Ares Games

Thread: Pegs and Posts

Default Pegs and Posts

I posted this link a while back but given the current interest.

http://www.corseceng.com/products/omn-stand-wow-base

I have a number of the two seater and single seater bases, some posts and some round magnetic tops. All that is required is to glue a small nut over the WoG plane peg and then you have an omni attitude/directional flight stand. If you do not want that anymore then gently twist the nut off of of the peg and go back to the official pegs and bases. Cheap and very easy to use.

Have you tried using them with metal models, Gary? The extra weight can be a problem with magnetic mounts.

I have a metal C47 it works well with. Those magnets are very strong I have to be careful when detaching models. I do not use the telescopic posts though. I would imagine the higher the metal plane gets the more unstable it would be.

I drill the base of the metal planes and glue the ball directly into the depression. That reduces the leverage as long as you find the balancing point of the plane.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I drill the base of the metal planes and glue the ball directly into the depression. That reduces the leverage as long as you find the balancing point of the plane.
    Rob.
    I do this with both metal and resin aircraft but the all metal planes are sometimes too heavy for the magnet and insist on only diving!
    stronger magnets than I have been able to find are required so with the metal type i have reverted to pegs.

There is no separate ball with the corsec engineering solution. The ball is a screw on attachment to the post and it is highly magnetic. If you glue a nut over the peg on the plane or just to your metal plane that is all that is required. You can paint the nut the same as the fuselage if you want to. No drilling or messing about required. I find it a much more reliable and elegant solution than using the standard WoG magnetic post toppers. You can also screw on a flat magnetic post topper rather than the ball one if your model is too heavy for the ball type.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141028_193602.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	253069
    Last edited by Baxter; 08-18-2018 at 16:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I do this with both metal and resin aircraft but the all metal planes are sometimes too heavy for the magnet and insist on only diving!
    stronger magnets than I have been able to find are required so with the metal type i have reverted to pegs.
    Have you tried the Bomber magnets that Keith does Reg?
    Rob.

Horses for courses Gary. if that system works for you superb.
    I just have a dislike for the metal supports and toppers, but that is just an aesthetics thing.
    Rob.

Somehow missed this but looks good. Thanks for the post and link.

Just placed an order for some bases, pegs and toppers. I have an idea on how I want to use them with my AIM planes so see how things work out. I will post what happens.

Well ordered 5 bases/3" pegs and toppers on Sunday. They came today so I can say that was great service. The flat topper will work well with the magnetic rings I use so this works out great. I also checked and the pegs will screw into the bottom of the AIM planes when the screw is removed. So that gives a couple of ways to use these items. Thanks for posting this link Gary.

Gary I had to post a new reply about this. I just received my 3rd order from these guys today. I really like their stuff but I have to take back my thoughts on their service. My last order was placed on 24 Jan and as I said it just came today. The order I placed before that took 3 weeks and I sent them an email making sure they got my order. Great product but slow service. I think this is a very small company and that my be the reason for slow shipping.

Hi Bob,

It takes about 5-6 weeks for anything to get down here so what you got in terms of service was not that bad. I think if you were really needing something though it would not be good enough! Did you express your displeasure?

Not really displeased. The order was correct it just took some time. I didn't need it fast so no big deal.

On the Upcoming page of the Ares Games website it says that Bags of 50 Additional Flight Stands (pegs) will be re-issued in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    On the Upcoming page of the Ares Games website it says that Bags of 50 Additional Flight Stands (pegs) will be re-issued in July.
    Great!
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Just saw that OMNI is or has closed. I liked their product so glad I have a few of their bases. Sorry for the loss of this product.

Similar Missions

1. Bomber pegs vs. flight pegs
    By matt56 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-11-2015, 21:59
  2. Altitude Pegs / Flight Pegs ?
    By Maverick in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 15:34
  3. 1.000 posts
    By marcoperse in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 42