Wing
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-01-2018, 03:11
  3. Have we got a date for 2019 yet?
    By Guntruck in forum Prague Summer Con