Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammerhead 2019 Saturday 2nd March

Set up stRts at 0900 with doors opening for the punters at 1000.
    Would prefer arrivals between 0900 and 0930 to assist with set up before doors open.
    As Chris has said he needs a couple more mats so any assistance would be useful, plus if you have a plane preference, bring it along , I am sure you will get chance to use it at some point.
    Please remember this is a public partisipation show so hopefully we get to show joe public our game and get some converts.
    See all on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    I will be there from around 08:30 ish.. will bring all kit, however I need a couple of extra mats. Anyone got a preference for what we want to do... alas we won’t have any Tripods this time...
    I have mats. What is your preference? I have an 8 x 5 ft Kent countryside mat with an add on 1 ft wide coastal strip or I have the countryside, coastal and town Ares mats.

Oh no John! not whisperingdeath.
    Just as well that I'm doing Sails then. It's much harder for her to shoot a ship down, although I would
    not say she could not do it. I will warn the flying Dutchman to stay away on Saturday.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I have mats. What is your preference? I have an 8 x 5 ft Kent countryside mat with an add on 1 ft wide coastal strip or I have the countryside, coastal and town Ares mats.
    Kent countryside please Reg.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

ok we will try and be there for about 0900 you need anything else bringing

look forward to seeing you Andy and Marion.
    Rob.

Myself and Alex (Dirigible 2) will be there around 0900.
    Just don’t let him near anything ‘Albatross’ related.....

You mean like Monty Python or Edgar Alen Poe poems Paul?

Rob.

Have a great weekend chaps

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks Dave.
    Rob.

I've decorated 4 rooms in the last 2 weeks since the house move and higher authority has granted me leave of absence tomorrow, so I will be at Hammerhead.
    I wasn't sure this would happen or I would have offered to help out in whatever way I could, although having seen the York Show last month you put on a very professional display.

Be really good to see you tomorrow John.
    Rob.

Rob - Don’t get me started on the larks’ tongues or osselots tails...

Really sorry guys last minute problems. I can’t do tomorrow as I am having a new floor fitted, and need to be here to shift washing machines etc. Have tried to work round things but wasn’t able to do so. I hope to be able to get through for lunchtime just can’t be there for set up etc.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the short notice and inconvenience. I am sure Reg and the chaps will do a sterling job in my enforced absence.

Really sorry guys last minute problems. I can’t do tomorrow as I am having a new floor fitted, and need to be here to shift washing machines etc. Have tried to work round things but wasn’t able to do so. I hope to be able to get through for lunchtime just can’t be there for set up etc.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the short notice and inconvenience. I am sure Reg and the chaps will do a sterling job in my enforced absence.
    OK I've got the mats but who is bringing the Aircraft? I'm assuming that that has been looked after!

Don’t think we are ever short on planes.....

Give my wristband thing to one of the guys. I will either pay on the door later or blag my way in

What planes do you want WW1 or 2?

Rob.

Sorry to hear this Chris, can anyone else bring the rest of the gear needed, My motor is full of ships

Lovely to see the chaps today... alas all to briefly as had to rush home for cat induced floor disaster... incredible set of paw prints in the fresh concrete.. took 2 hours to sand it flat again and deconcrete the cat. On a plus note swmbo felt sorry for me and has approved trip to WMMS next Sunday. So huge thanks to John Biggles, Dirigible and Reg for running the show in my enforced absence.

Good to see you too Chris.
    Did you ever see such a plethora of spare planes.
    John Biggles' entire collection and two boxes of mine.
    Almost made it look as if Tim were there but not quite the same without him today.
    Thanks for the tip off about the cat. I will remember to quarintine him in May when we have our base poured, hopefully without being pawed.
    Rob.

A big vote of thanks to JohnBiggles for 'saving the day' by bringing game mats and running the games.

Perhaps we should set up some form of 'emergency contact system' for events.

I had my inaugural game of Sails, thanks to Rob, Chris, Reg and Andy for showing me the ropes but every time I looked over to the Wings table they were having a whale of a time. A fantastic display of balloons, planes and lots of happy players so a big well done there.

wish to thank John Biggles for bringing also his aircraft and mats great games and good to see everyone again

Here are a couple of shots showing John entertaining our groupies from up North.
    Chris recons they have been playing with us at shows for about ten years now.

Name:  IMG_7446.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  162.6 KB

Here is Whispering Death getting in on the action too.
    Name:  IMG_7447.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  179.7 KB

Rob.

They have been with us for many years, three generations of the same family. Usually the Newark shows but also at Triples when there was such a thing... always well up for a scrap, always boisterous, never dull, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Here are a couple of shots showing John entertaining our groupies from up North.
    Chris recons they have been playing with us at shows for about ten years now.

Name:  IMG_7446.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  162.6 KB

Here is Whispering Death getting in on the action too.
    Name:  IMG_7447.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  179.7 KB

Rob.
    I see the clenched fists there. Did it come to blows?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I see the clenched fists there. Did it come to blows?
    The chap in the black jumper was saying "bugger the balloons I'm going to shoot down that pink striped plane"

I didn't get to say hello, there was so much mayhem going on but Whispering Death seemed to have them all under control.

They have been with us for many years, three generations of the same family. Usually the Newark shows but also at Triples when there was such a thing... always well up for a scrap, always boisterous, never dull, lol
    I do like repeat custom !

"He is wise who watches"

Looks like the show was a good un. Congrats to all involved and well done John Biggles and the team for coming up trumps after Chris's catastrophy

We are never knowingly under gunned Mike.

Rob.

Here is a picture of my raffle prize which Chris presented to me at hammerhead for the fundraising earlier in the year.
    Here it is now complete with the contents from my WWII box.

Name:  IMG_7449.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  122.3 KB

Name:  IMG_7448.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  143.9 KB
    thank you to all those who contributed so that I could win this superb box.

Rob.

Well I might make another for Doncaster. (or two).
    See you on the Dark Side......

I'm after getting one for Sails. There is a definite gap in the market there.
    Rob.

There's a challenge Neil.... also what about a TRIPODS themed one?

I'd be in for another raffle attempt. Rob's prize looks superb Go for it Neil

It is smashing Mike. Just what the Dr. ordered.
    Rob.

We had a great time at Hammerhead, and Amy really stepped up with gamer control coming naturally to her, even keeping me focussed and on track for the three games we managed to squeeze in to the day (plus an hour of stall rambling at lunch time [where she spent far too much of my money]).
    Thanks must go out to Paul (Dirigible) for fielding a lot of passing punters questions in between being shot up by his son, and Dave (Naharaht) who took copious photos which he will hopefully upload over the next few weeks as his busy schedule permits. Hawkeye and Deadly M helped with looking after newbies to the game, and Reg who delayed his departure to load all his WoG kit into his car that morning in case it was needed.
    What a team!

Lest we forget

Thank you John for once more pulling the Chestnuts out of the fire.
    Only sorry that I did not get time to play in one of your games.
    Rob.

Thank you John!
    I like talking to people about the game (aka ‘buttonholing’)
    On the other hand, the child had been rebriefed regarding who feeds him, vis-a-vis shooting down etc...

I've sourced a larger box. I'll keep you informed. (Well its slightly larger and will accommodate the rule book)

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

That covers the only shortcoming that I found then Neil.
    Good man.
    Rob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Hammerhead 2018 Newark Sat March 3
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-02-2018, 12:16
  2. Hammerhead 2017 Sat 4 March 2017
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-11-2017, 10:32
  3. Hammerhead 2016 Sat March 5