Ares Games

Thread: Australian pilots/gunners/flight crew in Official Ares minis?

Default Australian pilots/gunners/flight crew in Official Ares minis?

Hey all, just wondering if anyone here has made a list of all the Aussies and New Zealanders represented by Ares minis? Not just pilots, but any crew who flew in the specific aircraft represented.

I know the pilot of AJ-P Popsie the Dambuster Lancaster is an Aussie, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Brownlow_Martin

I'm also aware Michael James Herrick of the green/brown camo Beaufighter is a New Zealander,
    http://www.aresgames.eu/8721

But I'm not sure of any others. I'm thinking of increasing my orders for those releases and pushing them a bit harder at shops other than game stores.
    If anyone has any contacts at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra, that's exactly where I want to put those lancs!! Plus the Moorabin Air Museum for the Beaufighters. Those with a bunch of starter sets could potentially bring many more players into the game.

Cheers all

I know they're Nexus, not Ares, but if you have any leftover Snipes both 'Baker' and 'Ryrie' are Aussies from 4 Squadron AFC
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Ah! I did not know this. I do actually have some of these. Nice one!

in addition to those mentioned by Tim:

DH.4 Cotton/Betts Frederick Sidney Cotton was born on 17 June 1894 in Queensland, Australia

SE.5a and Sopwith Tripe Roderic Stanley Dallas (1891-1918) was born on 30 July 1891 at Mount Stanley station near Esk, Queensland

Sopwith Tripe Robert Alexander Little - Born in Victoria (you should have know that, Evan)

Bristol F2.B Eustace Slade Headlam - Born in Bothwell, Tasmania and E.B.S Beaton

G'day, mate.

Don't know about any Aussie pilots, but have you considered the Point Cook RAAF base museum as a point of sale also?

Hey Mick, Yes thats on the list for sure.

Similar Missions

1. Zoe appointed the official Australian Adjutant
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-16-2016, 01:58
  2. WGF Possible new source for 1/144 Pilots & Gunners.
    By gully_raker in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 02:47
  3. Pilots and Rear Gunners
    By Belis4rius in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 15:17
  4. Australian Flying Corps Pilots Wings.
    By gully_raker in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 15:14
  5. Peter Pig 1/144 Pilots & Gunners
    By Smokeme in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 15:37