Ares Games

Thread: PAX 2018 Melbourne

Default PAX 2018 Melbourne

Hi guys, a few of us down here in Melbourne will be doing 3 whole days at PAX Melbourne, its our biggest gaming con here. We're going to do WW1, WW2, and then possibly some tripods & triplanes and Sails of Glory. We would love it if anyone is there to come say hello! We'll be in the 'House of War' area, the House of War are an incredible games store in Ringwood Melbourne that carry a stack of Wings of Glory. They just got a new 6 foot wide printer set up... New maps anyone?

Also any advice on hosting games with lots of walk buys would be great! I want to expose the game to as many newcomers as possible.

So far I'm planning on having a 'flight training school' booth off to the side of the game, which is manned by one of us permanently to grab people's attention and invite them in to play after a crash course in the rules.

How does one manage the turn order well in a large game in a loud & distracting environment? I am a bit concerned we will have lots of players a few movements ahead or behind, or taking too long to program their manoeuvres. Any advice welcome!!

Cheers all

Hi Evan
    Zoe had a game going at CanCon where Gotha bombers headed off lengthwise up the table at pre determined intervals one after the other. Walk in players just picked an entente fighter that was sitting on a cockpit at the sides and started playing. It worked really well so maybe you should ask her for a copy of that scenario.

I see the event is 26-28th October. Unfortunately I will be overseas but I am sure it will be a great success.
    Last edited by Baxter; 08-13-2018 at 15:27.

Thumbs up

Good luck with this Evan!
    I will look forward to hearing how everything goes.

Similar Missions

1. G'day from Melbourne
    By Mick.G in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-06-2018, 18:42
  2. Anyone in Melbourne, 9 or 10 December for a game?
    By Dog of War in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2017, 09:05
  3. Any of our Aussie chums live near Melbourne?
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 15:18
  4. Little Wars Melbourne anyone?
    By Dagorlad in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 02:56
  5. Any Melbourne Pilots out there ?
    By emphatz in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 19:08